Wyoming City OKs Personal Use of Patrol Cars
April 15, 2011
Cheyenne, Wyo., Mayor Rick Kasen has re-instituted a policy allowing the city's officers to use their patrol cars for personal use if they meet these conditions:
- Attend training on off-duty response.
- Make dispatch aware when they are driving the cars for personal use.
- Wear clothing that clearly identifies them as law enforcement.
- Have the proper equipment when they are using the vehicles for personal use. This will help ensure they are prepared to respond to a situation.
- Respond to certain emergencies. They will be paid overtime for doing so.
Read the full story at WyomingNews.com.
Be the first to comment on this story
Other Recent News
General Motors will cease production of its Chevrolet Caprice police sedan after building...
Lenco Industries Inc., known for its design and manufacture of armored police vehicles,...