Wyoming City OKs Personal Use of Patrol Cars
April 15, 2011
Cheyenne, Wyo., Mayor Rick Kasen has re-instituted a policy allowing the city's officers to use their patrol cars for personal use if they meet these conditions:
- Attend training on off-duty response.
- Make dispatch aware when they are driving the cars for personal use.
- Wear clothing that clearly identifies them as law enforcement.
- Have the proper equipment when they are using the vehicles for personal use. This will help ensure they are prepared to respond to a situation.
- Respond to certain emergencies. They will be paid overtime for doing so.
Read the full story at WyomingNews.com.
Be the first to comment on this story
Other Recent News
A Mason City (Iowa) PD officer has joined Ford's Police Advisory Board to provide input on...
RIBCraft, manufacturer of professional grade rigid inflatable boats (RIBs) for safety...
A Dallas Police Department helicopter was forced to make an emergency landing Monday night...
Fleet sales are an important part of U.S. automakers' bottom lines, and none have more...