RedXDefense announced today a 37% reduction in the price of the narcotics sampling cards for the XCAT handheld detection system. In addition, the company has released a new gunshot residue sampling card with an adhesive strip to further improve sample collection. Law Enforcement Agencies in 26 states and 9 countries are now successfully using the XCAT.
Tested and approved, the XCAT appears on the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Forensic Science’s list of Approved Presumptive Field Tests for the Detection of Drugs and has been verified by the National Forensic Science Technology Center (NFSTC) to accurately detect the presence of commonly encountered illicit drugs.
Key attributes contributing to the XCAT’s popularity include the following:
• Narcotics, Explosives and GSR detection in a single platform.
• Rapid red light/green light response.
• No glass ampoules, no color charts, no spraying, no chemical exposure
• Trace detection.
• Rugged and simple to use.
• No calibration
• Less than 1 pound
• Rechargeable Li-ion battery with 7 hour battery life.
• Verification standards provided.
• Field upgradeable for new threats.
The XCAT uses detection cards with specially formulated detection inks and software to identify characteristics unique to each individual or group of chemically related substances and returns a simple red or green light signal to the user. No libraries to match or update. Uses include: sampling trace or bulk narcotics, gunshot residue testing, clearing unattended bags, testing mail or packages at incoming inspection, and vehicle inspection at entry points.