In response to the increasing demand for full-function handheld PCs for the mobile field worker, Panasonic Computer Solutions Company has introduced the Panasonic Toughbook CF-U1, the first ultra mobile PC (UMPC) to integrate the new low power Intel Atom processor in a rugged handheld computer for use in the field.
With the introduction of the extremely portable Toughbook CF-U1, remote workers are able to connect to critical information and applications in real time, thus improving organizational efficiency, increasing information accuracy, and enabling field-based decision-making. The CF-U1 reinvents handheld computing by integrating robust features previously only available on a full size Toughbook PC in a rugged UMPC form factor that can be used anywhere.
Panasonic Toughbook CF-U1 Select Features and Specifications:
- Genuine Windows Vista Business with Service Pack 1 (with XP downgrade option)
- Intel Atom processor Z520 1.33GHz with 533MHz FSB, 512KB L2 cache
- 16GB solid state removable drive (32GB optional)
- 1GB memory
- 5.6" WSVGA sunlight viewable touchscreen (1024 x 600 resolution)
- Anti-reflective screen treatment
- LED backlighting
- Extremely rugged
- MIL-STD-810F and IP54 compliant
- 4 foot drop approved
- Magnesium alloy chassis encased with ABS and elastomer
- Removable solid state drive
- Sealed all-weather design
- Rain-, spill-, dust- and vibration-resistant
- Rotating hand strap
- Intel Wireless WiFi Link 5100 Series (802.11a/g/draft-n)
- Bluetooth v2.0 + EDR
- Interfaces: USB 2.0 x 1, SD Card x 1, Microphone x 1, Headphone x 1, Expansion Bus x 1
- Integrated options include 3G mobile broadband, integrated camera, fingerprint scanner, GPS, barcode or RFID readers
- Optional expansion modules for magnetic stripe reader & serial/ethernet/smartcard are expected in late 2008
- Approximately 9 hours of battery life
- 2.3 lbs (with strap and both batteries)
- 2.2" (H) x 7.2" (W) x 5.9" (D)
The Panasonic Toughbook CF-U1 UMPC will be available worldwide in August, 2008. In the United States, the base CF-U1 model is expected to be available at an estimated street price of $2,499 from authorized Panasonic resellers and distributors.
For more information visit www.panasonic.com/toughbook.
Hackers have attacked the City of Phoenix internet system and over the weekend caused a...
Dallas police officials said Monday that they will launch a Web page next month detailing...
Ford and Telogis will offer a factory telematics system to law enforcement agencies that's...
When Wynyard asked nearly 300 police chiefs, federal investigators, analysts, and other...
Based on successful public safety scenario trials and training officers to operate the...