Security Policy and the Cloud

Ask The Expert

Mark Rivera

FBI-CJIS Security Policy Compliance Officer

Mark Rivera, Customer Retention Manager and CJIS Security Compliance Officer with Vigilant Solutions, served for sixteen years with the Maryland State Police, retiring at the rank of First Sergeant with thirteen of those years at the supervisory and command level. He holds a Master of Science Degree in Management from The Johns Hopkins University and Secret clearance through the FBI, Baltimore.

Hide and Chic Purse Holster - DeSantis
This women's concealer offers an ingenious hidden handgun compartment that is...

Missouri Deputy Resigns, After Shooting Chihuahua

April 05, 2011  |

Photo: Flickr (david_shankbone).

A Bollinger County (Mo.) Sheriff's deputy has resigned, after firing three shots an angry Chihuahua.

Dep. Kelly Barks was responding to a domestic disturbance call in February, when she encountered three growling dogs, including the Chihuahua. Barks fired at the dog, left the home, and returned to fire two more shots at the dog.

Barks' boss, Sheriff Leo McGrath, told a local media outlet he was "just sick" about the incident.

Read the full story via RiverfrontTimes.com.

DanJ @ 4/6/2011 8:09 AM

I'm "just sick" that she fired three times at a barking rat and didn't hit it.

DanJ @ 4/6/2011 8:12 AM

Hit send before I finished--fired three times at a barking rat and didn't hit it with a fatal shot until the third one. What kind of duty ammo are they carrying?

Michael @ 4/6/2011 2:26 PM

Well, I am sure her fellow deputies are glad she left. Who knows how she would have handle a really bad situation. I mean I guess it could have been a really bad ass Chihuahua all 5 pounds of it.......Right! I wonder if she ever played kickball as a kid or saw a football game?

garry @ 4/7/2011 12:30 PM

I woulda tazed thr dog if it bit me

Ay Ay @ 4/7/2011 2:23 PM

LoL this story is so ironic.

Laura @ 4/11/2011 4:01 PM

OMG My daughter's Chihuahua growls at me every morning when I make her get out of bed and go out with out other dogs. I'm not about to shoot her for it.
The poor dog didn't bite her and didn't deserve to be shot and killed. Some people shouldn't be police officers and she's on that list. Glad to hear she resigned.