The $1 million settlement awarded last week to Rickia Russell by the Minneapolis City Council follows lawsuits and payouts for people injured or killed by the devices in California, Michigan, New York and other states.
Last week, Minneapolis officials called Russell's injuries an accident and said they were reviewing the incident. In a statement, City Attorney Susan Segal said that since the raid, "the manufacturer of the [device] has changed the design to reduce the risk that the device will roll after being deployed."
Russell suffered third-degree burns to her legs in February 2010 when city police knocked down the door of her boyfriend's apartment and set off a flash-bang. While officers handcuffed Russell, her legs caught fire, nearly burning to the bone.
Read Full Story at: StarTribune.com
Two children and a teacher were shot by a gunman at an elementary school in Townville, SC....
5.11 Tactical refreshes the uniform using the latest fabrics and field-tested upgrades.
A flash-bang grenade tossed into a stash house in Hartford, CT, Tuesday night kicked up...