Tactical Pants - Galls
A popular choice for public safety professionals, the Galls Tactical Pants are...

California Concealed Gun Ruling to be Reconsidered

March 30, 2015  |

A federal appeals court will reconsider last year's controversial ruling that would have dramatically loosened California's restrictions on carrying concealed firearms, reports the San Jose Mercury News.

In a brief order filed Thursday, the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals agreed to take a second look at the so-called Peruta case with a special 11-judge panel. The order effectively scraps a February 2014 decision that invalidated the San Diego County sheriff's strict guidelines for concealed-carry gun permits. And for now the order preserves similar limits in the Bay Area and elsewhere enforced by local sheriffs.

A majority of the 9th Circuit's 29 fulltime judges had to vote in favor of rehearing the case with an 11-judge panel. In a separate order, the court also agreed to reconsider a related case out of Yolo County. The court will hear arguments in the cases the week of June 15.

Chuck @ 3/30/2015 4:53 PM

Come on people get it right this time.

Chuck W @ 3/30/2015 5:55 PM

So if I don't like this court ruling, I can take it to a different court, if I don't like that one I will take it to a different court, if I still don't like that ruling I will just keep court and judge shopping until I get the answer I want. Is that really how the system is set up, keep shopping until I get what I want. Perhaps if we followed the original Constitution and stopped trying to bastardize every rule, law, mandate to fit our own personal agenda we wouldn't be in such turmoil.

Daniel Joseph @ 3/30/2015 6:09 PM

Arizona has had concealed carry without a license for over 2 years. Nevada has been SHALL issue since 1994. Even though law enforcement did not support the shall issue change crime is down.
There is no down side to citizens carrying weapons. The people that are going to use weapons against cops do not care about the laws and it is time that law enforcement figured that out.

sam wilson @ 4/3/2015 9:20 PM

All law abiding citizens must have the right toccw carry

Chief K @ 4/6/2015 9:02 AM

I have a difficult time grasping how people don't understand that law abiding citizens are not the ones with issues. Also, there are so many laws on the books already its silly.

Warren @ 12/3/2015 10:12 PM

Sooo, The hearing was in June. When are we gonna hear the outcome?