Compression Tactical Bra - Cheata Tactical
Patented technology is designed to provide the stability of 2-3 sports bras,...

2 NYPD Officers Shot Dead "Execution Style" in Their Patrol Car

December 20, 2014  |

Two uniformed NYPD officers were shot dead — execution style — as they sat in their marked police car on a Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn, street corner.

According to preliminary reports, both officers were working overtime as part of an anti-terrorism drill when they were shot point-blank by a single gunman who approached their car at the corner of Myrtle and Tompkins avenues.

"It’s an execution," one law enforcement source told The New York Post of the 3 p.m. shooting.

The gunman just started “pumping bullets” into the patrol car, another source said.

The suspected gunman fled to a nearby subway station at Myrtle and Willoughby avenues, where he was fatally shot. Preliminary reports were unclear on whether he was shot by police or his own hand.

Steven LaFountain @ 12/20/2014 2:11 PM

My condolences to the officers family. My heart and thoughts go out to them. To the officers who died in the line of duty, you will not be forgotten for your services and dedication. Rest in peace, my brothers!

Joe @ 12/20/2014 2:12 PM

Wonder what the hands up idiots will have to say now?

Ret. NYPD @ 12/20/2014 2:17 PM

Let's see the protests!!! Let's see The Rev. Al..... It has to stop.

Jack @ 12/20/2014 2:18 PM

Hope they keep Deblasio in another zip code during the funerals.

luis cruz @ 12/20/2014 2:34 PM

my heart go out too those officer who die in the line of duty.luiscruz former u.s.army military police officer

j @ 12/20/2014 2:39 PM

Divide and conquer. A terrorist attact is coming, this country is at or near a weak piont. Our enemy smells it. To occupied fighting and killing that protect and serve. Blue and brown, watch your 6...

Mac @ 12/20/2014 2:55 PM

Remind Deblasio he's not welcome!

Chief101 @ 12/20/2014 2:57 PM

This falls directly in the laps of Obama Holder and AL Sharpton..has Obama came out and said anything.has Holder showed up at the widows home to express his outrage...no he gas not and never will.
Gutless Bastards..

darryl @ 12/20/2014 3:03 PM

my heart goes out to the office as a former officer I know what you are going thru these days. Both are in my prayers.

Eddie Pereira @ 12/20/2014 3:08 PM

Enough is enough ... We need to take off the gloves and stop all this political correctness b.s. God Bless these officers and the families they leave mourning ...

Charlie Blalock @ 12/20/2014 3:20 PM

May God Bless and comfort the family and members of the NYPD. Rest in peace my Brothers. ..See you at roll call.

GI joe @ 12/20/2014 3:24 PM

They were sitting in their car not doing a thing....it's time these dems pack it up or stand up for "real" justice!

Tschako @ 12/20/2014 3:28 PM

You could see this coming, and there are more coming. This is what all the protesters really want, and there are enough unbalanced loons among them to carry it out. Don't give up; the pendelum will swing back it always does.

Dr. Rushdi Cader @ 12/20/2014 5:10 PM

Condolences to each of their families. Unfortunately, with current events a uniform is even more of a target. All LEO's should take extra precautions as this anti-LE is on the rise. Also now more than ever, officers need to be supported by the communities that they protect. Unbridled and irresponsible speech leads to heinous acts like this one.

Dr. Rushdi Cader @ 12/20/2014 5:21 PM

And from our end, cool heads must prevail - it is not a time to ramp up angry speech, like "pulling gloves off". Such words will only misrepresent those officers and what the LE community is about. Now is a time to build assets in all communities and support for LE as heros and protectors of our community and nation.

Every department should invest time and resources in positive local efforts to give an accurate image of who we are, and what we do on a daily basis to keep everyone safe.

To the officers who gave their lives for this nation: you will not be forgotten, and the criminal/s who committed this assasination will be brought to justice!

See you on the other side.

Dr. Rushdi Cader @ 12/20/2014 5:33 PM

The shooter/s will be caught and spend a lifetime in jail before going to Hell. And our officers are already in heaven!

.Mark @ 12/20/2014 5:35 PM

Such a sad and uncalled for Act . Brought on by and world the entertained by protest. THE MEDIA NEEDSTO LEARN WHEN TO STOP AIDING TO THE PROBLEM. Their are many sick sick people out there that are fuel by people like Al Sharpton and Jessee Jackson. Weather they be black or white. All they need is the push.

Jingcha @ 12/20/2014 5:52 PM

Police mag, please ban osie cotton. Are you effing kidding me? I'll execute them myself. Just give me the address his IP returns to.

M.L. @ 12/20/2014 5:55 PM

Osie cotton: its comments like that which show pure ignorance. I truly hope that one day you are put in a situation where you need an officers help. You are such a coward, you will call them to fight for you, even though you hide behind a fake screen name and chastise them. Speaking of two officers that were brutally murdered the way you did will hopefully land you in hell. The problem with society is ignorant uneducated individuals like yourself. I hope ill will is cast upon you and when it does, please do us all a favor and don't call the police. My prayers go out to the family and friends of the officers in this grave time.

