Tactical Pants - Galls
A popular choice for public safety professionals, the Galls Tactical Pants are...

.380 Pocket Pistol Added to Glock Line

January 06, 2014  |

The .380 caliber G42 is the smallest pistol ever made by Glock.
The .380 caliber G42 is the smallest pistol ever made by Glock.

Glock Inc. announced today the launch of the company’s first pocket pistol, the .380 caliber Glock 42.

“This slimline subcompact pistol is able to withstand the rigors of any situation,” said Glock Vice President Josh Dorsey. “It’s safe, simple and fast. The G42 is a Glock in every sense.”

The G42 uses the same Safe Action System found in all Glock pistols. It will debut at the SHOT Show next week.

Glock

G42 Pistol

Caliber: .380

Capacity: 6 rounds

Action: Striker-fired Safe Action System

Length (overall): 5.94 inches

Length (slide cpl.): 5.75 inches

Width: 0.94 inches

Height (with magazine): 4.13 inches

Barrel Length: 3.25 inches

Weight (empty): 12.35 ounces

Trigger Pull: ~5.62 pounds

Tags: Concealed Carry, Glock, Backup Guns

claywatson @ 1/6/2014 3:51 PM

9mm G26 & .40 G27 are rather heavy and wide (double-stack mags) for ankle, flash-bang bra and other hide-out spots. But do have famed ability to use your primary's high-cap mags. Many will say this new Glock should have been a single-stack 9 for performance & ammo availability. There is better ammo for .380s now, and less recoil than the 9 and for sure the snappy .40. Shot placement still paramount: http://www.policeone.com/Officer-Safety/tips/6668022-Carrying-off-duty-with-the-Flashbang-holster/

RJ @ 1/6/2014 5:25 PM

42 looks great. Nice for concealment. But good luck finding Adamo for it. Single stack 9mm would be nicer.

Boston @ 1/6/2014 5:58 PM

I love Glock's Warranty Program. I sent my Glock 34 down for maintenance. They replaced the frame all internals except the barrel for zip. I paid for shipping to Georgia that was it. Can't beat that! My understanding is many departments are moving away from 40 cal. LEO's having problems with qualifying, low scores due recoil. Some departments are moving to .45 ACP.

Serpico @ 1/6/2014 9:19 PM

I'd rather just carry a PPK in .380. But if you like 9mm there's the new Remington R51 that's a sweet little package!

Soyab @ 1/7/2014 3:26 AM

Soyab @ 1/7/2014 3:28 AM

It is almost spying gun easy to carry and hide. I hope it will be more effective and friendly during crisis. I am eager to bye thanks police on target to send this message.

claywatson @ 1/7/2014 5:07 AM

Thanks for the tip on the Remington R51 9mm+P, Serpico! It may be the first non-Glock I've bought since S&W revolvers.

Fed Chief @ 1/7/2014 6:10 AM

Looks like a nice package. However, I now carry the Ruger LC9 for my CC with 6+1 9MM.

Jonathan @ 1/7/2014 7:59 AM

My choice for concealed carry is my Kahr CM9. It has an awesome trigger. It's lightweight and easily concealable and for $400 it's a real deal.

Mike @ 1/7/2014 8:35 AM

Would make for a nice backup gun.. Personally I would not carry anything less than a 9 for my primary.. But a nice rig never the less.

Capt. Crunch @ 1/7/2014 11:31 AM

@ Boston, I can beat that, I had my Smith&Wesson model 25-5 for 20 years and never had to use the warranty LOL.

KS45acpglocklawman @ 1/7/2014 12:37 PM

Not a bad idea..but while 1911 redundancy by all manufactures is ok, the idea behind this?? I carry both a 1911 Commander sized for off duty carry, or a Glock 30s. Glock DOES HAVE a .380 in a compact size, I think its the Model 28 in double stack, a 26/27 frame size, but due to importation regulations can't import it. it would be a great concealed carry gun, holds like 15 or 17 rds. It can be ordered thru stocking LEO dealers only, like Striecher's or GT Supply maybe. AND ONLY LEOs and feds can own it.

jt @ 1/8/2014 6:19 PM

been a Glock man for 21 years, was an armorer for 20, really impressed with the reliability of Glock. Anyone know if retired LEOs will be able to purchase one?

Plissken @ 2/20/2014 6:47 PM

Want a good gun for your backup?, get a Taurus PT740, same number of rounds, size and a 40Cal.

Sam Plissken @ 2/20/2014 6:48 PM

GDOC @ 4/30/2014 12:50 PM

The Glock 42, 380. Can't wait till Saturday I'll be pick up my G42 at the gun show. The following weekend I'll be on my range putting rounds down range. I'm a Glock owner for over 15 years, Firearms Instructor, Glock armorer. The reputation the reliability of the Glock, I know this will be a great asset and addition to my Glock collection. I ordered my G42 through GT'S in Austin Texas. I'll get back on how the G42 fires. GDoc