Chicago Officer's Death Attributed To Inhaling Cleaning Fluid
September 21, 2011
The unexpected death of a Chicago tactical officer in April was a result of his inhalation of cleaning fluid that had been sprayed on his desk by a janitor a month earlier.
The autopsy of Kevin Robinson, 42, shows he died of a lung illness from inhaling the noxious fumes. Robinson, a 15-year veteran of the department, died April 4.
Source: NBC Chicago.
Displaying 1 - 4 of 4
Janet @ 9/23/2011 7:02 AM
My prayers are with the family. The janitor should be educated on toxic cleaning fluids. He probably didn't have any idea this was harmful.
JM @ 9/23/2011 7:41 AM
It would be nice if they would let us know what the heck kind of cleaning fluid it was??? This is a terrible and unnecessary tragedy so let’s at least educate the rest of us so we can educate our custodians! This must be some nasty stuff to kill a man a month later.
T. Beyer @ 9/24/2011 1:26 PM
something doesn't sound right! he was the only one to be effected by this cleaning that took part two months ago? don't tell me the only desk that was cleaned was his if so then the janitor should be looked at more information is needed here. what was the product used? what is the product M.S.D.S sheet say?
Hugh Martin @ 9/25/2011 9:50 PM
Chicago needs to have a Chicagoan heading the police department rather than someone from NY!
Join the Discussion
Other Recent News
A manhunt is underway for a suspect who shot a Chattanooga, TN, police officer three times...
A bank robbery suspect who took hostages Thursday morning inside a Community First Credit...
Police searched several blocks of a neighborhood near Midway Airport with SWAT teams, a...
A robbery suspect exited a convenience store in La Mirada, CA, and opened fire on an L.A....
Police in San Antonio said Monday that they had arrested a man wanted in the ambush...