The new GD8000 notebook computer by General Dynamics Itronix is now available for military personnel, field service workers, and first responders who require high-performance computing while working in extreme temperatures, humidity, dust and rain-soaked environments.
"Our customers told us that to perform their mission-critical duties, they needed a notebook that was more rugged, had longer battery run-time and was equipped with a display they could see in all lighting conditions. We responded by producing the GD8000, a unit with the industry's best drop protection, rain resistance, battery run-time, and display viewability," said John Schneider, business unit director for General Dynamics Itronix.
Engineered to operate in extreme conditions, the GD8000 kept working after multiple 42-inch drops onto a hard surface, operated in the rain for more than four hours, and successfully booted-up in freezing and scorching temperatures. Powered by the Intel low-voltage Core2Duo processing architecture, the GD8000 is housed in a user-friendly, ergonomic casing with a 13.3-inch DynaVue touchscreen display. The GD8000 delivers uncompromising performance from command centers, to helicopters, to tactical vehicles and everywhere in between.
GD8000 specifications overview
- Magnesium chassis and impact absorbing polycarbonate casing
- Hazardous Location Class 1 Division 2 (UL 1604)
- Operating temperature from -22ºF to 140ºF
Meets MIL-STD 810F including:
- Drop test from 42 inches onto plywood over concrete; 26 drops/1 unit
- Watertight–30 gallons of water blown at 40 mph over 4 hours while the unit is operating
- 13.3-inch DynaVue touchscreen display for outdoor/direct sunlight viewability
- Intel Core 2 Duo SL9400 processor, 120GB hard-drive, 4GB memory (DDR III)
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
- Ergonomic design, weighs 7.9 pounds fully equipped
- Optional backlit keyboard
- Integrated Gobi 2000 WWAN ready
- 10-hour battery life
- Integrated GPS and wireless connectivity with Wi-Fi (WLAN), optional high-powered WLAN and Bluetooth
- Fingerprint, Smartcard, and Super Password security
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 and optional embedded Computrace software
- EnergyStar and EPEAT certified
General Dynamics Itronix is a leading developer of wireless, rugged computing solutions for mobile workers, offering a full range of field computing systems including laptops, ultra mobile notebook PCs and tablet PCs. The company is part of General Dynamics C4 Systems, a business unit of General Dynamics.
For more information visit www.gd-itronix.com.