FREE e-Newsletter
Important News - Hot Topics
Get them Now!

Dynamic Plaques - FVT Plaques
FVT Plaques is introducing new dynamic plaques to recognize police and sheriff's...

Legally Defensible Training Records

Ask The Expert

Ari Vidali

CEO and Founder of Envisage Technologies

Top News

FLEOA Commends McConnell for Proposal to Fund DHS

February 25, 2015  | 

Today, the Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association (FLEOA) announced its praise for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's proposal to fund the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Funding for DHS will expire on February 27, unless Congress passes an appropriations bill.

"I'd like to commend Majority Leader McConnell for ending this fatal game of chicken that otherwise left our homeland vulnerable in the back seat of the competing vehicles," stated Jon Adler, FLEOA National President. Adler added, "Putting a legislative gun to the head of our homeland security and holding it hostage is a reckless plan for addressing immigration concerns."

If the funding for DHS expires, 90% of the DHS workforce would be required to work without pay, while the other 10% are placed on furlough.

Unfortunately, mortgage payments and other critical living expenses won't take pause to accommodate our brave men and women working without pay. Additionally, violent criminals may seek to exploit any vulnerabilities in our homeland security that may result from a funding stoppage.

FLEOA is optimistic that cooler minds and not playground tantrums will rule the day on the Hill and ensure DHS continues to be funded. "Our members working for the USSS, ICE, TSA/FAMS, FLETC, FPS, CGIS, FEMA, OIG, and CBP are real people accepting real risks, and they deserve to be compensated for their steadfast commitment to homeland security," stated Adler.

Concurrent with any lapse in DHS' funding, there will be no commensurate lapse in criminals’ funding. FLEOA hopes the full Congress will embrace Majority Leader McConnell's proposal and ensure the continued safety of our homeland.

About FLEOA

The Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association (www.fleoa.org) is the largest nonprofit, nonpartisan professional association that exclusively represents over 26,000 active and retired federal law enforcement officers from over 65 agencies.


Comments (1)

Displaying 1 - 1 of 1

kevCopAz @ 2/26/2015 8:58 PM

its all about your own paycheck as far as the FLEOA is concerned. If they cared about the Constitution and the rule of Law they would have been up in arms over Obama and Holder's way of "enforcing" (NOT) the laws on immigration. The FLEOA is complacent in the destruction of the rule of law and are just whores for a paycheck. They should be ashamed.

Join the Discussion





POLICE Magazine does not tolerate comments that include profanity, personal attacks or antisocial behavior (such as "spamming" or "trolling"). This and other inappropriate content or material will be removed. We reserve the right to block any user who violates this, including removing all content posted by that user.

Other Recent News

Forensic Scientists Help Las Vegas Detectives Link Impounded Guns to Unsolved Crimes
Las Vegas (NV) Metropolitan Police Department forensic scientists are working around the...
At Least 4 Dead in London Terror Attack, Police Officer Fatally Stabbed
An apparent terror attack outside Parliament plunged London into turmoil on Wednesday,...
Video: FL Homeowner Told to Remove Police Support Flag Because It's "Racist"
A St. Johns County, FL, homeowners association has told a woman she must take down a "Blue...
Tampa Officers Exchange Fire with Suspect on Bicycle
According to police, officers stopped a bicyclist around 1 a.m. near the corner of N...
Oregon Trooper Rescues Injured Eagles
A pair of injured bald eagles in Gold Beach, OR, were recently rescued by an Oregon state...

Get Your FREE Trial Issue and Win a Gift! Subscribe Today!
Yes! Please rush me my FREE TRIAL ISSUE of POLICE magazine and FREE Officer Survival Guide with tips and tactics to help me safely get out of 10 different situations.

Just fill in the form to the right and click the button to receive your FREE Trial Issue.

If POLICE does not satisfy you, just write "cancel" on the invoice and send it back. You'll pay nothing, and the FREE issue is yours to keep. If you enjoy POLICE, pay only $25 for a full one-year subscription (12 issues in all). Enjoy a savings of nearly 60% off the cover price!

Offer valid in US only. Outside U.S., click here.
It's easy! Just fill in the form below and click the red button to receive your FREE Trial Issue.
First Name:
Last Name:
Rank:
Agency:
Address:
City:
State:
  
Zip Code:
 
Country:
We respect your privacy. Please let us know if the address provided is your home, as your RANK / AGENCY will not be included on the mailing label.
E-mail Address:

Police Magazine