U.S. Marshal John Perry Killed In St. Louis

March 08, 2011  |

Screenshot via KMOX.

John Perry, a 48-year-old deputy U.S. Marshal, has succumbed to gunshot wounds sustained after a high-risk suspect opened fire in hum during an apprehension in St. Louis, Mo.

Perry, deputy U.S. Marshal Theodore Abegg, and a St. Louis Metro Police officer entered a residence before 7 a.m. today to arrest a fugitive wanted for assaulting a police officer and drug charges, reports Talking Points Memo.

The officers arrived at the South St. Louis home in the 3100 block of Osage St. with a warrant for Carlos Boles, who opened fire on the lawmen. Bowles, 35, fired from the second floor, striking Perry in the head. Abegg was shot in the ankle. The city officer was grazed by fire. Boles was found dead inside the home.

The marshals were taken to St. Louis University Hospital for treatment, reports the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Perry died at about 7 p.m. local time.

Witnesses reported hearing the man say he was "going out in a body bag." Following the shooting, SWAT officers arrived to secure the scene.

Read the full story at STLToday.com.

Screenshot via ballaz124.

Related:

VIDEO: Marshal Wounded In St. Louis Gunfight

Tags: U.S. Marshal Service, Assaults on Officers, Duty Deaths, Warrant Service

Steve Burle @ 3/9/2011 2:44 AM

I am a member of the SLMPD, and have been for 21 and 1/2 years. I have seen a lot in my career, however the recent outburst of gunfire against our Officers, and Law Enforcement in general has gone way to far. In this case the COWARD that the Officers were attempting to arrest simply ambushed them as they made entry. Please keep these Officers, their families, and all men and women in Law Enforcement in your prayers on a daily basis!!! RIP Marshal Perry, you may be gone but you will never be forgotten!!!!!!!!!

dhammond @ 3/9/2011 3:57 AM

For we and it shall be remembered for all time;

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;

For he today that sheds his blood with me

Shall be my brother

RIP Marshal Perry

Craig Brockman @ 3/9/2011 6:20 AM

RIP my brother! Condolences to the family, and the US Marshal's office. This has to stop - the cuffs need to be taken off OUR hands - let US do the job without kid gloves!

Craig Brockman

ret NYPD

BT @ 3/9/2011 7:59 AM

If you read the STLToday story, you will see that this is another example of why St Louis is a stinking pit full of uppity pre-humans full of rightious indignation. This simian should have been eaten by the beast that birthed him years ago. Instead, this walking P.O.S. died taking the life of a good man. God be with you Marshall Perry, your family, friends and brothers in arms! We shall overcome!

Joe @ 3/9/2011 10:41 AM

Swat should have been there to start not afterward. I wasn't there so I don't know but maybe more planning was needed.

The world is a better place for what you did. my family is safer without that pos afoot. THANK YOU to all those officers involved

D Paul @ 3/9/2011 5:13 PM

Shoulder to shoulder for Marshall Perry. The "other side of the coin" is that indeed there is an "upswing in violence" against the "thin blue line". It is noticeable and well planned throughout the entire nation. It has to be analyzed and attacked. Without a doubt, something is "fueling" this problem. It is linked to a socialist feeling that the current society is prejudiced against particular left wing groups. Certain religious groups are sympathetic and as a Navy veteran Catholic, I insinuate the worst.

Michael @ 3/11/2011 11:10 PM

Assaulting LEO has become something we hear way to offen. I think that most of these scumbags have no fear of going to jail or even getting caught anymore. To harm or kill a cop is a status for them in prison and with our liberal courts, most will get a life term vs death sentence. I can't believe the public does not demand Death for these scumbags. I pray for my fellow brother and his family.