Gamber-Johnson has introduced a new vehicle-specific console box designed for the 2013 Ford Police Interceptor sedan and utility, according to the company.
The Ford NGPI (Next Generation Police Interceptor) Console Box is a low profile, no-drill vehicle-specific console box. It attaches directly to the Ford P.I. without the need to order a separate top plate or vehicle leg kit. It ships fully assembled.
The top-mounting platform allows a computer to be center-mounted or offset towards the passenger side. A passenger-side vehicle base can also be used to further offset a computer.
Features of the Ford NGPI Console Box include:
- Removable top plate and center brace for ease of radio installation and wiring routing.
- Six fasteners for mounting the console box allows for quick installation.
- Vertical, angled section accommodates 6 inches of mounting space and is designed to house full-size radios.
- Horizontal, low profile section accommodates 6 inches of mounting space with an internal cup holder (11.5 inches without an internal cup holder) and is designed to house radio control heads and accessories.
- 12-volt plug insert (on passenger side).
- Heavy gauge steel, fully welded for long-term durability.
- There are two versions of the Ford NGPI Console Box. Both include standard faceplates (full faceplates sold separately) and filler panels. One version of the console also comes with an armrest and internal dual cup holders (No. 7160-0409) and the other version is just the console box (No. 7160-0410).
For a more in-depth look at Gamber-Johnson's line of mounting system solutions, visit Gamber-Johnson's web site.
A Mason City (Iowa) PD officer has joined Ford's Police Advisory Board to provide input on...
RIBCraft, manufacturer of professional grade rigid inflatable boats (RIBs) for safety...
A Dallas Police Department helicopter was forced to make an emergency landing Monday night...
Fleet sales are an important part of U.S. automakers' bottom lines, and none have more...