ESS Rollbar Tactical Sunglass - ESS Eyepro
The new ESS Rollbar Tactical interchangeable-lens sunglass has a broad wrap that...

Lawsuit: N.M. Cop TASERed Boy at Career Day

November 01, 2012  |

A New Mexico officer TASERed a 10-year-old boy after he refused to wash his patrol car at a school career fair, claims a lawsuit from the boy's legal guardian.

Officer Chris Webb, of the New Mexico Department of Public Safety and Motor Transportation, allegedly TASERed the boy during a May 4 presentation to students at New Mexico Intermediate School in Tularosa.

Officer Webb asked the students who wanted to wash his patrol unit. Several students volunteered and one student, R.D., said he didn't want to clean the car. Officer Webb pointed the TASER at R.D. and said, "Let me show you what happens to people who do not listen to the police."

He then shot two barbs into the chest of the boy, who blacked out, reports Courthouse News.

Tags: TASER, School Resource Officers, Less-Lethal Force

Hiram Legree @ 11/2/2012 9:37 AM

An electrifying account. I am completely speechless. I don't like to wash cars either, and never realized my dislike justified violent attack and torture.

Sam @ 11/2/2012 9:40 AM

I bet his cruiser was never cleaner than after that demonstration!

S.S @ 11/2/2012 10:12 AM

This is a crazy story. The officer is a dummy whether he meant to or not. Im hoping it was an accident, but even if it wasn't it still looks really bad.

S.S @ 11/2/2012 10:30 AM

I read the story on the link indicated. What a MORON!!!

Tom Ret @ 11/2/2012 11:30 AM

If this story is true, the officer is a moron.

Q @ 11/2/2012 12:04 PM

If this were true the story would have been national news. I'm skeptical.

Dan @ 11/2/2012 12:06 PM

I cannot imagine somebody this stupid working in Law Enforcement! This almost to stupid to believe!

M.Conner @ 11/2/2012 3:35 PM

If this is really how it went down, then some serious re-training is in order. To say the least.

LP @ 11/3/2012 1:04 PM

My respone is to the person who states that he is "skeptical".
Please take the time to confirm your personal beliefs. At the very least ivestigate the source before you issue a statement which shows us all the obvious position you are taking on this matter.

-DLM
Texas-LPS-Private Investigator/Security contractor and Consulting.

michael @ 11/3/2012 7:43 PM

I really hope this is all BS.......If not, the state of New Mexico needs to check out the doctors that are clearing this people to be cops. What a complete moron, fire, arrest and prosecute this idiot cop. This is why my dept. does not want us to get Tasers, too much bad press because of idiots like this doing stupid things.

mike @ 11/5/2012 8:30 AM