Harris Corp. has announced the immediate availability of Momentum, a complete communications solution for the growing North American Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) user community. Momentum is a scalable digital solution that offers feature-rich functionality over an open technology platform. This new family of Harris radios allows public safety, public service, municipal, utility and transportation agencies to meet the FCC's narrowbanding deadline.
"Momentum significantly extends the Harris portfolio of reliable communications solutions to an expanding community of users," says Steve Marschilok, president of Harris Public Safety and Professional Communications. "Momentum delivers what public agencies and private organizations require-an affordable, user-friendly, and resource-efficient DMR-based voice and data solution, backed by Harris, a recognized global leader in mission critical communications."
The Harris Momentum solution fully complies with DMR standards and leverages proven digital technology to provide cost-effective, highly-reliable communications. Momentum features include:
- Powerful standards-based TDMA products that are compatible with DMR Tier II (conventional) and Tier III (trunked) compliant systems
- IP connectivity to create cost-effective wide area networks
- Integrated GPS for fleet management applications and solutions
- Combination of high-performance specifications and features with an intuitive, user-centric interface in a lightweight, durable package
- Products that meet industry and military standards to provide dependable connections under challenging conditions
Available from the North American Harris dealer network, the Momentum line includes the following DMR standards-based, digital communications products:
- HDP150 Digital Portable Two-Way Radio: Featuring a large, full-color liquid crystal display, full system keypad and user-defined softkeys, the HDP150 portable radio is simple to operate and offers a cellphone-like user experience.
- HDM150 Digital Mobile Two-Way Radio: Designed with a large, full-color thin film transistor liquid crystal display, the HDM150 mobile radio also features a large multifunction volume and channel selector knob with a robust internal speaker or optional external speaker for use in high noise environments. When configured with an optional desktop microphone and power supply, the HDM150 can operate as a desktop control station.
- HDP100 Digital Portable Two-Way Radio: The lightweight portable voice radio offers efficient real-time communication and staff management.
- HDR100 Repeater: The HDR100 detects whether the signal received is analog or digital and transmits in the appropriate mode, providing an ideal solution for users transitioning from analog to digital operation. The HDR100 protects the user's investment by assuring compatibility with current analog systems and allows future migration to DMR systems.
Digital Ally has released new software updates for its local VuVault platform. Newly added...
Dallas Police say a growing number of predators who use social media and dating apps such...
The Dutch police have partnered with Guard From Above, a raptor training company based in...
Impact Power Technologies (IPT) won the Boston PD bid against five competitors for...
Utility, Inc. officially announced the Atlanta Department of Corrections has deployed...