Tactical Pants - Galls
A popular choice for public safety professionals, the Galls Tactical Pants are...

Obama Asks Police To Help Pass Gun Legislation

January 28, 2013  |

CC_Flickr: Austen Hufford
CC_Flickr: Austen Hufford

President Obama enlisted selected law enforcement leaders Monday to keep the political pressure on Congress to pass new gun-control legislation as a response to three public shootings.

On Monday, Obama met with the police chiefs of the communities of Newtown, Conn.; Aurora, Colo.; and Oak Creek, Wis. Officers responded to the worst shootings of 2012 in those towns.

"Hopefully if law enforcement officials who are dealing with this stuff every single day can come to some basic consensus in terms of steps that we need to take," he told the Associated Press. "Congress is going to be paying attention to them, and we'll be able to make progress."

Obama also met in the White House's Roosevelt Room with members of the Major Cities Chiefs Association and the Major County Sheriffs Association, including U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, Minneapolis Police Chief Janee Harteau, and Hennepin County (Minn.) Sheriff Richard Stanek.

Obama has urged Congress to ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. He has proposed additional funding to hire officers to guard schools and urged Congress to address mental health issues.

Tags: Gun Control Advocacy, Barack Obama, Minneapolis PD, Hennepin County (Minn.) Sheriff, Sandy Hook School Shooting, Sikh Temple Shooting, 2012 Aurora Shooting

john @ 1/28/2013 4:11 PM

Obama can shove his gun control,up his you know where

Renee @ 1/28/2013 4:17 PM

I hope Police stand with the people and help protect 2nd amendment!

Bill @ 1/28/2013 4:27 PM

I'm hating this communist more each time he opens his mouth. I can't believe anyone would support such an anti American, freedom robbing a$$ hat. All he does is wipe his a$$ with the Constitution, each and every chance he gets. I'm sick of it, and him!

officer .garcia @ 1/28/2013 4:27 PM

I am a police officer and I vote no to obamas gun ban.

Chuck @ 1/28/2013 4:29 PM

Notice how it starts off with, "obama enlisted selected law enforcement leaders." Doesn't say he selected random or non-biased L.E. officials (Yes I understand a chief that has gone through something like Connecticut and Colorado are going to have to be understandable biased), but bias, leads to one sided, often times knee jerk reaction and decisions. I also didn't know hiolder was a member of the "major sheriff and police associations." he is also dangling the proverbial carrot by claiming that he will give additional funding to L.E. to hire officers to guard and protect schools. That is all fine and well in the short term but, how long did those extra funds last the last time they were thrown out there and why did they go away in the first place. How about instead of taking away rights from law abiding citizens, these politicians figure out a way to make the punishment fit the crime and stick to that.

Chuck Haggard @ 1/28/2013 4:32 PM

Since I am sworn to uphold and protect the Constitution I will respectfully decline Pres. Obama's request.

Chuck @ 1/28/2013 4:33 PM

Funny how when the police say anything about the amount of L.E. being klilled by violent offenders let out by liberal left wing politicians and bleeding heart liberals, we hear "that is your job, you chose to be a cop, no one made you chose that profession." but when it fits their ideals, it is all about taking away the guns and now they are worried about how dangerous our job and they only want to protect us. A&& bags.

Blaine Nay @ 1/28/2013 4:33 PM

Every one of us with a badge swore an oath to the Constitution -- not to a political agenda. We must stand 100% shoulder to shoulder against any new gun-control legislation and against enforcement of them if enacted.

Charles @ 1/28/2013 4:33 PM

He must be out of his mind if he actually thinks Police will help him shred the Constitution and take away peoples rights. And any officer who would agree to such a thing obviously hasn't studied up on history.

PRM @ 1/28/2013 4:33 PM

The jerk hand picks a few liberal jack-asses and tries to make it look like all law enforcement are behind his scheme to destroy the 2nd Amendment and the Constitution. Its a pathetic abuse of power and the media is in the tank for him. What is even worse - all those Chiefs took the same oath to protect and defend the Constitution as the rest of us.

Jim Donahue @ 1/28/2013 4:37 PM

Notice O'Bama (a/k/a Emperor O'Bama) isn't seeking support from the grunts on the street who must deal with the law-breaking, gun-toting trouble makers. He ought to ask the F.O.P. or other organization of street-level cops. He would probably be told to stuff his plan where the sun doesn't shine.

Tm109 @ 1/28/2013 4:37 PM

2A is not about hunting as politicians an media would like you to believe. More laws aimed at law abidding citizens is not the answer. Cops are not and should not be worried about law abidding people having guns. the real injustice is the capitalizing on a tragedy to promote an agenda instead of targeting real solutions.

officer.garcia @ 1/28/2013 4:38 PM

Vote NO! THESE POLITIANS ARE NOT STREET SMART THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT GOES ON OUTSIDE THE WALLS OF THEIR PALACES!
Deal with the mentals. Leave the law abiding citizens alone . 2ND AMMENDMENT IS OUR RIGHT

Steve @ 1/28/2013 4:42 PM

What would be really powerful, I think, would be to get the email addresses or contact info of these chiefs and let them know how the rank-and-file feel along with the informed citizen.

Johnny @ 1/28/2013 4:44 PM

Obama, Biden, Fienstein, Gov Cuomo, and the globalists they work for can take they're Unconstitutional laws and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Chuck @ 1/28/2013 4:44 PM

Dont do it brothers. Defend the constitution, he has alot of guts asking us to enforce something that we hold near and dear to our hearts

Diogenes @ 1/28/2013 4:47 PM

The rank and file of any agency whose chief or sheriff joins Obama in this crap should give a vote of no confidence. These chiefs and sheriffs are not serving their departments by becoming political. More guns equals less crime; LEOs should be supporting the private ownership of AR15s and unlimited magazine capacities. No more gun laws are needed, only longer prison sentences for career criminals.

Oldragon45 @ 1/28/2013 4:47 PM

My oath was to the Constitution of the United States. All of it.

officer.garcia @ 1/28/2013 4:50 PM

Heck, its hard for me as apolice officer to purchase rounds for my personal weapons for home defense and practice at the range.Thanks obama for making it hard for law enforcement to protect their familes and to keep our skills up..Brothers in blue please say NO to this man.

Tom Ret @ 1/28/2013 4:50 PM

Headline should read- Obama finds a few political hacks in law enforcement to help him convince people they don't need guns.

Old La. Deputy @ 1/28/2013 4:54 PM

100% of these comments show the distrust LEOs have for this BS Washington politico scheme. I stand with you all! 22yrs. US Army/8 yrs Corrections

JM @ 1/28/2013 4:55 PM

I respect the Office of the President. But I do not respect nor support the effort to curtail the 2nd Ammendment. Rep or Dem this is wrong. And after 30+ yrs on the street & still there I know as my brothers & sisters do this will solve nothing. If good people shoot back it makes things better for us all.

LAW634 @ 1/28/2013 4:58 PM

Tell him to enforce the laws already on the books and include illegal immigrants.

m41 @ 1/28/2013 4:59 PM

Obama does not have any kind of support among the rank and file officers of this country. He sure as heck don't have any gun control support by us. He rely s on the big city chief that are political hacks. They don't speak for us.

Jonathan Shuler @ 1/28/2013 5:03 PM

My dept will not support no gun laws or bans on anything.

Ktyhawk @ 1/28/2013 5:06 PM

Obama and his ilk will stop at nothing in trying to disarm the American people. We, the law enforcement community, are going to be put in a very precarious situation pretty soon. Hope all of you have had the discussion with your families about which side you will be on. I, and many others, take our oath very seriously. Mr. Obama, you are a loon if you think we will disarm the American people or assist your intentions.

Don Mason @ 1/28/2013 5:08 PM

I am a Chief of Police, I have been in law enforcement to understand that criminals do not obey the law. If you pass more laws, the criminals will only have that many more laws to break. Our government is attempting to punish millions of Americans for what a select few choos to do. These select few will do their evil deeds... with or without guns.

Deputy Bob @ 1/28/2013 5:09 PM

It is nice to this unity among my brothers in law enforcement. Last year Illinois (the most corrupt state in the union) tried to finally pass a concealed carry law and for the 1st time, the Chicago Patrolman's Association and the Sgts Association and the Illinois Sheriff's Association supported it, but the left wing liberals who drove Illinois into the ground defeated it.

