Ringing iPhone Recovered from Prisoner's Rectum

April 25, 2013  |

Screenshot via Soldier Knows Best/You Tube.
Screenshot via Soldier Knows Best/You Tube.

A burglary suspect gave up a stolen iPhone earlier this week, after police found it ringing in his rectum while he was in a holding cell at the NYPD's West Village (6th Precinct) station.

Trent Patterson, 47, had initially been arrested for allegedly burglarizing the trendy Ted Baker clothing boutique in the Meatpacking District at around 5:50 a.m. Friday, along with four other suspects, reports the New York Post.

A 27-year-old man whose iPhone had been swiped used an app to track the device. While reporting the theft at the station, he called his phone and hear the ring come from Patterson in a cell.

Tags: Smartphones, burglary, Apps, NYPD

David @ 4/25/2013 4:01 PM

I wouldn't want my phone back.

Bill @ 4/25/2013 4:06 PM

That burglar earned possession of the phone, I sure would not put it to my mouth or ear to take a call or make a call. Charge the burglar for the replacement of the phone and help him stick it back where it was.

Liteman @ 4/24/2013 4:05 PM

I guess it gives a whole new meaning to "talking out of your ass."

DEADMAN @ 4/25/2013 4:44 PM

Get that will you,it's for you .OR Hey Chief,telephone call.

SS99 @ 4/24/2013 7:34 PM

Good thing they didn't FaceTime him.

Bob @ 4/26/2013 6:20 AM

I bet he got crappy reception.

Trigger @ 4/25/2013 7:23 AM

Cell phones, weapons, drugs ,etc. all neatly concealed up the poop shoot. A true challenge for corrections.

Capt. Crunch @ 4/26/2013 9:34 AM

I feel sorry for the officer that has to collect the evidence.

S.R. Garcia @ 4/26/2013 10:12 AM

Lets not all get in a rush...maybe it was a wrong number??

Gary @ 4/26/2013 12:30 PM

ok,ok.....I can see an iphone....as long as I don't have to do it with an otterbox....lol