TASER International, Inc. announced several significant orders for its new TASER X2 electronic control device (ECD). Many of these orders were purchased using the TASER X26 trade-in offer, according to the company.
"In today's challenging economic times, it's important for law enforcement to justify every purchase," said Rick Smith, CEO of TASER International, in a release. "We understand the struggles agencies face in keeping equipment up to date. To assist these agencies, we recently extended our ECD upgrade at $250 per unit through June 2012 to ensure their officers have state-of-the-art equipment to maximize their safety."
The following agencies have ordered TASER X2 ECDs and are expected to ship in the second quarter of 2012:
- Ventura County (Calif.) Sheriff’s Department: 350 TASER X2 ECDs
- Clark County (Nev.) Detention Center: 205 TASER X2 ECDs
- Pennsylvania Game Commission Wildlife Habitat: 200 TASER X2 ECD
- Shawnee County (Kan.) Sheriff's Office: 99 TASER X2 ECDs
- Wake County (N.C.) Sheriff's Office: 96 TASER X2 ECDs
- Oregon State Police: 70 TASER X2 ECDs
- Kansas Turnpike Authority: 50 TASER X2 ECDs
- Gwinnett County (Ga.) Police Department: 54 X2 ECDs
- Aventura (Gla.) Police Department: 33 TASER X2 ECDs
- Oregon Health and Science University Department of Public Safety: 32 TASER X2 ECDs
- Northlake (Ill.) Police Department: 27 TASER X2 ECDs
- Oakdale (Minn.) Police Department: 13 TASER X2 ECDs
- Tewksbury (Mass.) Police Department: 11 TASER X2 ECDs
- Largo (Fla.) Police Department: 10 TASER X2 ECDs
The TASER X2 was launched in 2011 as TASER's next generation ECD which provides a second shot capability, charge metering for improved safety, Trilogy Logs with detailed firing and electrical pulse information, automatic shut off ability, compatibility with TASER CAM HD audio/video camera system, and free data upload access via Evidence.com.
San Antonio police officer Robert Deckard, who was shot in the head Sunday during a...
Attorneys for Elias Montoya announced Sunday that they are reviewing the allegations...
A Marion County, Ore., Sheriff's deputy is in fair condition after being wounded in a...
Sandoval County, N.M., sheriff’s Sgt. Robert Baron, who was injured Thursday while...
Deputy Brad Perry died at 5:50 a.m. Monday at UAB Hospital. He was injured Dec. 3 and...