Bill2az @ 1/28/2013 5:10 PM

Don't dismiss all gun control. We do need a more detailed background on those purchasing firearms. Why do I need a 30 round magazine for private use? Using reason would be prudent.

Glenn @ 1/28/2013 5:12 PM

This guy is the ant-Christ. He has all the answers. How about actually punishing these savages who prey on the few good people we have left. Lets actually put people in prison for committing crimes instead of allowing them out on parole or giving them such a rediculous sentence that they think this system is a joke. You can ban all the guns you want. Keep letting crimnals out and they will keep committing crimes with guns, ban or not.

RICHARD ISAACS @ 1/28/2013 5:19 PM

AS WITH MY FELLOW PEACE OFFICERS, ENFORCE THE LAWS WE HAVE, DON'T GO MAKING UP NEW ONES JUST TO APPEASE THE PANSY ASSES THAT WANT AND BEG TO BE VICTIMS.

Deputy Bob @ 1/28/2013 5:21 PM

You need a 30 round magazine at home for the same reason you need it on the street. I don't have a problem with background checks and required training, but the mutts will still be able to get high capacity magazines, so its always better to have and not need, than to need and not have.

Sgt.D @ 1/28/2013 5:26 PM

How about better education to the public on how to KEEP our guns??! Couple that with a REAL mental health assistance plan and we can curtail the opportunity for the combination of some sick twit getting press time-which, of course, is what the press wants.
The news wants ANY kind of big news, and will make up something, sometimes totally absurd, just to get a reaction(which sells ad space when the uninformed sheep buy into the controversy of the day/week/month)..

steve senick @ 1/28/2013 5:30 PM

With all respect, Bill, simple arithmetic: what if the home invader/rapist/murderers have 31??? Is it worth losing your family's life for a ludicrous arbitrary magazine ban?

Chief Dink @ 1/28/2013 5:31 PM

I was in the Army for three years and I am a 25 year veteran in Law Enforcement and I believe 100% in the constitution. Obama is by far in my opinion the worst president this country has ever had. I stand with you my fellow brothers and sisters. He can have my gun when he takes it from my cold dead hand.

crispianranger @ 1/28/2013 5:33 PM

Latin: Si vis pacem, para bellum (If you wish for peace, prepare for war)....you might also note that "para bellum" is where the name of the 9mm round comes from....

Mike @ 1/28/2013 5:34 PM

I'm a retired LEO. I'd like to thank all of the Officers who are expressing their displeasure/disgust at the theatrics currently being played out by the Socialist, Obama, and his cadre of rear ends who are trying desperately to destroy our Constitution and our Country.
We must stand for the Constitution, and defend it with our lives if necessary.

Bill2az @ 1/28/2013 5:35 PM

I don't have a 30 round mag on duty or at home. Check stats on rounds fired in any LEO shoot out, you don't need 30 rounds in a mag. If we become as irrational as our opposition, we mirror their image.

njmotorcop @ 1/28/2013 5:39 PM

Not one single law enforcement "leader" will ever support him. Unfortunately, many politically appointed law enforcement "bosses" will.

outdoorguy2000 @ 1/28/2013 5:42 PM

How come the liberal media doesn't report the overwhelming support of active and retired law enforcement in opposition to additional firearm's regulations? Oh, because it may influence those who are blind to the truth!

Gus @ 1/28/2013 5:46 PM

I've been working in the Law Enforcement community for over 25 years and fully Believe in the Constitution of the US and especially the Second Amendment, this president is Destroying our Constitution

Tom Ret @ 1/28/2013 5:46 PM

The police chiefs, instead of supporting Obama in his gun grab, should have insisted on the resignation of Holder over the Fast N Furious episode.

Kermit Lugo @ 1/28/2013 5:46 PM

5 years U.S. NAVY, 22 years law enforcement. My question to Mr. Obama. Did the Brady Bill do any good? Answer, NOOOOOOO!!!!!
Put gun offense criminals in jail for life, stop penalizing honest citizens, and respect OUR CONSTITUTION.

njmotorcop @ 1/28/2013 5:47 PM

Sorry Bill2az, but you are completely wrong. History has proven that if they can come up with a reason to ban 30 round mags then they will soon extend that to 20 round mags, then 10 round mags, then 5 round mags until we have only single shot firearms. These people are pathological liars, saying and doing whatever they can to advance their subversive agenda to destroy the USA. That whore Feinstein even said in 1994 that if she could have gotten 51 senate votes to confiscate and destroy every firearm in the US she would have done it. Her goal is still the same but she's soft pedalling it these days to lure in the suckers who are stupid enough to ignore history and think that she'll stick to whatever compromise she makes now and not seek further restrictions in the near future. History has proven that people like this can never be trusted!

John Hensley @ 1/28/2013 5:49 PM

As a police chief and supporter of gun rights, I must respectfully decline the President's request.

njmotorcop @ 1/28/2013 5:51 PM

"Check stats on rounds fired in any LEO shoot out, you don't need 30 rounds in a mag."

Tell that to our brothers that were involved in the North Hollywood shootout!

Bill2az @ 1/28/2013 5:53 PM

njmotorcop, I have no argument with your statement regarding politicians. I was commenting on number of rounds needed in a LEO engagement. Average rounds fired was estimated at 3.9 when one officer is involved, jumps to 4.98 when two are involved and 6.48 when 3 or more officers are involved. Why do I NEED a 30 round mag? SWAT needs them, not me.

KsK9officer(ground zero s @ 1/28/2013 5:57 PM

As a former LEOand member of the National Guard, I agree with all my brothers/sisters in blue. The Islamobama/social commie Imposter/Divider in Chief is trying to subdue those of us who actually care for and defend this nation.

We are the first line of defense from despots and Hitlerian puppet, what is a part of our oath?? to PROTECT AND DEFEND THE COUNTRY FROM ALL ENEMIES FORIEGN AND "DOMESTIC", WE HAVE AN ENEMY AT OUR DOOR!! ITS THE LIBERIAL IDIOTS(DEMMYCRAPS!) AND THE SOCIALISTIC/COMMIE AGENDA THAT OBAMA,BIDEN,AND FIENSTEIN WANT TO DRIVE DOWN OUR THROATS!! THE THREAT IS DOMESTIC AND THEY NEED TO BE FOUGHT TOOTH AND NAIL!! ALL OF THOSE WHO SWORE TO DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION...YOU "CAN NOT" BE A TRUE CITIZENOF THIS NATION OR FELLOW OFFICER IF YOU VOTED FOR THEIR TRAITOROUS AGENDA!

fedtrainer @ 1/28/2013 6:07 PM

I do see he asks the chiefs of police, NOT the people out there every day. I am sure the politicians will support it, those of us who care about the country cannot.

Wally @ 1/28/2013 6:10 PM

Just gotta say one thing Mr. President. Good luck in getting law enforcement to enforce any new gun legislation. If you think Im going to attempt to take my buddies (law abiding citizens) guns away from them; you are surely mistaken. I see that you got the police chiefs from the towns where these shootings took place. Not too biased at all...

Tom Ret @ 1/28/2013 6:12 PM

Bill2az-You state that no one needs a 30 shot magazine. How about being limited to 5 which New York had pondered before settling on 7? If you want to defend yourself and your family with 5 rounds then knock yourself out. I prefer to have enough firepower to effectively counter armed thugs who commonly don't obey gun laws and can have any weapon and capacity magazines they can get their hands on.

KsK9officer @ 1/28/2013 6:12 PM

To all those officers who think that NOT using 30rd mags is acceptable. You live in one of those peoples republic of social communism, pull your head out of your demmycrap backwards ideal bosses butt!!

Those of us who have to provide our own weapons for duty, let me and my ELECTED sheriff decide what we as NORMAL CITIZENS of The United States who enforce and live by the Constitution, which ALLOWS me to do so! And by the way, I served in Desert Sheild/Storm and Iraq 2003-5, we ALL thought there all the 30rd mags were needed. I am a reponse team member, my AR mags and M1A Springfield mag ready to use in my patrol truck, remember these mags are MINE!! I BOUGHT THEM!! To quote Charlton Heston, I will give them up, when you pry it from my dead cold fingers, after I have at the emptied them at the oncoming threat!

