Dynamic Plaques - FVT Plaques
FVT Plaques is introducing new dynamic plaques to recognize police and sheriff's...

Video: Nevada Lawmaker Says Citizens can Point Guns at Officers when Officers Point Guns at Them

May 03, 2016  |

VIDEO: Nevada Lawmaker Says Citizens can Point Guns at Officers when Officers Point Guns at Them

Nevada Assemblywoman Michele Fiore (R), who is currently seeking her party’s nomination for an open U.S. House seat, says she believes the right to self defense includes the right to aim your gun at anyone who aims a gun at you, even if the other person is a law enforcement officer.

In an interview with a local TV station last Sunday, Fiore attacked the federal Bureau of Land Management (BLM) as “a bureaucrat agency of terrorism.”

Pressed by KLAS-8 host Steve Sebelius about whether she believes the Second Amendment grants citizens the right to point a weapon at a “duly authorized law enforcement officer who is just out there doing his job,” she said that self-defense includes the right to aim back at anyone who points a gun at you first — and to put your own life ahead of theirs, ThinkProgress reports.

“I would never ever point my firearm at anyone, including an officer of the law, unless they pointed their firearm at me,” Fiore explained. But, the assemblywoman continued, “once you point your firearm at me, I’m sorry, then it becomes self-defense. Whether you’re a stranger, a bad guy, or an officer, and you point your gun at me and you’re gonna shoot me and I have to decide whether it’s my life or your life, I choose my life.”

Dtown @ 5/3/2016 1:41 PM

She just wants to go home at the end of her shift to her family.

Sheriffs Explorer Sgt. @ 5/3/2016 1:49 PM

So if I'm on a traffic stop and this idiot hops out of his car with a glock in his hand and I pull my gun and order him to drop it, then he has the right to point his gun at me without being charged with a crime or getting shot.??? Its all political.

Tim @ 5/3/2016 4:59 PM

Bless her little heart. She is one of those people that warning labels are written for.

An Officer Somewhere @ 5/3/2016 5:01 PM

It's not political, it idiotic and dangerous! I hope never to run into her. I will be scrutinized, my name will be in the paper as a murderer in blue. My family will have to move, because this imbecile thought it was her right to attempt to raise her gun at a cop.

Sean @ 5/3/2016 5:07 PM

Awww, isn't she adorable?!?!? With her logic, I don't see any reason why she couldn't make it in politics!

OK then @ 5/3/2016 5:27 PM

This is what you get when one speaks w/o thinking. That or she really doesn't like her career in politics and he exit strategy is to make asinine statements to get voted out.

Don @ 5/3/2016 5:30 PM

She's suicidal!!

Rushdi Cader @ 5/3/2016 5:35 PM

Someone call a gastroenterologist with a colonoscope... This lady has her head so far up it will require a professional to extract it!

This is what happens when right wing anti-government radicals actually get into office. These people number in the 100's of 1000's in the US, and along with the Soveriegns, Neonazi's and Overseas radicals represent the greatest threat to our officers today.

notmeofficer @ 5/3/2016 6:21 PM

Please.. Here is where we as police can stand up and do something... To apply appropriate pressure in a campaign against her until she retracts her stupidity and admits her mistake.

If anyone knows of a campaign against he please share it
Lasd

Quinn @ 5/3/2016 6:27 PM

What she says has some truth, no one wants to hear it

Dave @ 5/3/2016 6:39 PM

Quinn,
Your comment is somehow, unbelievably, dumber than hers. I hope you're trying to be funny, but unfortunately I'm guessing you really believe what you typed.

Joe Smith @ 5/3/2016 6:49 PM

WOW! Zero respect for law enforcement or the law. I hope the video goes viral so the voters can see for themselves what they would be in for if elected! Can you imagine the daily chaos if every time a cop pulled his weapon everyone else did too!

John @ 5/3/2016 9:08 PM

This idiot needs to remove herself from the gene pool. By whatever means necessary. And apparently, so does Quinn.

Elcapitaine @ 5/4/2016 1:24 AM

Only word that comes to mind "cabron" !!

Mike McGuigan @ 5/4/2016 4:43 AM

This idiot is a prime example of what is wrong with society.

Mike McGuigan @ 5/4/2016 4:45 AM

This idiot is a prime example of what is wrong with society. I would like to know what life experience she has to defend such an abserd statement.

5 Baltimore Officers Facing Discipline Over Freddie Gray Incident, 3 Could be Fired
The three who face firing are Officer Caesar Goodson, who was driving the van where an...
Off-Duty LAPD Officer Helps Subdue Unruly Passenger on Hawaii-Bound Flight
A Turkish student could face federal charges for purportedly trying to enter the cockpit...
Michigan Officer Rescues Man from Apartment Fire
A Kalamazoo, MI, police officer rescued an unresponsive man from a fire that extensively...
Man Gets 2 Life Sentences for Ambush Killings of Iowa Officers
During a hearing at the Polk County (Iowa) Courthouse Friday morning, Scott Michael...
Video: TX Deputy Chiefs Demoted for Leaking Body Cam Footage of Controversial Arrest
Two high-ranking Fort Worth, TX, police officials were demoted from department command...