Wyoming City OKs Personal Use of Patrol Cars
April 15, 2011
Cheyenne, Wyo., Mayor Rick Kasen has re-instituted a policy allowing the city's officers to use their patrol cars for personal use if they meet these conditions:
- Attend training on off-duty response.
- Make dispatch aware when they are driving the cars for personal use.
- Wear clothing that clearly identifies them as law enforcement.
- Have the proper equipment when they are using the vehicles for personal use. This will help ensure they are prepared to respond to a situation.
- Respond to certain emergencies. They will be paid overtime for doing so.
Read the full story at WyomingNews.com.
Be the first to comment on this story
Other Recent News
Amid a national furor over police militarization, the San Jose (Calif.) Police Department...
A New York Daily News article talks about the need for military-grade equipment for local...
Politicians in Washington want a review of the government's military surplus grants for...
The Propane Education & Research Council (PERC) announced today the launch of a new logo...