Wyoming City OKs Personal Use of Patrol Cars
April 15, 2011
Cheyenne, Wyo., Mayor Rick Kasen has re-instituted a policy allowing the city's officers to use their patrol cars for personal use if they meet these conditions:
- Attend training on off-duty response.
- Make dispatch aware when they are driving the cars for personal use.
- Wear clothing that clearly identifies them as law enforcement.
- Have the proper equipment when they are using the vehicles for personal use. This will help ensure they are prepared to respond to a situation.
- Respond to certain emergencies. They will be paid overtime for doing so.
Read the full story at WyomingNews.com.
Be the first to comment on this story
Other Recent News
Bell Helicopter's Aeronautical Accessories brand has added a new Federal Aviation...
The Creek County (OK) Sheriff's Office is putting "In God We Trust" decals on all...
Leading up to Thanksgiving, Harley-Davidson will expand its free Riding Academy motorcycle...
The folks at Ford know that sliding behind the wheel while under the influence of anything...
Calhoun County, AL, Sheriff Larry Amerson says his department is returning its tracked...