RB Hooks, Jr. (82 1-31-13 @ 1/28/2013 6:12 PM

Past and present Members of Congress are responsible for the movement to a Dictator form of Government. Stop your cussing and criticizing the former statement. Like it or not the constitution for the federal government has no responsibility or orders to enter the responsibilities of the States Period. The purpose of this movement is the heart and soul of the present president to become the American CZAR. Jesus Christ told his dissciples "the poor you will have them with you always" The more you help the more they shall be. The Electoral College is rejoicing. Cut their throats also and let only one vote to represent the majority of a State and the President shall be elected by the States.

William322 @ 1/28/2013 6:28 PM

Mr. President, With all due respect I say not just no but Hell No to your request.

Donut_plz @ 1/28/2013 6:29 PM

Bill, Stats are all fine and dandy until you roll up with your 10rd rifle mag and are now engaging multiple targets with 30rd mags.

Stats arent going to let you know when you meet a LA style shootout or even the one that happened in my city a few years back. (After LA shootout we wanted rifles and chief said no, then we had same thing happen and BAM! they appeared).

Just because the 30rd might get banned or you think it should doesnt mean they will stopped being used.

SWAT are the only folks who need them? Really? Are you really a Police Officer? Do you know what active shooter training is all about? The Patrol officer doesnt wait for SWAT anymore. Patrol officers are equipped as well as SWAT officers these days.

Bug out bags, do you have one? Mine has multi mags for pistol and rifle among other items. My back up gun is compatible with my primary gun so mags are interchangeable in the event the prim goes down.

The last thing I want to do is show up without enough ammo.

Magazine capacity limits will not make mags over a 10rd capacity disappear.

To the actual topic, watch the IACP, I bet they are one of the biggest supporters.....They may be chiefs but they are also politicians and dont care what the rest of the folks they represent want.

Tony @ 1/28/2013 6:30 PM

Some people have alot of nerve to ask us for our help in passing their gun legislation....I DON'T THINK SO!!!!

DEADMAN @ 1/28/2013 6:35 PM

Most police chiefs are police in name only,they haven't been on the street in years and would be lost in a firefight,maybe even a liability.The chiefs he picked are being used as political tols,for the medias sake and the civilians to ooh and awe over but should be disregarded as knowledgable in the facts of what is taking place,people to be used and abused at stump speeches.
I'm a retired police officer,i am a gun collector,i am a shooter,i go out and shoot..I load my 10-20-30 round magazines at home in the confines of my nice warm dry house,put my shooters vest/jacket on,fill the pockets with the magazines,put my weapons in the trunk and take the boys to the range.I then proceed to show the boys how to shoot in warm,cold,wet/dry ,beautiful or inclement weather and when the magazines are all empty,i police my brass,put my equipment in the trunk,go home and show the boys how to clean and maintain all of the equipment.I enjoy shooting and i enjoy being able to show the boys the proper ways to use firearms utilizing safety as being mandatory.Say bill2az,do you really think i want to stand in the rain and expose my weapons,ammo and other equipment to the elements,i take care f my equipment.I'll bet you don't go to the range enough unless ordered and the range officer probably cleans your gun,you don't need a 20-30-- round magazine because you don't want to be proficient in your skill,you probably can't even spell good.
The people responsible for the current situations are the lawyers,judges,and chiefs,they should support the men in blue but try to hang them at the first outcry,they should train them with better job skills but buy useless toys they learn to rely on,and the chiefs kiss somebodys ring or a$$ to keep their jobs,they sell their souls and lose their integrity.Any man that caters to obama is a useless piece of flesh if he wears a uniform.There are 20,000 laws regarding weapons in These United States,it is time to enforce them.

Range17 @ 1/28/2013 6:49 PM

Bill2az is harping on "don't need 30 round mags". Makes me wonder if Bill2az is sworn, and would he be satisfied with a single shot? There is no way to know how many rounds are needed to end a fight, until the fight is over.

Donut_plz @ 1/28/2013 6:51 PM

What to strengthen back ground checks?

Add ANY mental health arrest to NCIC criminal history. One arrest/detainment means no gun ever........

My dept picks up 6-8 a day from local hospitals. Thats just what I hear during my tour of duty. I know they dont stop when I go home.

Bob@Az. @ 1/28/2013 6:58 PM

bill2az: Really? I'd sure like to know what Dept your alledgely with. I have serious doubts as to your being in LE. And I'd sure like to know where you got your "stats" as any cement ponder will tell you it's rare to have two LEOs fire only 4.98 on a scene. Must be watching TJ Hooker reruns. Blues, stay safe.

Lt. Robert Tester @ 1/28/2013 7:08 PM

My oath was to the Constitution of the United States. I will defend it to the death!

BadKarma525 @ 1/28/2013 7:14 PM

I am currently employed in the Private Security sector but have had Law Enforcement training. As long as the bad guys can get their hands on automatic weapons and high capacity magazines, police officers as well as citizens should be able to get their hands on what they can to adequately counter any threat presented to them.

If two guys in full body armor decide to spit 100s of rounds at police officers with AK variants, the police should be able to fight back with equal firepower. Every patrol officer in the United States should have at least some type of semi-automatic or automatic rifle in their patrol car.

If a group of armed gangbangers packing an assortment of weapons should ever storm into a house, the residents should have the means to defend themselves. I own a Mossberg 590 and an M&P-15 as well as plenty of 20 and 30rd magazines for it. Both weapons I restrict to home defense. I want to be able to defend myself and my family from whatever threat presents itself.

Citizens and Police officers face the same threats, although police officers face them on a more regular basis, and should have the equipment and gear necessary to combat those threats.

This crap Obama is pulling is UNCONSTITUTIONAL and some may say even TREASON.

Evan G. Elko @ 1/28/2013 7:41 PM

At one time I was asked to take an Oath And Swear to Up Hold the Constitution, being a member of the USN (Viet Nam- Era Vet)., Also the holder of a"Police Commissioned Special officer LAPD, Private Patrol Officer(City of LA.CA). (Ret). I believe in the Constitution of the USA and what it stands for. And if you really say you are an American, you should stand up FOR IT and let your Respected Leaders know how you feel and you ideas of what can be can be achieved.

Sgt. Mike @ 1/28/2013 7:49 PM

I'll start flipping burgers before I infringe on anyone's second amendment rights. We swore to defend the constitution for enemies foreign or domestic, not decide later when we liked and what we didn't. And there is not clause that allows government officials to band together to make that choice for the people.

The president is out of line....way out.

Dano Moore @ 1/28/2013 7:51 PM

In the immortal words of Rick James "Fuck Yo Couch," Mr. President. What part of "shall not be infringed upon," in the second amendment do they not understand.

Steve @ 1/28/2013 7:53 PM

He’ll always find bureaucratic politicians with badges to spew his tyrannical rhetoric. But real cops are also citizens that honor the Constitution and will not stand for this assault on law abiding citizens while the focus on the true threats to society are ignored. https://www.facebook.com/LawEnforcementForThe2ndAmendment?ref=hl

Eddy @ 1/28/2013 8:03 PM

I live in a small town that has very little crime, so I don't have a gun. But I think disarming the American people is a terrible idea. I do feel safer knowing that many of my neighbors have weapons and will protect the community if needed. But I don't understand what a gun is going to do against a drone attack?

Martin @ 1/28/2013 8:24 PM

Bill2az I respectfully disagree that the non-law enforcement person should be limited to some minimal magazine size while specialized units---several people working together---should have large capacity magazines. When attacked, the non-law enforcement person is usually alone and often outnumbered while the police---if the victim can make it to a phone to call for help---are at least a few minutes away. It doesn't seem logical or fair that you would set some arbitrary number of rounds they should have available with to defend themselves and their loved ones. Isn't their life as important as that of a SWAT officer or yours?

Bill2az @ 1/28/2013 8:27 PM

Bob@az,

Check PoliceOne.com, August 10, 2005 for the stats, that is where I found them. And sorry you question my service to my community, I have over 28 years in LE.

