The new GD8000 notebook computer by General Dynamics Itronix is now available for military personnel, field service workers, and first responders who require high-performance computing while working in extreme temperatures, humidity, dust and rain-soaked environments.
"Our customers told us that to perform their mission-critical duties, they needed a notebook that was more rugged, had longer battery run-time and was equipped with a display they could see in all lighting conditions. We responded by producing the GD8000, a unit with the industry's best drop protection, rain resistance, battery run-time, and display viewability," said John Schneider, business unit director for General Dynamics Itronix.
Engineered to operate in extreme conditions, the GD8000 kept working after multiple 42-inch drops onto a hard surface, operated in the rain for more than four hours, and successfully booted-up in freezing and scorching temperatures. Powered by the Intel low-voltage Core2Duo processing architecture, the GD8000 is housed in a user-friendly, ergonomic casing with a 13.3-inch DynaVue touchscreen display. The GD8000 delivers uncompromising performance from command centers, to helicopters, to tactical vehicles and everywhere in between.
GD8000 specifications overview
- Magnesium chassis and impact absorbing polycarbonate casing
- Hazardous Location Class 1 Division 2 (UL 1604)
- Operating temperature from -22ºF to 140ºF
Meets MIL-STD 810F including:
- Drop test from 42 inches onto plywood over concrete; 26 drops/1 unit
- Watertight–30 gallons of water blown at 40 mph over 4 hours while the unit is operating
- 13.3-inch DynaVue touchscreen display for outdoor/direct sunlight viewability
- Intel Core 2 Duo SL9400 processor, 120GB hard-drive, 4GB memory (DDR III)
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
- Ergonomic design, weighs 7.9 pounds fully equipped
- Optional backlit keyboard
- Integrated Gobi 2000 WWAN ready
- 10-hour battery life
- Integrated GPS and wireless connectivity with Wi-Fi (WLAN), optional high-powered WLAN and Bluetooth
- Fingerprint, Smartcard, and Super Password security
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 and optional embedded Computrace software
- EnergyStar and EPEAT certified
General Dynamics Itronix is a leading developer of wireless, rugged computing solutions for mobile workers, offering a full range of field computing systems including laptops, ultra mobile notebook PCs and tablet PCs. The company is part of General Dynamics C4 Systems, a business unit of General Dynamics.
For more information visit www.gd-itronix.com.
The Justice Department's Monday announcement affects 106 state, city, municipal, and...
Motorola Solutions, a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and...
The new FAP60 thin film transistor (TFT) sensor from Crossmatch is designed to process FBI...
Kustom Signals, Inc. has announced the Eyewitness Vantage, Officer Worn Video in HD, is...
A Peoria, IL, man was sentenced Thursday to probation and released after spending 85 days...