Wyoming City OKs Personal Use of Patrol Cars
April 15, 2011
Cheyenne, Wyo., Mayor Rick Kasen has re-instituted a policy allowing the city's officers to use their patrol cars for personal use if they meet these conditions:
- Attend training on off-duty response.
- Make dispatch aware when they are driving the cars for personal use.
- Wear clothing that clearly identifies them as law enforcement.
- Have the proper equipment when they are using the vehicles for personal use. This will help ensure they are prepared to respond to a situation.
- Respond to certain emergencies. They will be paid overtime for doing so.
Read the full story at WyomingNews.com.
Be the first to comment on this story
Other Recent News
Phoenix Police Chief Daniel V. Garcia said the mourners had come to remember a man whose...
The man fatally shot by Sacramento police aboard a light-rail train Saturday night lunged...
Police released the identity of a pregnant woman accidentally shot to death Friday...
AngelTrax, a leading supplier of in-vehicle video surveillance technology, today announced...
The officer, whose name was not released, was listed in serious but stable condition after...