Ron @ 1/28/2013 8:51 PM

Most police chiefs are politicians first and cops later. Most Police departments recieve federal grants and money. There would probably be quite a few of them that would sell out the constitution and support any gun control measures that the feds want to push. Rank and file officers dont want these laws passed because they would be the people who would be doing the dirty work in future confiscations.

Everett Mann @ 1/28/2013 9:09 PM

Cops, you need to choose: honor your oath or....

dan @ 1/28/2013 9:31 PM

It is time for sane people to step up and stop any political abuse of the 2 nd amendment..If LE and others that are in the forefront of fire arms do not change the direction of this conversation..and sooner rather then later...the blood of many will be on your hands...Liberty is at stake and it will be defended nation wide...there is no compromise on liberty and freedom..NONE

Eliyah @ 1/28/2013 10:08 PM

Peace officers, I beg you to stand with your fellow law abiding citizens and the Constitution you ALL swore to uphold. We are all in this together. Believe me, when I tell you, that you freedoms are at stake as well.

Doc @ 1/28/2013 10:13 PM

We need TERM LIMITS for the Congress & Senate, as they get too powerful, when they stay in office. Who really NEEDS to be in public office for LIFE?

Bill, You can have what you like, and I'll continue to carry magazines that hold as many rounds as I can get.
As a firearms instructor, I Always advise officers to keep some of the Extra capacity magazines, such as the Glock factory 22 round mags in .40, and the 33 round 9mm mags. These magazines are good to have and go right into the gun, if needed and go home, if not needed. The 1994 Clinton Gun & Magazine ban did Not reduce Violent Crime, and gun control has Failed, just as the "gun free zones" have failed.
I have told officers that I don't want to see anyone with reduced capacity Mags on the street, and if they have them that they can only be used at the range. I want every officer to have Every advantage they can get, and while I don't yell and scream at them and never will, I want to see them WIN any gunfight and will tell them that they can cheat to win.
I have seen too many officers that I knew and worked with, that got killed by violent criminals.
The general public support us, and we need to support them, not obama and anyone else that acts like hitler.
First they want bans, then limits, then more and confiscation....... and millions have been executed after they were disarmed.
Lets REGISTER All Violent Criminals, just like sex offenders, and put that info on I.D. cards and D/L's
Obama and his people are wanting to violate our Civil Rights, we have to protect the public.

Phil @ 1/28/2013 10:17 PM

I'm not a police officer, but am a veteran. One thing that all police and sheriffs in this country should know is that there are millions of law abiding citizens in this country that appreciate the fact that you are sticking with your oaths to defend the Constitution as did all veterans. And if the crap ever hits the fan and push comes to sholve we will be right there with you shoulder to shoulder, because this is our fight too. I would rather die fighting to defend the Constitution and my rights and liberties than live the rest of my life in fear and shame. I will not surrender my firearms. God bless you gentlemen and your families.

Doc @ 1/28/2013 10:19 PM

They are also trying to add more taxes, as in $200 per gun to keep a gun that gets labeled as a clss 3 weapon, due to gun control.

They want private transfers to come with a background check, in order to make you pay a dealer to do the transfer and make you Pay more. They want you to have to do this even when giving a gun to a family member, such as between Father & Son.
The background checks will Never be done without cost, and Feinstein carries a gun, while she wants gun control for us.

K@Alaska @ 1/28/2013 10:28 PM

~ from Alaska, I'm just a Mom. I recently wrote a letter to the Chief of Police in North Pole Alaska, pleading with him to uphold our 2nd Amendment rights. I have to say I sincerely hope that the police of this nation will stand up just like many of you have commented here. I will not relenquish my American-born right to bear arms because someone "feels" I need to do it to "protect the children". After all, wasn't it Hitler who said that if you can convince the masses they are doing something "for the children" you can get them to do "anything"? Are our children now running this country? If I let the whims of my children run my household we would be bankrupt in a second. I am choosing to protect my kids by homeschooling, since there are no armed gaurds in THEIR school. I applaud the comments of the brave law enforcers who will stand and fight for the pillars that this country are founded on. My hat is off to you.

Ricky Ross @ 1/28/2013 11:13 PM

It is great to see that several cops on this page will stand with the Constitution. With that said, what about all of the cops who violate their Oath daily? If they are already violating it now, then I believe it is not a far stretch for them to do it in the name of "law". What cops do you say I am referring to? The corrupt cops that you will find across America every single day...and sadly, it's not just a "few bad apples" anymore...

WWW.INJUSTICEEVERYWHERE.COM

WWW.POLICETHUGS.COM

WWW.POLICECRIMES.COM

WWW.COPBLOCK.ORG

When it comes right down to it and it is the difference of losing their job, pension, benefits etc...I really think that more than 50% will..."follow orders". I hope I am wrong, but I do not believe that I am.

Brenda V. @ 1/28/2013 11:20 PM

Hello everyone,
I am not a police officer, but I am a veteran. I took the same oath as all of you did. I still stand by that oath. Last month, my son was walking to return some library books that my daughter had checked out. This black guy approach him from behind and made it clear that he had a gun. He took my son's wallet, PSP, and his Net Book. Obama thinks that if he gets these police chief and these sheriff behind him that they will take our guns. I do not have a gun but I believe in the second amendment. For someone who knows the constitution, it seems like to me that either he missed that class, when they talked about the constitution or he decided to ignore it. I do not trust this man. One thing that I do know is that. Trust is earned not given away. Murder is against the law, but people still murder, that will never change. Robbery is against the law, but people still rob. We should never be blamed for what evil people do. I have a lot of respect for you guys. I live here in Louisville, KY and the police department has some great people. This president is not your friend. Please do not be fooled by this man.

Ricky Ross @ 1/28/2013 11:28 PM

Bill2az...you ask why do citizens need 30 round magazines? Because, the 2nd Amendment is about me protecting me and my family from TYRANTS! And, who might those TYRANTS be? Police & military...yes, that is right, they are the ones that history says carries out the TYRANNY at the street level for the Emperor. The 2nd Amendment is not in the Constitution for me to protect me and my family from a home invasion...that is simply a "by product" of the 2nd Amendment! It is in the Constitution so that we, the people, can protect ourselves from TYRANNY! So, if the police and military have 30 round magazines, we the people, should be able to have them too! Contrary to what many LEO's think...Your life is not of more valuable than a private citizens life and you are not "more" special than I am!

Jeff @ 1/28/2013 11:36 PM

Ok let's get real. How many of us have actually arrested murder perp with his own legally purchased gun. Answer NONE

Thugs don care! Theft straw purchase whatever they break the law to get guns because the are killers and criminals.

Detective Sergeant Jeff Hochman
New Orleans police (retired)

stan @ 1/28/2013 11:37 PM

I have been a police officer for over 24 years, The problems is not the guns. The problem is with the current laws. Need to enforce the current laws first. Also, I think they should like anyone wanting to purchase a firearm to like that with mental health check too.

Jeff @ 1/28/2013 11:38 PM

Does Obama really think he can stop murder with another dumb law

Morning Eagle @ 1/28/2013 11:38 PM

There is no one-size-fits-all solution to our situation but the proposed massive bans on semi-auto firearms and high capacity magazines will not do the trick. They didn’t under Clinton in 1994 and they won’t now. Remember “…shall not be infringed.” The Founding Fathers meant exactly what they said. It is going to be up to LEO's, Veterans, and good citizens to resist to our utmost any further infringements on the Second Amendment. Personally, if that means my life then so be it. Our right to bear arms truly is the right that guarantees all the others from being taken from us, especially by domestic enemies and that is clearly what we are now faced with.
@ Doc, you are right on and as a former certified Police Combat Firearms Instructor my training philosophy was very similar.
Thirty round magazines: If someone does not see a need to have them they don't have to but should not try to impose restrictions on those of us who do understand the potential need because we have been there or know some that have. The bad guys have them and certainly will not turn them in even if some government edict says they must. They should not be denied to the good guys whether or not they are in law enforcement. Bad things can and do happen anytime or anywhere that can only be stopped by those that are prepared and equipped to do so.

Mark @ 1/29/2013 12:54 AM

I am a Veteran and took a oath to protect our Country from Treason,and many vets feel the same way Obama and the others in His ADM need to be tried for Treason and being Traitors.

