Cobalt Software Platform - Mark43
Mark43's Cobalt software platform unites a set of law enforcement tools securely...

Legally Defensible Training Records

Ask The Expert

Ari Vidali

CEO and Founder of Envisage Technologies

No upcoming webinars scheduled

N.C. Cop's Good Deed Praised on Social Media

March 06, 2013  |

Photo via Ed McNeal/Twitter.
Photo via Ed McNeal/Twitter.

A Winston-Salem (N.C.) Police officer's kind act helping a woman stranded in the rain received hundreds of "likes" after it was posted to Facebook and Twitter.

Officer Charles Ziegler was off duty last week working his side job providing security for a church, when he noticed the woman pushing a stroller in the rain. He offered to give her a lift. An onlooker took a photo of the good deed and posted it to his Twitter feed.

Officer Ziegler was featured in a news report on WXII, and told NBC Today that his "phone just blew up Wednesday night."

Foster @ 3/6/2013 1:55 PM

A True hero.... like x's 1000.

john @ IA retired @ 3/7/2013 7:21 PM

Wouldn't it be nice if this made it onto the national news. I bet they don't carry it because it makes the cop look good.

bob retired leo @ 3/7/2013 7:41 PM

Its the good news you hardly ever see on TV. In the late 70s, it was a dead night and a young man high on drugs and vodka, was found almost unconscious He was a Vietnam vet like me and begged for our help. We took him to the ER and he said in case I die please dont leave me. It was a dead night and no calls so we stayed and the Dr's. saved his life. I was so elated, that as a 3rd year cop, I saved a life and was shown much appreciation from his family and the medical staff for keeping him alive. When I returned to work the following day, I was called in to the Chief's office. To my surprise I had had my butt chewed out for for helping this guy. I was told as a state officer it wasn't in my jurisdiction to help him and the Chief said, you should have let him die. I looked at him in surprise and said I would do it again, that's my job, while in my head I was thinking what a moron you are. Thank goodness he finally retired after many years of service.

[email protected] @ 3/7/2013 9:00 PM

@bob retired leo: Thank God that insipid idiot is no longer riding a desk. You did what was right, as did this young Officer. From one vet to another: charlie mike. Blues, stay safe.

naynaybeme @ 3/8/2013 2:56 AM

Great Job!!!

Bob @ VA @ 3/8/2013 5:08 AM

Outstanding! If only the press covered more of these kind of common incidents.

Trigger @ 3/8/2013 6:08 AM

Officer Ziegler, excellent job. I know the last thing you probably wanted was the media involvement while doing something you normally do. It is interesting that the law enforcement profession does not have a "true" job description to cover the many, many things that we do. Sometimes administration definitely looses touch of reality.

John @ 3/8/2013 1:30 PM

Officer Ziegler exemplifies the serve part of to protect and serve.

Jack Betz @ 3/10/2013 1:35 PM

Considering the last good deed done by an officer still was cussed by the igronant, don't expect this to last.