Tactical Pants - Galls
A popular choice for public safety professionals, the Galls Tactical Pants are...

Product News

Ruger Introduces SR45 Pistol

January 04, 2013  |

Photo courtesy of Ruger.
Photo courtesy of Ruger.

Sturm, Ruger & Co. has introduced the SR45, a .45 ACP entry to its line of SR polymer pistols.

The SR45 is chambered in .45 ACP and comes with a 10-round magazine. It retains a similar slim profile of the SR9 and SR40, Ruger's earlier models that made a play for law enforcement dollars. The pistols have yet to reach wider adoption as service weapons.

Ruger's SR45 offers customizable options for officers such as an ambidextrous thumb safety and magazine release button. A "reversible" backstrap allows the user to better fit the pistol to his or her hand.

Ruger will offer two versions of the SR45—a black nitride finished gun with an alloy steel slide and a brushed stainless finish on a stainless steel slide. The models will retail for $529.

Tags: Ruger, .45 ACP, Duty Pistols

Request more info about this product / service / company

John Carp @ 1/7/2013 5:44 PM

Wow this certainly rounds out Ruger's tremendous line!
I would absolutely love to own one in stainless steel, when they become available! I currently own several Ruger firearms and they are tough in the extreme! One pistol, a vintage 1990's KP89DAO is the most accurate 9mm I own! I also own several .45 ACP pistols, including a Glock 21 SF. Most are large and not the most comfortable for a fellow with small'ish hands. If this pistol is as ergonomic as previous iterations, it should soon become a favorite!
Bravo Ruger!
If we could talk you in to a stainless steel LC9, I'd add yet another Ruger to the colection!
Respectfully
j

Dennis CHP (retired) @ 1/7/2013 8:28 PM

It makes me want to sell my Glock model 17 and get this model.

chris @ 1/9/2013 11:04 AM

I just purchased the stainless version of the SR45, havent had the chance to shoot it yet. Love the weight and feel of the gun. Glad I was able to find one!

garry graham @ 2/22/2013 11:14 AM

got black sr45 to go with my sr9c love both these guns. ran 200 rds mag-tec 230 grain acurate as person behind pistol. very good pistol

mike cookson @ 3/5/2013 6:48 PM

just perchased sr45 nice gun.would like to buy extra clips but cant find any,does anybody know where find any. thank you

jay @ 10/6/2013 9:44 PM

I just bought the stainless steal model SR.45 and so far im very impressed feels great weight is nice shoots well only problem i had was one of the magizines fell out each time i fired the weapon but a quick call to ruger and before the week was up had a new mag just sent the defective one back no problems in my opinion money well spent as far as 480 dollars is concerned will be getting the SR.40 soon

Ben @ 3/20/2014 3:56 AM

I bought my sr45 2 months ago and i could not be more pleased with sights and accuracy, but i am having quite a few problems with stovepipping. i tested it and it does not seem to be the ejector. my mag is giving me all the trouble. i have put 500 rounds through and still having issues. Any help would be useful. Also i am looking for extended capacity. Do they exist?

James Stoltz @ 6/27/2014 4:13 PM

Ive owned the Stainless SR45 for about a year now. Best 45 ive had!!

HITMAN88 @ 8/23/2014 8:56 PM

I JUST PICKED UP THE RUGER SR45 BLACK FINISH WILL BE GOING TO THE RANGE SOON TO SEE HOW IT SHOOTS I THINK I HAVE A WINNER IN THE SR45 A REALY NICE GUN. GO CHECK ONE OUT.