Hide and Chic Purse Holster - DeSantis
This women's concealer offers an ingenious hidden handgun compartment that is...

Female CO Killed in Colo. Facility

September 25, 2012  |

Colorado Department of Corrections officials released few details Monday about the homicide of a correctional officer at the Arkansas Valley Correctional Facility in Crowley, about 45 miles east of Pueblo.

A female officer was killed and Sgt. Lori Gann was seriously injured after at least one inmate assaulted them in the prison's kitchen during breakfast preparation.

The name of the slain officer, also a sergeant, was not released.

Read Full Story at: Chieftain.com

Tags: Officer Down, Corrections, Assaults on Officers, Duty Deaths

RICHARD @ 9/25/2012 5:50 PM

AS THE LEGAL SYSTEM GETS WEAKER, THE SCUM BAGS GET STRONGER AND MORE BRAZEN. WILL WE EVER GET A PRO POLICE, PRO LAW ENFORCEMENT PRESIDENT. DOESN'T SEEM SO.
CONDOLENCES TO THE SLAIN OFFICER AND GET WELL SOON SGT. GANN. I HOPE THIS TRAGEDY DOESN'T GO DOWN IN VAIN. STAY STRONG ALL YOU OFFICERS JUST STARTING OUT. TO US OLD TIMERS STAY EVEN STRONGER.

Bob@Az. @ 9/25/2012 5:50 PM

After reading the story I would suggest stop feeding these pos in a mess hall and start giving them plastic plates & bowls with enough to keep them alive. Feed them in their cells and see how that works. My condolences to the two Officers and their families. Blues, stay safe.

Lizzie @ 9/25/2012 6:23 PM

I worked in the CO Correctional system back in the late 1990's...I can tell you that the officers had NO WEAPONS to defend themselves whatsoever. I had to transport scumbags from a lower-security level prison to work in the Max. security level prison kitchen...I had a crappy cage that stood between me and 12 inmates on the bus - and no weapon!

Jim A @ 9/25/2012 6:53 PM

If they want to get you, they will, whether you carry weapons or not. They are patient and react before you can react.

I pray for the families of those lost and injured.

Some say the death penalty is not a successful way of dealing with crime. I have never had a POS like this come back to life and tell me the death penalty did not work. This bleeding-heart society does not want anyone to pay for their "sins". They think everyone that says "ppor me" has an excuse. Like Warren Zevon said in his excellent and sarcastic song, "He's just an excitable boy". I say enough! Texas has it right.

Dana @ 9/25/2012 8:29 PM

Tragic! Society as a whole has absolutely no idea what sacrifices correctional officers around the country make each and every day. Hence the reason I go out of my way to shake a hand everytime I encounter one. God speed to all of them!

Cam in Montana @ 9/26/2012 12:00 AM

How horrible for these officers and their families, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I worked a detention center-good experience to learn how to talk to folks when they are off their drug of choice. Every time there was an inmate/officer issue, the brass stood up for the inmate at least 95% of the time. 'Well we have to keep the peace in the units" Recidivism is just so out of hand and the younger are always looking for a way to bolster their reputations. What a sad, sad, situation. They should have all their time out taken away, the goodies at the commissary, and their phone. THAT is when you will see peer pressure! Prayers and thought to the family's .

westcoastleo @ 9/26/2012 4:48 PM

"the death penalty is not a successful way of dealing with crime" However it will get rid of each and every one of the persons who commit crimes such as murder, sexual assaults against anyone, and other crimes which are so despicable that they need killing off themselves. Then you won’t ever have to worry about them again.

LASD 32.9 years.
Field Supervisor

Fed Cop @ 9/27/2012 8:12 AM

Where's Sheriff Joe? Feed them baloney on white bread with a cup of water. You don't need a kitchen. Through the bread and meat on a styrofoam plate, and they can put it together themselves.
RIP CO

S.S @ 9/27/2012 10:00 AM

yeah its too bad that prisons all over the nation cater to these assholes. Everybody is so caught up on being politically correct nowadays, that we forget what these p.o.s. did to get put into prison in the first place. These guys get 3 hots, and a cot, cable t.v. free medical, dental and vision. They have it better on the inside than a lot of people who work hard and are law abiding citizens do on the outside. Now that really sux. We now have two l.e.o.s 1 dead, and one in critical condition, and both were female. Can you imagine what kind of scumbag would do that? Just imagine what kinda mindset this guy would have to be in in order to commit this crime. Most of society cannot comprehend. This guy is better off dead,but since he's already in prison most of the prison population will consider this guy a god. SUX doesn't it.

Tim @ 9/27/2012 11:45 PM

Now it's time to feed the prisoners nutraloaf in their cells for the rest of their sentences. I hope another inmate that has respect for women puts a beaten on this scumbag.

Jaime @ 9/29/2012 5:57 PM