TASER today revealed the newest addition to its family of on-officer products, Evidence Mobile, a free application supported on iOS and Android mobile devices. The free app supplements Axon Body and Axon Flex cameras for evidence capture in the field.
Evidence Mobile is offered in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. Users can capture photos, audio recordings, and videos all from an iOS or Android mobile device, and then upload the data to Evidence.com.
“The Evidence Mobile application has given our officers the ability to turn a department cell phone into a true evidence collection unit,” said Sgt. Mitchell of the Coronado (Calif.) Police Department. “Whether it is detectives recording statements on a smart phone’s audio recorder, or officers in the field collecting photographic evidence at crime scenes, Evidence Mobile has given them all of the tools at their fingertips. We love the ability to take digital media evidence in the field and seamlessly upload it to our Evidence.com account. It has made evidence collection significantly more streamlined, without losing any security.”
“With Evidence Mobile we’ve changed the way law enforcement officers capture, manage and upload digital evidence from the field,” said Jason Droege, president of Evidence.com. “Gone are the days of multiple recording devices and manual uploads. “Officers can now benefit from that same dynamic using Evidence mobile, a secure application, and their smart phone, which most officers are already carrying on patrol today. Evidence Mobile combined with our Axon camera line and Evidence.com offers agencies a full-solution set to capture and manage their digital evidence.”
Agencies interested in trying Evidence Mobile can register for a free my.Evidence.com trial account from within the app. Evidence Mobile also provides the user with a host of features that greatly improves the management of digital evidence, including categorizing, identification and automatic GPS location tagging.
• Evidence Mobile is offered free in the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store (register for free trial or login to Evidence.com from within the app)
• Capture photos, audio and videos and/or pictures, add case numbers, categories, and/or titles to those files in the field using an iOS or Android device over a 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi data connection
• Import photos and videos already on an iOS or Android device
• Upload evidence directly to an Evidence.com account
• Manage metadata to better organize evidence
• Track evidence with GPS location tagging