Tactical Pants - Galls
A popular choice for public safety professionals, the Galls Tactical Pants are...

Product News

Ruger Introduces .22 LR SP101 Revolver

September 23, 2011  |

Photo: Ruger.
Photo: Ruger.
Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. has introduced the SP101 small-frame revolver chambered for the .22 Long Rifle cartridge.

The 30-ounce double-action revolver is made of weather-resistant stainless steel with a satin finish. The walnut grip panels inset in the one-piece rubber grip are checkered and engraved. The revolver features a fully adjustable square-notch rear sight and fiber-optic, square-post front sight. The 4.2-inch barrel features a half shroud covering the ejector rod.

"We were constantly receiving feedback from our customers asking us to produce the SP101 in .22 LR," said Chris Killoy, Ruger's vice president of sales and marketing. "Ruger re-engineered the SP101 to chamber eight rounds instead of the traditional six, improved the sights, and maintained the same classic features that SP101 owners know and appreciate."

Tags: Revolvers, Ruger

Request more info about this product / service / company

BobG. @ 9/26/2011 6:41 PM

Beautiful weapon! Unfortunatly that huge, square front sight ruins it all. I own several Ruger products and can not understand these ugly sights! Even S&W has them on their snub nose revolvers. Sad.

Sam @ 9/27/2011 12:46 AM

I was never much a Ruger fan except for the Mini-14. This gun might be a good plinker or training piece. What I would really love to see is for one of the major arms companies to make a stainless or alloy/stainless copy of the Colt Detective Special revolver.

Jack @ 9/27/2011 3:47 AM

For Sam, There was a stainless version of the Colt DS produced only in 1999 called the Colt Magnum Carry.

MartyB @ 9/27/2011 1:45 PM

I have to agree with Bob. This would have been a great 22 revolver if it were not for the hideous front sight and that nearly equally ugly adjustible rear sight.

What this country needs is a good 22cal. "Tackle Box" revolver. With satin stainless steel or parkerized finish. 2 1/2 - " medium weight bbl, fixed sights and rubber/nylon grip. Ideally built on a "J" frame.

At half the list price of the Ruger.... Yeah I know I'm dreaming but a guy can dream can't he?

April Stevens @ 12/16/2012 3:48 PM

My husband wants this same exact grip and I want to get it for him for Christmas can you please contact me as soon as possible.

pramod @ 1/7/2014 2:56 AM