Security Policy and the Cloud

Ask The Expert

Mark Rivera

FBI-CJIS Security Policy Compliance Officer

Mark Rivera, Customer Retention Manager and CJIS Security Compliance Officer with Vigilant Solutions, served for sixteen years with the Maryland State Police, retiring at the rank of First Sergeant with thirteen of those years at the supervisory and command level. He holds a Master of Science Degree in Management from The Johns Hopkins University and Secret clearance through the FBI, Baltimore.

PW6 In-Car Camera System - PatrolWitness
The new PW6 In-Car Video System from PatrolWitness is compact, rugged, and...

California Auctions Surplus CHP Vehicles

September 03, 2009  |

California sold five high-mileage BMW motorcycles used by the California Highway Patrol at its "Great California Garage Sale" auction. Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed one of the motorcycles. Photo courtesy of the state's DGS.

During a two-day auction, the California Department of General Services raised $1.1 million by selling off 438 state vehicles, which included patrol cars used by the California Highway Patrol, according to final sales numbers.

Also, five high-mileage BMW motorcycles used by the CHP were auctioned for $2,200 each. The motorcycles were from the 2002, 2003 and 2004 model years and had odometer readings of more than 100,000.

The auction was part of the "Great California Garage Sale" auction organized by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who signed one of the motorcycles.

From the Los Angeles Times' reporting of the event:

Schwarzenegger promoted the sale as a way to help the state balance its budget, which was more than $20 billion in the red until he reached a deal with lawmakers last month to cut many government programs.

The state has been selling some items on EBay and Craigslist since last week. On Friday, the governor listed another item — an autographed State of California jacket — with a starting bid of $1,000 on EBay.

carl dye @ 7/30/2012 2:49 PM

I would like to attend one of your police auctions to see if I can purchase a escrow cruiser motorcycle purpose of this bike is to work with funerals escorts. Thank you

john kelly @ 10/20/2012 2:00 AM

My address is 5308 engle rd carmichael Ca 95608. I would like to attend the car and motorcycle sales CHP sales the most but give me info on all around

Beth @ 11/7/2012 3:34 PM

Thanks for the information about police auctions very helpful. http://www.policeauctions.com/

Kelvyn. Fryer @ 12/15/2012 2:34 PM

I am trying to find more info on police surplus vehicle auctions, specifically chp bmw motorcycles. Where and when thesr auctions are held?

Anthony Wurthmann @ 12/31/2012 2:14 AM

I am interested in purchasing one of your surplus motorcycles to help save gas in the summers here in Alaska. Please email me with pertanent information.
Anthony Wurthmann
POB 5133
Nikolaevsk, Alaska 99556
907-756-1121

Please help with good prices because I am on SS.

Chris @ 1/8/2013 10:05 PM

I am very interested in a CHP BMW motorcycle. Any ideas on how to find them? Thank you!

gilberto,rodriguez @ 5/13/2013 4:08 PM

I Would Like to atend of your police action to si if can purchase one car for my K-9 dog I work security guard on san pedro hospital my addres 883w C RESWOOD AV SAN PEDRO CA.90731. thanks

bob reynolds @ 8/12/2013 7:43 PM

interested in a bmw motorcycle from police.

edward keker @ 3/21/2014 12:37 AM

I would like to purchase one of your used motorcycles.

edward keker @ 3/21/2014 12:38 AM

I would like to purchase one of the motorcycles.

Gina T @ 1/6/2015 9:34 AM

I, also, am interested in buying a motorcycle.

Hans starkweather @ 1/9/2015 8:49 AM

Would like to be informed of the next auction. Interested in used cruiser.

Jose melgoza @ 1/31/2015 7:23 AM

Would like to buy one your retired Harley cruisers if and when available.

Steve Buckingham @ 2/16/2016 12:38 PM

Interested in used motorcycle moto Guzzi BMW Kawasaki

Joeseph Baxter @ 2/26/2016 3:52 PM

I'd be interested if they sold more 04 or newer bmw 1200cc police motorcycles.

david wayne @ 4/21/2016 10:02 PM

I'm interested in buying a used chp motorcycle .

david wayne @ 4/21/2016 10:05 PM

I looking to buy a chp motorcycle . I need to know where I get more information or a location

Jeff @ 5/4/2016 8:26 PM

I need a bmw bike for work please advise when another auction is coming

Dwayne @ 5/18/2016 4:40 PM

If you're near Torrance, CA they had some bmw motorcycles for sale this past monday 5/16/16 at the chp used vehicle sales lot. The sticker said either $1100 or $1500. I can't remember exactly.