Tactical Pants - Galls
A popular choice for public safety professionals, the Galls Tactical Pants are...

Product News

SHOT Show 2012: Remington's R12P Tactical Shotgun

January 20, 2012  |

Photo: Mark W. Clark
Photo: Mark W. Clark

Remington's innovative R12P Tactical shotgun introduced at SHOT Show cycles any 12-gauge shell by using a gas system that measures the length of the casing.

This versatile semi-auto shotgun for officers uses a system that regulates gas pressure based on shell length to ensure smooth cycling of shells into the receiver.

Remington is producing the gun in four models—22-inch barrel (8+1 capacity), 18-inch barrel (6+1), 14.5-inch barrel (5+1), and a 12-inch barrel (4+1).

The gun's versatility carries over to its removable Picatinny rails that can be mounted at the three, six, and nine o'clock positions.

Other features include an extended SuperCell butt pad that reduces recoil by 20% and an oversized reversible safety button. The gun can be configured with rifle, bead, or ghost-ring sights.

Tags: SHOT Show, Remington, Shotguns

Request more info about this product / service / company

tony @ 1/20/2012 6:33 PM

Any chance they will make one with a pistol grip option? I think that wouldmake it perfect.

gp cobb @ 1/20/2012 7:02 PM

You mean like the Mossy? Grin

Glen @ 1/20/2012 7:15 PM

Finally, something purpose built here in the USA. Or at least by an American company. Nice to be able to load more than one length of shell at the same time. I like the barrel options as well. I wonder if it is priced realistically though.

gary pearse @ 1/20/2012 10:05 PM

Unfortunately no ambidextrous safety catch.

Nick Morris @ 1/20/2012 10:41 PM

They have a model with the pistol grip It's the R12E

Dan @ 1/21/2012 4:46 AM

Can you say tactical Versamax?

Shaw @ 1/21/2012 5:07 AM

So this will use the Mexican mini-shot shells?

B Strudel @ 1/21/2012 5:04 PM

Can't wait to test drive one.

M.Conner @ 1/23/2012 4:03 AM

NICE!

Bruce Shaw @ 1/27/2012 7:16 PM

What's the Price I Need two... for my store

David Cook @ 5/23/2012 12:34 AM

I've been waiting for a tactical semi auto 12 gauge to come out for some time. Depending on affordability, this could be it, although I still like the Bennelli expect for the price tag.

XTrooper @ 10/2/2012 10:27 AM

For all you fellas "waiting" for a semi-automatic tactical shotgun, I've owned mine since November 2007 when I bought my Mossberg 930 SPX. Five years and hundreds of rounds later, it has yet to fail me. Last week, I completed a NRA Law Enforcement Handgun/Shotgun Firearms Instructor School and, again, my Mossberg didn't fail me.