Autonomous Robots Prevent Crime

Ask The Expert

Stacy Dean Stephens

VP Marketing & Sales

The Law Officer's Pocket Manual - Bloomberg BNA
This handy 4" x 6" spiral-bound manual offers examples showing how rules are...

2 Florida Deputies Killed in Apparent Ambush at Restaurant

April 19, 2018  |

Two sheriff’s deputies were shot and killed Thursday in a restaurant in Trenton, FL, in what appeared to be an ambush, officials said.

The Gilchrist County deputies died "after a suspect walked up" to the Ace China restaurant around 3 p.m. "and shot both deputies through the window," the Alachua County Sheriff's Office said in a statement made on behalf of the Gilchrist County Sheriff's Office. "As fellow deputies responded to the scene, they found the shooter deceased outside the business, and both Deputy Sheriffs where they died of their wounds."

There is no clear motive, reports Fox News.

Trigger @ 4/19/2018 5:28 PM

What the hell is going on.

Pat H. @ 4/19/2018 5:59 PM

Sounds more like an execution to me!

Chris hughes @ 4/19/2018 7:26 PM

We all know what's going on. It's the breakdown of the families. I'm a white male from cape cod Massachusetts. IQ of 130 no father in the home, smoking crack at 15 years old. The biggest problem is the war on drugs. I'd have never been introduced into drugs or the gangster lifestyle, if I wasn't able to make $3k a week at 15. I've had steady jobs for 14 years the most I've earned in my adult life was $40k a year and I Excell in my field earning $25 an hour as a landscaper. Imagine the impact the gangster lifestyle and $10k cash on hand could have on a less intelligent person. I'd have never stopped being a gangster if I never found role models and responsibilities to guide myself to manhood. The media is in an all out war against police. They have 24/7 brainwashing through the hip-hop culture. That gives them the moral obligation to attack police, or at least they feel an advantage in society and a boost in reputation. I went to DY high school #gannonstrong

David McConnaughey @ 4/20/2018 4:23 AM

I''d argue with Chris Hughes, but I don't have an argument. He's lived it & seen both sides in both worlds. He's pretty much covered all the nitty gritty truths of the situation. Most everything he mentioned save the war on drugs, was brought to you by the wonderful world of liberalism. The road to hell really is paved with good intentions and liberals excel at it. Thank you Chris, and good for you sir!

Larry @ 4/20/2018 6:14 AM

It isn't hard to figure out, the last administrations total hate for law enforcement. I was a LEO Sergeant for ten years during that administration. He openly called officers "stupid" for stopping a black "professor" that happened to be a "friend". And it went down hill from there. We could only arrest ILLEGAL ALIENS if they committed, or had committed a serious crime, often we called ICE and were told to "document" they're name, address and other pertinent info, and release them. It is a WAR against the police, with regular assassinations' of officers!!

Skiman94 @ 4/20/2018 7:23 AM

It is the breakdown of the families. A lot of the knuckleheads I put in jail in the last 20 years have broken homes. It's also an amoral society. But sometimes, people just come out of the womb wrong. I also put plenty of folks in jail who grew up like I wish I could have.

Jon Retired LEo @ 4/20/2018 12:29 PM

Good posts everyone. Not much that I can except I fully agree with the previous administration's demonizing of the police and most of it started with Ferguson.