Brent @ 1/29/2013 2:48 AM

He knows exactly the end game results of disarming the public, the law abiding..that is why he is doing it. This, amongst other things, should be the topic of conversation! Implimenting laws to create intense division was the agenda from the begining! He's only getting warmed up.

leobitterclinger @ 1/29/2013 3:10 AM

i will not violate my oath, i will not obey illegal orders, i will not give up my guns

DEADMAN @ 1/29/2013 3:42 AM

bill2az,you quote stats from police magazine aug,2005,that's 7 years ago,time evolves,life evolves,police work evolves,the twenty-one foot rule is now 50 feet,seven years ago alot of dept.,still had revolvers.The job grows,evolves,and so must you,go back on the road,quit sitting on your keester,criminals get guns from homes the burglarize,businesses,they steal them from unsecured police cars and FBI cars,stop thinking likea politically motivated chief who has to maintain a mind-set so he doesn't puke when he kisses the politicians ring.Grow a pair,this is your country we are talking about.This is your Constitution,your 2nd Amendment,stand up and be counted or go back to reading reports and shuffling paperclips.

Tony @ 1/29/2013 3:43 AM

The LEOs out there that know what this is all about "we respect and support you".

Michael @ 1/29/2013 4:12 AM

Mr. Obama(I refuse to call him President) it would serve you well to read the U.S. Constitution. As a "community activist" or socialist, or whatever you may consider yourself, you may not be familiar with this document. You do seem to like to ignore it quite often. Police officers take an oath, as do you I might add, to uphold and protect the Constitution. We will NOT support you or your ill conceived ban. "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed...." History shows us that only weak, frightened tyrants try to disarm law abiding citizens.

D J @ 1/29/2013 4:50 AM

SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON'T GET OUT AND VOTE!!!

Scott @ 1/29/2013 4:53 AM

I am a police officer with more than 35 years police experience. The problem isn't guns. In my experience, people have be come more violent over the years. I agree with LT. COL. DAVE GROSSMAN, people have become more violent because of the violence in movies and the killing video games. Obama needs to focus on Hollywood and the Video game industry. The courts & prosecutors need to make better use of the laws we already have. My experience is prosecutors plea bargain away too many good cases, so that they claim a higher conviction rate to the community. I don't believe the stats the government feeds us. People are more violent today then they were in the 60's because of the media, not because of guns.

LEOVET @ 1/29/2013 5:13 AM

I am a veteran and a law enforcement officer and I disagree with most of the comments here because of how it's presented. Police officers should represent their agencies and public better than this. I am embarrassed by some of the comments made here. Support your personnal agendas, your president, and your profession through intelligent discussion about the facts. I'm not saying that you are wrong. I'm saying that as experts in crime and justice we should have something more intelligent to say. The public expects that from us. Most of this discussion makes us all sound like a bunch of ignorant gun toting hillbillies. Get smart on the facts guys. Research and read, just don't repeat what you heard on FOX News.

coldcanuck @ 1/29/2013 5:26 AM

facts!!!! how about lowest crime rates are where more guns are!!!!!!
FACT.... about 5000 US citizens use guns every day to stop crime
there are so many more
The view from informed Canadians is if you allow this Marxist faux POS POTUS to start taking guns,,,,,CIVIL WAR ending with a half black man hung from the gallows
Just sayin

TB @ 1/29/2013 5:27 AM

I am glad to see that so many LEOs share a common goal with most the people we serve. Many of the comments I've read here are right on target. The right to keep and bear arms has little to do with hunting, target shooting or home defense. It is to prevent the over-reach of the goverment. The informed voter carrys a lot of weight. However, it is obvious that an unarmed mass of citizens has little defense against such tyranny. The right to be an armed citizen keeps this in check. Every state has a national guard (regulated militia). However, who do thing supplies our state national guard? If you said the federal government, you're right. What happens if the federal government withdraws support of our national guardsmen? History has demonstrated many times that gun control and strict firearms limitations does nothing to stop crime. We must remember that if we give these folks an inch, they take a mile. Banning "scary looking rifles" and high cap mags could be a spring board to the next step. If a federal law is ever enacted which requires the collection of firearms, it will not be federal agents enforcing it. It will be handed over to local LEOs. I for one will not do it. I would be willing to give up a 20 year career for what I know is true right and just. I once read an article that stated "if it is predictable, it is preventable". It is time for us to stand up for what is true, right and just. Remember your vote counts. Be safe out there.

AikidoJohn @ 1/29/2013 5:33 AM

I wouldn't help Obama cross a street.... Wait a minute, on second thought...

Mike @ 1/29/2013 5:34 AM

I am heartened by the response of so many LOE here. I am not associated with LE, I'm a citizen. I do have a question. Why has no one issued an arrest warrant for B. Obama, Holder, Napolitano, and others passing what are clearly unconstitutional bills. Why has the SS not upheld their oath of office and arrested BHO for crimes they must have witnessed.
I too will not surrender to those who violate their oath. It is a day I never thought I'd see.

J @ 1/29/2013 5:35 AM

Not a chance. Police Officers vote no!

john @ 1/29/2013 5:35 AM

What a joke. Obama is a clown. I believe we've seen the best days of this country folks.

Robert @ 1/29/2013 6:21 AM

Take your gun control and shove it!!! Americans need to ne protected. Also, everyone remember, Obamacare will give goverment access to your medical records and one question the doctors will be required to ask you is "do you own a gun" and then try to smooth you over with some safety questions. This is so the goverment will know who owns guns!!! Be aware folks.

William Cole @ 1/29/2013 6:30 AM

obama is nuts or an enemy of this country. The only thing I want to hear about him is that he has been impeached for all the laws he has broken.

James @ 1/29/2013 6:31 AM

After reading all of these comments from Constitution loving cops , my respect level for Police officers has just gone up tremendously along with my hope. Thank you and please never back down!

Tom @ 1/29/2013 6:40 AM

Quotes from Plato:

Democracy passes into despotism.

The people have always some champion whom they set over them and nurse into greatness. ...This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears he is a protector.

When the tyrant has disposed of foreign enemies by conquest or treaty, and there is nothing to fear from them, then he is always stirring up some war or other, in order that the people may require a leader.

*Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.*

Chief Dave @ 1/29/2013 6:53 AM

Does anyone know where I can get a 50 rd Mag for my AR?

Joe @ 1/29/2013 6:55 AM

I think this is a great start and I support the Pres 100%

countryboy @ 1/29/2013 6:56 AM

Since I may sworn to uphold the Constitution, and have graduated college so I know why each Amendment in the Bill of Rights was created. I choose to stand with the people against this gutting of the Constitution. Without the Second Amendment the others will easily fall. Sorry Mr. Obama, though I respect the Office of the President, I do not respect you and decline your request.

former jarhead @ 1/29/2013 6:56 AM

I've read where some think law enforcement will carry out unlawful orders due to saving their pensions, may I give some food for thought, if those that attempt an unconstitutional order such as this, a civil war will break out and life as we know it will never again exist, martial law will be forever enacted and the constitution will be forever gone, so at that point your precious pension won't amount to a hill of beans when all that are leave from the the war will be slaves. So to all those God fearing patriots out there that see what the real evil agenda is and will stand to the last breath, I salute you, and an proud you are a fellow brother of the republic or our precious stars and stripes, they want my guns, bullets first!!!

Russ H @ 1/29/2013 6:59 AM

@ Bill@az it is not the issue of 30 round mag or not. The issue is if we allow the President to take our 30 round mag what is he going to come for next? The 2nd Amendment was put in place to protect citizens of the U.S. from government. We don't need new laws we as police officers need the power to enforce the laws on the books now, including immigration.

ChiefP @ 1/29/2013 7:02 AM

Well with the SF Chief stating that he supports the complete and total disarming of America and with Obama's plan he sees that happening within a generation it is no wonder we have stories like this. I would ask all Chiefs/Sheriffs as a Chief of Police to take a hard stand for the people you serve and stop trying to destroy America. This is getting completely out of hand.

Just remember that you as a police officer respond 95% of the time to a crime in progress or after the fact, disarming your citizens means they become statistics. If you need a Glock for the area you patrol they need a glock, if you need an Ar they need an Ar and you should be reaching out to the law abiding citizens in your community to help train them better.

It is call community policing 101.

