SI Prizm MFrame - Oakley
Oakley Standard Issue has developed an array of contrast enhanced Prizm lenses...

Ind. Deputy Wounded, K-9 Killed In Standoff

June 25, 2013  |

Photo courtesy of Indiana State Police.
Photo courtesy of Indiana State Police.

Two Indiana State Police SWAT teams ended a 10-hour standoff late Monday with an emotionally disturbed former firefighter, who surrendered after wounding a deputy and killing a police dog.

Joshua Priddy, 31, was being held on six felony charges Tuesday in a Clark County jail. Priddy was on the verge of losing his home in foreclosure, reports the Courier-Journal.

The incident began when Priddy's wife called the Sellersburg Police Department at 11:30 a.m., asking for help with her husband's "mental issues." When the Sellersburg PD's chief encountered Priddy, the subject ran into a nearby home and barricaded himself. Trooper Nathan Abbott and his K-9 Kilo entered the home, and Priddy fired, killing Kilo.

Two state police SWAT teams and the Clark County Sheriff's SWAT team responded to the scene. The suspect then fired at Clark County Sheriff's Deputy Chris Proctor and wounded him. Priddy also fired at a SWAT robot and disabled its surveillance camera, according to the state police.

Tags: K-9 Units, Indiana State Police, Barricaded Suspects, Domestic Disputes, Mentally Ill Subjects

Bob@Az. @ 6/25/2013 8:40 AM

To the Indiana State Police K-9 Officer, my sympathy on the loss of your partner and friend. And I sincerely hope Officer Proctor heals and comes back to the job. As for the pos that shot both, could not care less if he had a short, painful existence. Blues, Stay Safe.

Chuck @ 6/25/2013 3:08 PM

To the k9 officer, sorry to hear about your partner. My k9 wishes you and your family the very best

Ed Unis @ 6/26/2013 11:24 AM

My deepest sympathy for your friend and partner, wish you quick recovery.

Sgt. Mike @ 6/26/2013 8:10 PM

May the wounded heal quickly and completely, and the lost, rest.

TERRY F. ZECH (RET) VAPD @ 6/27/2013 1:22 PM

Rest in peace Kilo, you did your job to the ultimate sacrifice. To your partner are my condolences. I am a USN retired dog handler. I also have retired from the VAPD here in Detroit. Get back to work when you are ready partner. Stay safe. Hold the suspect accountable.

Regina Graves @ 6/27/2013 6:41 PM

Sincere condolences to the K9 officer. They are such special dogs! My husband is a K9 officer and we have one retired at our home and his new partner, nito at our home and I cannot imagine how terrible this is. I hope the shooter rots in hell. Rest in peace kilo.