Panasonic Introduces Windows 8 Rugged Tablet
October 31, 2012
Photo courtesy of Panasonic.
Panasonic's Toughbook C2 semi-rugged Windows 8 tablet arrives with a third-generation Intel Core processor and delivers approximately 11 hours of battery life, according to the company.
Panasonic Toughbook C2's key features include:
- Microsoft Windows 8 Pro 64-bit operating system with Microsoft Windows 7 professional option available
- Intel Core i5-3427U vProTM (3MB cache, up to 2.8 GHz) with Intel Turbo Boost technology
- Five-point capacitive multi-touch 12.5-inch, 500 nit, daylight-readable HD display with an anti-reflective/anti-glare treatments, and IPS technology to enable a wide viewing angle
- Digitizer for note-taking and signature capture with an electronic pen
- Enhanced triple hinge design that provides durable support when rotating the screen to tablet mode
- Bridge battery allows the main battery to be swapped without powering down the device
- Approximately 3.99-pound magnesium alloy design
- High-definition 720p webcam with built-in microphone and optional 3MP rear facing camera
- Redesigned ergonomic Y-shaped hand strap for easy carrying in both landscape and portrait modes
- Embedded wireless technologies including Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth and optional 4G LTE or 3G Gobi mobile broadband
- Flexible configuration options including the optional inclusion of a serial port, VGA (HDMI port comes standard) or modem port, as well as optional near field communications (NFC) or SmartCard reader for user authentication
- Ambient light, magnetic, acceleration and gyro sensors to enable new Windows 8 functionalities
- USB 3.0 ports include two backward-compatible USB 3.0 ports that allow file transfer speeds up to 10x faster than USB 2.0 port.
The Panasonic Toughbook C2 will be available in December and will retail for $2,949.
Request more info about this product / service / company
Be the first to comment on this story
Other Recent News
Parabon NanoLabs (Parabon) announced today receipt of a grant from the National Geographic...
In a reversal of their position, Pittsburgh's top police officials will allow patrol...
“By studying variation between groups, such as sexes and ancestry groups, on the basis of...
Getac Inc., manufacturer of rugged computers, announced that the Las Vegas (Nev.) Metro PD...
Smiths Detection today launches HI-SCAN 6040C, a compact checkpoint scanner designed...