FREE e-Newsletter
Important News - Hot Topics
Get them Now!

Compression Tactical Bra - Cheata Tactical
Patented technology is designed to provide the stability of 2-3 sports bras,...

Top News

Video: South Carolina Officer Killed in Crash of Two Patrol Cars

November 09, 2015  | 

VIDEO: South Carolina Officer Killed in Crash of Two Patrol Cars

A four-year veteran of the Columbia Police Department was killed in a crash while responding to a shots fired call on Saturday night.

Columbia Police Chief Skip Holbrook said 37-year-old Stacy L. Case died as a result of injuries sustained in a crash with a University of South Carolina Police Department SUV at the intersection of College and Park Streets at about 10:15 p.m. on Saturday.

Officer Case was responding to a report of shots fired at Gervais and  Lincoln Streets at the time. The incident was later determined to be a suicide.

Chief Holbrook said Officer Case was taken by EMS to Palmetto Health Richland Hospital where she died.

A University of South Carolina spokesperson tells WIS USCPD officer Sgt. Allan Bolin is in stable condition with non-life threatening injuries.


Comments (2)

Displaying 1 - 2 of 2

kevCopAz @ 11/9/2015 3:56 PM

Breaks my heart, almost lost two brothers at once. Take it from an "old guard" cop, please young or new cops...please take care in responding to calls. 90% of the time the call is NOT what dispatch says it is, we all know how inaccurate many 9-1-1 callers can be. The other 10% of the calls the suspect/offender is gone anyway so don't kill yourself getting to the scene. This goes not only for the type of call and its severity but descriptions of suspects cars etc. We all know most information relied via radio or MDT is not the full story, or even related to what really happened. When responding to a call always remember, as I was taught by a real old guard FTO..."kid if you don't get there the citizen or the officer you are backing up are plain screwed,(other word used) so remember, get there in one piece or you don't help nobody and just make things worse". Words I lived by and helped me to stay alive to retirement.

[email protected] @ 11/10/2015 2:31 PM

Kevin, well said. We lose too many fine LEOs due to TAs while responding. It's almost like they forget what they've been taught. Yeah, we all know that rush but we're losing way too many. Blues, Stay Safe.

Join the Discussion





POLICE Magazine does not tolerate comments that include profanity, personal attacks or antisocial behavior (such as "spamming" or "trolling"). This and other inappropriate content or material will be removed. We reserve the right to block any user who violates this, including removing all content posted by that user.

Other Recent News

Spain's Terrorist Attacks Part of Same Large-scale Plot
Authorities across Europe mounted a manhunt for those involved in a large-scale terrorist...
Video: VA Rescue Crew Uses Drones to Help Rescue Man Trapped by Tree
Members of the Danville Life Saving Crew and Pittsylvania County (VA) Sheriff's Office...
Louisiana to Review 16,000 Prison Sentences as Criminal Justice Reform Takes Effect
Louisiana's Public Safety and Corrections officials are reviewing the sentences of 16,000...
Video: Off-Duty CA Deputy Saves Choking 3-Year-Old Boy
An off-duty deputy with the Riverside County Sheriff's Department is being credited with...
Chief Says Phoenix Police on "Maximum Staffing" for Tuesday's Trump Event
Phoenix Police Chief Jeri Williams issued a statement Tuesday, assuring the public that...

Get Your FREE Trial Issue and Win a Gift! Subscribe Today!
Yes! Please rush me my FREE TRIAL ISSUE of POLICE magazine and FREE Officer Survival Guide with tips and tactics to help me safely get out of 10 different situations.

Just fill in the form to the right and click the button to receive your FREE Trial Issue.

If POLICE does not satisfy you, just write "cancel" on the invoice and send it back. You'll pay nothing, and the FREE issue is yours to keep. If you enjoy POLICE, pay only $25 for a full one-year subscription (12 issues in all). Enjoy a savings of nearly 60% off the cover price!

Offer valid in US only. Outside U.S., click here.
It's easy! Just fill in the form below and click the red button to receive your FREE Trial Issue.
First Name:
Last Name:
Rank:
Agency:
Address:
City:
State:
  
Zip Code:
 
Country:
We respect your privacy. Please let us know if the address provided is your home, as your RANK / AGENCY will not be included on the mailing label.
E-mail Address:

Police Magazine