In response to the increasing demand for full-function handheld PCs for the mobile field worker, Panasonic Computer Solutions Company has introduced the Panasonic Toughbook CF-U1, the first ultra mobile PC (UMPC) to integrate the new low power Intel Atom processor in a rugged handheld computer for use in the field.
With the introduction of the extremely portable Toughbook CF-U1, remote workers are able to connect to critical information and applications in real time, thus improving organizational efficiency, increasing information accuracy, and enabling field-based decision-making. The CF-U1 reinvents handheld computing by integrating robust features previously only available on a full size Toughbook PC in a rugged UMPC form factor that can be used anywhere.
Panasonic Toughbook CF-U1 Select Features and Specifications:
- Genuine Windows Vista Business with Service Pack 1 (with XP downgrade option)
- Intel Atom processor Z520 1.33GHz with 533MHz FSB, 512KB L2 cache
- 16GB solid state removable drive (32GB optional)
- 1GB memory
- 5.6" WSVGA sunlight viewable touchscreen (1024 x 600 resolution)
- Anti-reflective screen treatment
- LED backlighting
- Extremely rugged
- MIL-STD-810F and IP54 compliant
- 4 foot drop approved
- Magnesium alloy chassis encased with ABS and elastomer
- Removable solid state drive
- Sealed all-weather design
- Rain-, spill-, dust- and vibration-resistant
- Rotating hand strap
- Intel Wireless WiFi Link 5100 Series (802.11a/g/draft-n)
- Bluetooth v2.0 + EDR
- Interfaces: USB 2.0 x 1, SD Card x 1, Microphone x 1, Headphone x 1, Expansion Bus x 1
- Integrated options include 3G mobile broadband, integrated camera, fingerprint scanner, GPS, barcode or RFID readers
- Optional expansion modules for magnetic stripe reader & serial/ethernet/smartcard are expected in late 2008
- Approximately 9 hours of battery life
- 2.3 lbs (with strap and both batteries)
- 2.2" (H) x 7.2" (W) x 5.9" (D)
The Panasonic Toughbook CF-U1 UMPC will be available worldwide in August, 2008. In the United States, the base CF-U1 model is expected to be available at an estimated street price of $2,499 from authorized Panasonic resellers and distributors.
For more information visit www.panasonic.com/toughbook.
Ferguson Police are now wearing 50 donated body camera, expecting to outfit all of their...
Denver police on Wednesday said they hope to equip 800 officers, including all patrol and...
A New York Daily News article talks about the need for military-grade equipment for local...
Vigilant Solutions announced today that the Maryland State Police credit Vigilant's own...