Harry @ 1/29/2013 7:10 AM

I assess Obama's scheme through forty (40) years of law enforcement and it reeks of the slippery slope. Try a vigorous and merciless enforcement of current gun laws. We arrest hundreds of felons with firearms and the gun charge is the first one to be plea-bargained away.

Sgt. Dale @ 1/29/2013 7:18 AM

I took an OATH 27 years ago, and by God Almight I will uphold that OATH.! Berry can go pound sand. I will NOT stand by his gun grabbing, commi plan to disarm the American public.
As a Police Officer I will stand by the folk that I Serve and Protect, and I will let them know when and where the gun grab is coming from, for as long as I can. I will do everything I can to hinder them and if need be fight them. I just hope it doesn't come to fight my brothers in blue. I will on the other hand do my best, as my Fore Fathers did to fight and kill as many invaders wearing Blue Helmets (U.N.) as I can. Damn it this is my COUNTRY! IT IS TIME FOR ALL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER TO SAY HELL NO!
To my brothers in Law Enforcement remember that the public knows who you are and knows your families. Think about them. This could get really UGLY for you and yours. You shoot or hall off some ones family, they will get back at you some way some how! I PRAY TO THE ALMIGHTY GOD THAT IT DOESN'T COME TO THIS!!! GOD SAVE AMERICA!!!
As for Asault rifles there is no such thing. AR's are just and other rifle. The bolt action rifle was a militay rifle first before it became a commercial rifle. New designs mean nothing. High cap mags are taken away just means that bad guy is going to get more low cap mags to take with him/her. What we need is taller trees and shorter rope.
Something to think about If you take God out of the country (School, off the coins, ECT.) that means there is no God. That means no Rights, because the Rights are given to us by God. That is why they are trying to take God out of everything!!! (Just at thought)

William Cole @ 1/29/2013 7:21 AM

obama is an idiot, he needs to resign

ChiefP @ 1/29/2013 7:27 AM

@ Bill@az,

As a Chief of Police and veteran law enforcement officer and US Army veteran I would love to explain the fallacy of your way of thinking and I am not trying to be rude but will first from a LE stance explain why having more rounds without the need to reload is a great idea as well as why it is great to allow citizens to have them.

Your way of thinking is like saying because a cop might not need to travel over the posted speed limit often to run traffic they should govern their vehicles to not be able to travel over the posted speed limits. Or because police aren’t shot in the line of duty a bullet resistant vest should not be a priority. Or by your own way of thinking since there are, by statistics not many rounds fired in gun fights why should officers be allowed to carry 15round Glocks 22s or 17round Glock 17s. That is the exact same thought process you are spewing here.

Having these advantages at your fingertips is a VERY desirable thing, not a bad thing. Being able to have a phone or radio in one hand and a weapon in the other that is not going to run dry causing you to have to stop communications with your back up or police to reload is a force multiplier in the favor of the good not the bad. Having it and never needing it should be the dream of every police officer or citizen in terms of personal defense but not having it and needing it is what you are talking about and that could be a nightmare.

In your world you would never be attacked by someone that outguns you, more than one person and they will always stand still while you take careful aim to win the fight. That is your own world and not the one everyone else in America currently lives in.

James Bullock @ 1/29/2013 7:34 AM

You notice that they say Obama ask select chiefs to help him in his fight for more gun control. He certainly did not ask us all because he knows that the majority of Police Chiefs across this nation along with most Sheriffs are against any further gun control. Citizens have the right to protect themselves!!!

Jay @ 1/29/2013 8:23 AM

Psychology is being used to disarm America. Remember, Maslow, Pavlov, etc. are Russian names, not American. The Russians were experimenting on political prisoners with psych drugs in torture camps and calling it psychology long before it came to American education. If you advocate the second amendment or suspect government tyranny, you will be declared psychologically unfit.

mark haskins @ 1/29/2013 8:31 AM

Where was this Administration's concern with so-called assault weapons when they allowed thousands of weapons to be sold to the Mexican cartels and a U.S. Border Patrol Agent was killed?

Dan Cooper @ 1/29/2013 8:45 AM

I am a police officer. I took an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States of America. I did not take an oath to defend Mr. Obama's communist political agenda. I respect the office of the President of the United States but I do not respect Mr. Obama. I read that Mr. Obama elisted select Law Enforcement personnel to help keep the pressure on Congress regarding the Gun Ban. I believe that there may be some police officers such as Obama's select few that have a political agenda regarding the Gun Ban but I believe that the majority of police officers including myself will stand with the citizenry of our country and protect our 2nd Amendmant Rights when the time comes.

Bill @ 1/29/2013 9:14 AM

I am retired police officer (29y9mo).Department D.T. and firearms instructor.17 years on S.W.A.T.
In all my experience I never had to fear a citizen in legal possession of a firearm. Gun control does not work.

Greg Allen @ 1/29/2013 9:35 AM

As Chief of the El Paso Police Dept., I am emphatically against further restrictive laws which only impact law abiding citizens. As I
stated during the Major Cities Chief conference in San Diego,
you cannot legislate for the randomness of the mentally ill.

highrite @ 1/29/2013 9:50 AM

Why isn't Pres. Obama meeting with Sheriff's and other LEO's that disagree with him and urge the Senate to have consensus then publize that??? I might respect his efforts and approach somewhat if he at least did that. He won't though, because its politics and it disagrees with him, and efforts to reduce gun sales which reduces the NRA and the likes from having $ for political purposes. Do the math.

oldcop @ 1/29/2013 9:56 AM

I just hope we are not blinded and think the Dems are the only ones after the guns. I seem to remember Reagan coming out of the closet for gun control after he no longer had to worry about running for office. I think they all want submissive citizens that will allow them to do exactly as they please.

Butch @ 1/29/2013 10:02 AM

Obama how about trying the laws already on the books? Reinstate the death penalty. Don't blame me and other law abiding citizens for a nut case. the states and the US Goverment are to blame not the guns, or owners of guns. How many times has the budget been slashed for mental health treatment? Lets help high risk subjects before they go off.

Butch @ 1/29/2013 10:29 AM

levet: gun toting hillbilly? your a ass, I started hunting with my dad at the age of 9 I took the required gun safety course. I was again qualified and schooled in the use of weapons in the US Army, and Mandatory Firearms Training for law enforcement. Protecting ones' right to keep and bear arms without infringement is a constitutional right free from threats and intimidation.

shield20 @ 1/29/2013 10:44 AM

As a Police Officer, I'm opposed. We have plenty of existing laws on the books now that are not being enforced. They aren't enforced because many municipal Police departments aren't authorized to enforce some of them. The ATF is seriously understaffed and can't get to many of them. I'll agree with the President that we need to hire more Officers, that's about it. Let's enforce what we have, get more cops on the street, in and around our schools and working on prosecuting violators of the existing laws. Restrictions such as the ones he's pushing do not strike fear in criminals. They'll still have guns, they'll still get guns. Until we make "soft targets" safe and have people in place to provide protection, they'll continue to be targeted. Mr. President, "Select Few Law Enforcement Officers"? Why not speak with many? From all different areas, all different backgrounds as opposed to just those that will support your agenda? You don't have my support. I've been to enough shootings and homicides in a 25 + year career to have learned a few things that you have never experienced Mr. President. 1. Bad guys don't care about your laws. 2. Bad guys adapt to change and continue to be bad guys, they only change their methods. 3. The only way to stop a bad guy is to lock him up for a very long time or to attend his autopsy. Mr. President, until you have worked the street, responded to these incidents, dealt with humanity at it's worst, don't assume you "know" what's best for us. Have you not been listening? We don't want your change...

Mike @ 1/29/2013 10:57 AM

Why do we make a law that will only impact those who follow the laws of this country. Police Officers can not search a vehicle unless the suspect is unhandcuffed and within arms reach of a vehicle unless the officer is searching for the fruits of a known violation of law, unless a court order is in hand, or the car is to be impounded for public safety or for protection of the arrested subject's property and an inventory is departmental policy. Hell, at every turn, with gun violence cases, ways are being found to drop charges for a lack of victims or witnesses, as going on pure evidence proves to be too difficult to prove to a jury. Police and the courts need to be empowered to ensure prosecution in gun violence cases. There are multiple laws concerning violent crime, whether a brick or a firearm be the weapon of choice. How about putting some bite into the criminal justice system, because now it appears to be the minimal justice system, where only the accused have any rights or recourse. Empowerment is the answer, not more laws.

