More webinars in the works! Please make sure to check back often.
Panasonic Introduces Windows 8 Rugged Tablet
October 31, 2012
Photo courtesy of Panasonic.
Panasonic's Toughbook C2 semi-rugged Windows 8 tablet arrives with a third-generation Intel Core processor and delivers approximately 11 hours of battery life, according to the company.
Panasonic Toughbook C2's key features include:
- Microsoft Windows 8 Pro 64-bit operating system with Microsoft Windows 7 professional option available
- Intel Core i5-3427U vProTM (3MB cache, up to 2.8 GHz) with Intel Turbo Boost technology
- Five-point capacitive multi-touch 12.5-inch, 500 nit, daylight-readable HD display with an anti-reflective/anti-glare treatments, and IPS technology to enable a wide viewing angle
- Digitizer for note-taking and signature capture with an electronic pen
- Enhanced triple hinge design that provides durable support when rotating the screen to tablet mode
- Bridge battery allows the main battery to be swapped without powering down the device
- Approximately 3.99-pound magnesium alloy design
- High-definition 720p webcam with built-in microphone and optional 3MP rear facing camera
- Redesigned ergonomic Y-shaped hand strap for easy carrying in both landscape and portrait modes
- Embedded wireless technologies including Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth and optional 4G LTE or 3G Gobi mobile broadband
- Flexible configuration options including the optional inclusion of a serial port, VGA (HDMI port comes standard) or modem port, as well as optional near field communications (NFC) or SmartCard reader for user authentication
- Ambient light, magnetic, acceleration and gyro sensors to enable new Windows 8 functionalities
- USB 3.0 ports include two backward-compatible USB 3.0 ports that allow file transfer speeds up to 10x faster than USB 2.0 port.
The Panasonic Toughbook C2 will be available in December and will retail for $2,949.
Request more info about this product / service / company
Be the first to comment on this story
Other Recent News
The armed Fairfield, Conn., man who prompted a lockdown Tuesday at the University of New...
Fewer people are applying to join the LAPD and, of those who do, a significantly higher...
As of Dec. 1, homicides have dropped 20 percent in the city, records show, while...
The city commission in tiny Vicco, Ky., approved a measure this week to begin paying the...
U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Steven Rhodes has ruled that pensions of city retirees can legally...