Avtec Inc. demonstrated its latest software release, Scout 2.4, at the 2012 Association of Public Safety Communications Officials (APCO) conference in Minneapolis, Minn., this week.
The software is now in controlled deployment to six customer sites, four of which are public safety end users. Scout 2.4 is a Project 25 (P25)-compliant solution that incorporates several elements that enhance connectivity capabilities, reporting, and the dispatchers' experience. With this release, Avtec introduces Scout with Frontier technology, a new software application that simplifies network deployment by eliminating multicast Internet Protocol (IP) traffic across wide area networks, according to the company.
"We understand the public safety market. We installed our first console solution in a public safety call center in 1991. Now, we have more than 100 public safety customers who rely on our technology to dispatch emergency services in mission-critical situations," said Michael Ridge, Avtec's director of product marketing.
Scout Reports is an optional tool that monitors voice traffic, call load, and channel use; and based on that data, allows call center managers to effectively allocate resources. Also available is the optionalScout Console API Software Development Kit (SDK) that includes tools, documentation, and samples that can be used to write, build, test and deploy computer-aided dispatch (CAD) applications to communicate with the Avtec Scout product suite.
Scout 2.4 features include:
- Pure alert tones for P25 radios that support tone specs
- Duplex radio support using Internet Protocols (IP)
- Expanded support for radio manufacturers' key fill devices
- Redundant automatic failover for P25 DFSI
- Audible and visual notification of input alarms for fire alarms, door entry, floods, etc.
- Supervisory "barge-in" capabilities
- Built-in Outpost support for (Motorola Data Communications) MDC1200 Signaling
- Enhanced support for computer-aided dispatch (CAD) tools
- New connectivity features for radios and SIP telephones
- Answerback tones
- Optional Scout with Frontier technology
Emergency response officials in Bonneville County, ID, selected New World Systems to...
The TacView 3.10 is a pole-mounted, IR/color camera that can help you search areas in full...
A Knox County, TN, deputy's body camera helped prove his innocence after he was accused of...
While city cops and firefighters participated in a much-touted terror drill at a Manhattan...
With marijuana legalization one big step closer to becoming a reality in Canada, a...