ARIZONA @ 1/29/2013 11:12 AM

EVERYONE IN LAW ENFORCEMENT took an OATH to abid by the CONSTITUTION,AND ENFORCE IT-RIGHT? well I'am still wondering why you don't,WE have TRAITORS running loose everywhere in government and even thou you took and OATH,you HAVE NEVER arrested any of these traitors "WHY",you cry about enforceing the laws on the books"which most violate the constitution and your happy to enforce them,ITS PASS TIME to start enforceing your OATH,OR are you waiting for a war to start,of which you are the main cause of,IF the people try to arrest these traitors,YOUR RIGHT THERE TO PROTECT THEM,this had better change soon,cause if it don't ,your going to see the very people you swore to protect americans from, start a war,ITS HIGH TIME FOR LEO's TO ARREST THESE TRAITORS,or your going to see a bloodbath beyond your wildest imagination..........DO YOUR DUTY AND START ABIDING BY YOUR OATH ,AND ARREST THESE CRIMINALS DESTROYING AMERICA,BEFORE ITS TO LATE..............

Chief Dave @ 1/29/2013 11:17 AM

The Constitution was and is in place to protect "We the People" from the Government. I still haven't received a response on my search for my 50 rd. mag for the AR. I can Probably get one from China

ARIZONA @ 1/29/2013 11:42 AM

A LOT OF PEOPLE really hate me,I get on their ass about the up coming war in america,BUT their all fat and happy,thats going to change soon,thanks to the people who swore and OATH,and lied to get their job,they are going to be wishing they had soon,they should have arrested the traitors running everything,BUT no they got their ass kissed instead,NOW YOUR KIDS ARE SICK from poison vaccines,chemtrails in the sky,and poison in the food,and when anyone complained you chased them off,and always took the side of traitors and killers in DHS,FBI,CIA,NSA and a hundred others,guess what,NOW you have undercover russian agents in your police station!!!guess what there going to do when the war starts............

ARIZONA @ 1/29/2013 11:44 AM

OH hey READ THE DICK ACT OF 1902,it might open your eyes...........

DocC @ 1/29/2013 11:45 AM

I am from El Paso, TX and read in the comments above what our Chief of Police, Greg Allen, had to say about Obama's foolish attempts to contain random violence. I am proud to say he is my Chief although I am now 76 and my active career in law enforcement is over, I hold a Concealed Handgun license and I do not support the President's efforts in this action. However well intentioned he might be, his proposed solutions have beeen tried over and over. They only place restrictions on law abiding people. Bad people will find a way. Believe it. All we can do is stand up to this needless and feeble attempt to curtail events we all desire to see come to an end. Lastly, as a former peace officer, we can't always get there in time. We do our best, but any person should be in a position to defend themselves and their loved ones. Chief Allen, I back you 100%!!

ChiefP @ 1/29/2013 12:05 PM

@ Chief Dave, sorry I might have missed your question. If you are looking for high quality 50 or 100 round magazines for an AR rilfe check with Surefire. I have not tried them but they build some of the best equipment on the planet for military and law enforcement. I have heard great things about those magazines. They are a box magazine like a 30rd but wider after the magazine well.

Jim A @ 1/29/2013 12:34 PM

In an informal poll, 85% of law enforcement officers realize that "gun control / bans" do not have any effect on violent crime. Obama freely uses the First Amendment, but does not want others to use the Second Amendment. Hmmm. I wonder why people have called him a Socialist. (No, really, I don't wonder. I know.) Blame people, not guns. Prosecute PEOPLE, not guns. We do not blame GM or Ford when a person deliberately drives a car into a crowd. We blame the driver!! Liberalism is killing this country.

Jim @ 1/29/2013 12:43 PM

I respect all LEO's that SAY NO to Unconstitutional Gun Grabs. This line in the sand will be a great way to earn the respect of your townsfolk, which frankly has been declining lately.

Brandon @ 1/29/2013 1:20 PM

First Obama wants to take your guns or make you register them, and now DHS is purchasing a billion hollow tip rounds and 7000 full auto AR15's. Then these "multi-agency" urban trainings in Texas, Florida, and California?

CIVIL WAR IS COMING AND THEY ARE PREPARING!!

TMF @ 1/29/2013 1:26 PM

Thank goodness we're all joined in solidarity..well except for Bill2az (sorry bro you're wrong). That p.o.s. Obama aims to distroy America..he's well on his way. He wants to disarm, he's wrecked the economy, going to weaken military. Obama the media and crazy libs are distroying America

Keith @ 1/29/2013 1:28 PM

He talks to Chiefs and Sheriffs, who don't deal with this every day, he should be talking to the line officers, but then again that would not fit into his agenda since the majority of the line officers are working class people, not politicians like chiefs and sheriffs are...

Orville @ 1/29/2013 1:38 PM

I have been in law enforcement for years and the conversation the sheriff and deputies have had are we all swore an oath and we will uphold the oath. We will not comply with any unconstitutional orders. We will stand beside the citizens of this county and country.The citizens of our county need to be able to protect themselves as we are usually 20 minutes away when something happens. We are a large county and a small staff. Heard a statement one day "Give a politition an inch and he becomes a ruler." We need to all stand together or our country will be gone.

MadVoterInMN @ 1/29/2013 1:38 PM

I was military police, Gulf War 1. Been a civilian for 20 years, and haven't held a weapon since active duty...but the communists and muslim brotherhood in Washington have pushed me to go buy weapons, if nothing else to support the 2nd amendment...

I stand by my Oath I took as a young man!

Wild Bill @ 1/29/2013 1:54 PM

I'm not giving my guns to any cop, soldier or government...as a law obeying American I reserve my right to own my firearms...Id love to stick the American flag up that communist obomas ass so deep that the man that pulled it out would be crowned the new King Author...he can have me guns when he prys them from my cold dead hands

Andrew TX @ 1/29/2013 2:00 PM

I respect the law, when i'ts Constitutional that is. I can't abide groups of poiticians coming up with ways to destroy the foundation of the USA from the inside. The Constitution is a document that protects our GOD given rights, the most important our rights to bear arms (for our own protection AND to rise up against a government that forgets its place and the Constitution) There should be no legislation in place other than that preventing felons from firearm possesion and those with diagnosed mental illness or SMI. This doesn't mean I think our Communist government should impliment giving psych evals but the Mental health sector should take a responsibility in ensuring people that are SMI don't go unregistered as unfit for guns. Felons are a no brainer in my opinion they have no rights and should never have weapons. Immigration also needs to keep weapons out of the hands of illegal Aliens by being allowed to do their jobs at the borders. Obama is a socialist Marxist and a criminal in the USA I hope he will be brought to justice.

Dan @ 1/29/2013 2:46 PM

@AndrewTX

Our God given rights, Andrew? Sure, Nothing Jesus preached more than a well armed population.

Charles Rall @ 1/29/2013 2:47 PM

He probably spoke to Chiefs and Commissioners. Any street cop knows guns are easier to get then beer.In the 77 pct there were about 80 homicides a year while I was assigned to that detective squad mostly illegal guns.That was only one precinct in Brooklyn North

Jeff @ 1/29/2013 3:49 PM

Thank you to all LEO's & sheriff's that are upholding the constitution, I'm proud of all of you for doing your job! That is coming from a trucker.

Frank @ 1/29/2013 5:23 PM

This is amazing! This Administration is doing everything to change the landscape of a great nation. So all the blood that was spilled from the Civil War to today is for not. This Administration and the States will not admit that the problem is not CCW holders or legal gun owners. I hope this backfires on the Administration.

Martha Toole @ 1/29/2013 5:29 PM

A re you kidding me? Trying to "adjust" the constitution is "TREASON!!". Thank you LEOs!

shockanawe @ 1/29/2013 6:19 PM

Another mental case and and gun problems

shockanawe @ 1/29/2013 6:20 PM

another story of a mental case and guns

Mary Brown @ 1/29/2013 7:30 PM

And police need to be reminded of their oath to uphold the laws and constitution of the United States. They need to arrest Obama for breaking his oath and committing treason over Fast and Furious, Benghazi, and his use of illegal executive orders.

morg @ 1/29/2013 8:18 PM

So is Obama going to require street dealers to do background checks before selling their stolen guns?

