SI Prizm MFrame - Oakley
Oakley Standard Issue has developed an array of contrast enhanced Prizm lenses...

Video: Ark. Man, 107, Shot at Officers Before Being Killed

November 25, 2013  |

VIDEO: Ark. Man, 107, Shot at Officers Before Being Killed

The Pine Bluff, Ark., officer who fired the shots that killed 107-year-old Monroe Isadore on Sept. 7 told the special prosecutors assigned to the case he did not know how many rounds he fired, but said he had no other choice, the Pine Bluff Commercial reports.

“We was taking fire,” Officer Brad Vilches said when he was interviewed by Special Prosecutor Jason Barrett, Special Deputy Prosecutor Jack McQuary and State Police Special Agent Lt. Scott Woodward on Sept. 26. “My teammates could not return fire and he was shooting at us and I feared for their lives. I mean, I stepped up and thought I could take care of the threat because I was in the door. I was the farthest one away and, uh, I had a gap. So I stepped out there and took away the threat.”

The Associated Press reported Friday that no criminal charges will be filed against the officers.

Tags: SWAT Tactics, Barricaded Suspects, Pine Bluff (Ark.) PD, Officer Involved Shootings

Vidman @ 11/26/2013 4:22 AM

What was the big rush to go in? Was he holding hostages?

Johnny Law @ 11/26/2013 8:20 AM

Humm......usually when you shoot at the police, they shoot back.

MattM @ 11/26/2013 10:39 AM

After hearing about this something told me that he was a man who knew time was short and, unfortunately, chose how he wanted to check out. This guy was over 100yo! Ya gotta remember that he lived most of his life in a time when society was segregated and African-Americans didn't always have the best community realtions wih the police. I will condemn him for putting cops lives in danger but that's how I think this played out.

S.S. @ 11/26/2013 12:42 PM

UHHH... C'mon vidman. He needed to stop the threat of him firing anymore rounds at other officers or the public. I take it your not l.e.

willie applewhite @ 11/30/2013 8:27 AM

this senior citizen should have known better than to shoot at the police, the police officer followed his training i see this incident to be a justifiable shooting officers have a right and duty to potect them self. good shooting officer,thank god no officers were hurt.

Rod @ 12/10/2013 7:09 PM