Thomas J. Nelson @ 1/29/2013 11:22 PM

I really hope the TOP COPS and unions tell obama to go pound sand

Brandon @ 1/30/2013 12:10 AM

Everyone that is for gun control all have the same to say. They say we do need assault weapons and why do we need more than 10 rounds. Wake up! It is not necessarily a need although one day it could be. It is a right that so many brothers in arms have defended with the ultimate sacrifice. It is called the Bill of rights it is not called the bill of needs! It is what keeps governments in check .without an armed militia being the people any government can pretty much do what ever they want to the people. Without the second amendment you have no other rights! Without the 2A our nation and all our rights will be stripped away whether it be today, tomorrow, or one hundred years from now, it will happen! Support the second amendment for the generations that will follow us!

Brandon @ 1/30/2013 12:11 AM

Sorry typo they say we do not need!

paul w @ 1/30/2013 3:17 AM

God bless all the police chiefs and police on here saying they will defend our right to bear arms....because remember, if they take the publics guns they will come after your guns next. they already shipped most of our jobs to china, and china is now telling obama to take our guns (google it)...that should tell you something. when america cant pay its debt to china then invasion imminent. the only thing stopping them is our armed population.

Anne @ 1/30/2013 3:34 AM

Say no to all of it and obamski!!! History has proven many times that after he gets done with all of us, he will then come after you. All of our politico's days are numbered. History say's that if they will betray their own country and people...they can not be trusted. They will be purged.

mark @ 1/30/2013 4:52 AM

Police, please do the right thing and support the 2nd amendment.

MPDinTN @ 1/30/2013 5:59 AM

This is a great 2A presentation:

Thank you, all faithful LEO!

DG @ 1/30/2013 6:38 AM

Simple.... murder is against the law, so ask yourself how is that law working out?

Donutplz @ 1/30/2013 7:20 AM

Here is a question(s).

Why is it everytime someone uses a gun to kill somebody they go after guns, but when someone kills another while driving drunk they go after the DRIVER not the car?

Whay havent we banned automobiles?

John Collins @ 1/30/2013 12:10 PM

More importantly....what was the Police Chief's Response?

John @ 1/30/2013 2:23 PM

When an N.R.A. official asked Biden about prosecuting ineligible people attempting to purchase firearms through dealers, Biden said we don't have the resources to prosecute them. Yet, this administration wants new laws when they are unwilling to enforce current laws.

Also, this meeting reminds me of when Obama invited a handful of "medical professionals" to the Whitehouse lawn and handed out white lab coats. The photo op professionals (probably administrators) supported ObamaCare, yet every medical provider I have talked to heavily opposes ObamaCare.

Luis @ 1/31/2013 8:03 AM

As a current L.E.O. I would not support obama's ban on weapons and magazines. I was sworn to uphold the Constitution of The United States and will do so until my last breath.

David @ 1/31/2013 11:56 AM

I am a LEO and also sworn to protect the constitution. I do not agree with the gun grabbing, socialist, nazi germany ideals, of the gun banning legislation that is being proposed including those proposed by the current administration.

jae82hyuk @ 1/31/2013 12:17 PM

been a deputy sheriff for five years, no to Obama's gun control

Frank @ 1/31/2013 1:31 PM

We all talk about upholding the Constitution when joining the Military, National Guard, Law Enforcement, or even an Air Traffic Controller. Any Fed job your sworn in but when it comes to politicians and even our second term President of the USA they all seem to urinate on our Constitution that we all are sworn to uphold. That being said, any legal ideas from this group that can explain the penalties for perjury by our politicians? NRA should be looking into this.

Tim @ 1/31/2013 7:03 PM

A retired police officer here from Flint MI. A tough city with a lot of crime.
I am horrified that there are citizens (ignorant) that think the police will support this abomination.
Thank you active police officers for your replies here. I knew it, but there are many that do though.

Chief Dave @ 2/1/2013 7:36 AM

carrol h genereux @ 2/1/2013 12:02 PM

allow no one to take our right to have guns for self protection. Those who want ourguns want to control us. We all have family who fought and died in wars to protect that right.

bosnake @ 2/1/2013 12:48 PM

Why do we not hear anything in the news concerning his highness and our attorneys general roles in FAST AND FURIOUS. I guess they aren't subject to the same laws that govern the rest of us. Both of them should be in federal pens. And for him to state that this was something that started in the Bush administration has already been proven to be another of his uncontested lies.

Brent B @ 2/2/2013 7:26 PM

Not going to happen. Im not going to be a part of this nonsense. My oath to the Constitution was not just a "formality" of my swearing in. We have enemies of the rule of law in this country that are "Domestic" and LEO's are to uphold their oath and public trust to respect the supreme law of the land - The U.S. Constitution. I will resist this to the utter most. Stand up brothers!!! We are losing our country!

Brent B @ 2/2/2013 7:57 PM

Just a reminder to all the FTO's out there. Make your trainees learn the bill of rights. I do, make sure they know it. For those Officers who still don't get it, if we don't stand up and oppose this tyrant, we will end up like the police in England -- gunless.

Rich @ 2/2/2013 8:41 PM

I was in the USAF for six years (all during Vietnam). I was also a police officer once upon a time. Today I am 100% disabled (NOT because of over-extended unemployment). No biggie. Once upon a time, I was also secretary/news editor for a shooting sports organization and I interviewed 10 police officers (all in Orygun); city, county, and state LEOs. Only one of them (the oldest, if that means anything) could recite the entire oath he took to get his badge. I find that sad, but at least 5 more remembered that, somewhere in there, they swore to defend the "constitutions of the United States and the State of Oregon." The four who did not remember that part were all newbies. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

While I am not currently actively serving in either the military or as a line officer, I am still of the belief that it is my job as a patriotic citizen of this country to defend the U.S. Constitution. Anyone who comes to get my guns, or my neighbors' (friends, family) WILL get the bullets first. That includes any pansy a$$ politicians or the PrezDebt's private brown-shirt army.

Another Dave @ 2/2/2013 9:22 PM

Chief Dave, I have several 60 and 100 round mags from Surefire. They work Great. I will not be turning them in to anyone. But they are fully loaded.
My background is Med Retired USAF Sec/LE. with civilian time in P.I. and recovery. I am proud of Our Military and LEO's. Stand strong there is a hell of a lot of Vets behind ya. We all know thats better then having them against ya.

ppo234 @ 2/3/2013 11:07 AM

Our problem today is not the rampid problem of the guns killing people. It is our Judicial System! How criminals that are arrested for crimes can get off so lightly for their crimes and are back on the street with just a slap on the back of the hand for their first offense, or a Plea Bargain. Then maybe a fine and/or jail time for the next time they commit the same crime, and it goes from there until they actually hit prison time. Why not just give the criminal the jail time to begin with? You have removed him/her from society, and a buyer from the black market.

Cliff @ 2/4/2013 5:49 AM

"selected law enforcement leaders" Maybe the conversation started like this. Hi, I want to make shure you do not have any issues with your federal funding, do you mind if we talk???????

I will understand when the states actually begin succeede and bring back the bill of rights for their own piece of the pie.

Billy @ 2/4/2013 9:18 PM

I just read where the Border Patrol stopped a vehicle in Texas near teh border. Inside it, they found 10 AK-47 "assault weapons" which they seized. The vehicle and occupants were released...duh? If they had enough PC to seize the weapons, why not the vehicle too and why didn't anybody go to jail??? Because the US Attorney wouldn't prosecute! That's the fallacy of the gun control laws - lots of laws, but little to no enforcement. No prosecution, nobody does time, so the only people these laws affect are the honest citizens! I also see where 90 county sheriff's oppose Obama's gun regulations, these officials are voted into office by "The People" unlike most big city police chiefs who are political appointees and must follow the lead of the mayor and staff.

Lou @ 3/18/2013 1:37 PM

I served 7 years in the USAF and want to thank the Police Officers for their Support for the 2nd Amendment and realize its importance. I am just hoping that the young men that are serving in the military now will also recognize the importance of the constitution and the 2nd amendment when the confiscation orders come (*** New Orleans Katrina ***)