Old VA lawdog @ 12/20/2014 8:04 PM

R.I.P brothers. To Osie and the fake kevCopAz, how about both of you take really long walks off of short piers.

UncleMike @ 12/20/2014 8:11 PM

My Department's Physician once told me;
"The definition of Paranoia for a Police Officer is; A heightened sense of reality."
In these times that is an indisputable fact....
You active duty People must always be aware of your surroundings and whom is inside of your threat space.

JL @ 12/20/2014 10:26 PM

It's ignorant, self-absorbed cowards like "osie cotton", "original lawdog" and the second "jingcha" that are what's wrong with our culture today--no appreciation or respect for those who stand between the bad guys and everyone else. Those of us who go out every day and night with that badge and gun do so knowing it could very well be our last--and our families know that just as well. These sorry pieces of trash need to know what it's like to be in our shoes for once, to be in constant fear for their lives and having to make split-second decisions that could mean life or death--decisions that will be torn apart and scrutinized for days by lawyers, judges, jurors and the media.

Jingcha @ 12/20/2014 10:38 PM

JL thanks for noticing the second jingcha isn't me.

Ima Leprechaun @ 12/20/2014 11:22 PM

What a cowardly attack. RIP brother's.

Terry Zech @ 12/21/2014 5:20 AM

We need to start executing suspects the kill please officers with no remorse and if they kill people blatantly with no remorse they do not deserve to live

Randy @ 12/21/2014 8:24 AM

Unfortunately there is probably going to be more that follow this cowards lead... Society has changed so radically in just the last 6 months and is not likely to change course anytime soon. I hope I'm wrong, don't really believe I am, but it's looking like things are going to get much worse before they get better. There's an entire mentality of people who simply just don't get it and believe they are justified in this outward defiance. This view is gaining momentum amongst the entitlement crowd. There will be a breaking point my Brothers and Sisters in uniform. I pray your mindset is right and you are able to survive what we are facing. Do what you have to do in order to make it home each day to your families. Remember your tactics, remember your training, don't let anyone approach you without a plan to kill them if needed. Smile at them and be polite but don't hesitate to "handle your business" swiftly if they request it from you. Please remember that the majority of society is on Law Enforcements side and this minority (not racial groups) , but this small number of people who are acting this way don't speak for the masses. More of the "silent majority" who had taken a back seat are not so quiet any longer. I have had more people in the last few months buy lunch and thank me than I'd ever had before. The masses get it... And they are growing tired of the 2% getting 98% of the resources mentality. There will be a change... And with that change I see casualties on both ends. But the good will prevail. That's what we do! Please pray for each other and be safe out there!

Jim @ 12/21/2014 11:23 AM

Great comment, Randy. Thanks!

Bill Kiep @ 12/21/2014 12:52 PM

People need to know we have a very hard job to do. To keep them safe. RIP my brothers

Randy @ 12/22/2014 5:42 AM

I detect a lot of anger from you "flying dutch man". Well... The numbers are simple. US population is 320 million. 2% of that is 6.4 million. So I certainly apologize for giving the protesters more credit than they deserve at 2%. I was way too generous. There is no where near 6.4 million protesters. Let's see, what would 2% of 6.4 million be? Uh, it's 128,000. I don't even believe there has been 128,000 protesters. So... I stand corrected, the actual numbers are "not even 2% of 2% of the US population". Does anyone wearing the uniform out here see this rant from "flying dutch man" comparable to the guy we write a reduced citation to although they were actually 20 plus over. You cut them a break for the higher violation and drop it to the lower out of "roadside courtesy" and they still aren't happy... Although you think I deserve dying, and that's certainly your right that I will actually defend, I will still get up from my hot breakfast this morning and come help you. Because that's what we do Sir. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a safe one... Please know that your Christmas is safe because of those officers blocking intersections for Rudolf to guide Santa to your home. : )

Randy @ 12/22/2014 7:15 AM

Oh... Okay, thanks for the tutorial Sir. I hope at some point you can have an intelligent conversation without having to call names. It's okay, I'm able to decipher through those things and see an individual's actual points being made but for some reason I'm not finding any points being made other than me a white trash cunt pig... Is that right?

Randy @ 12/22/2014 7:29 AM

Sir, what specifically happened to you in your life to make you have some much hatred. I apologize for this happening to you. Please talk to us on this forum. We would like to help you, as we want to do with all people. I'm genuinely concerned for you Sir.

TC @ 12/22/2014 9:29 AM

Those who demonize law enforcement are also to blame for this cowardly act.

My prayers are with the families of those officers and others that protect us daily.

Capt. Crunch @ 12/22/2014 11:04 AM

This was a cowardly attack and I feel the mayor of New York City should step down.

krisnlc @ 12/23/2014 7:39 AM

The person to blame is the person who did the shooting. Not Obama, or Holder or all the other people who voice an opinion either welcomed or unwelcomed.. America is about self-expression, even though we may not like what people say or protest, those are the rights that are being protected by the military and law enforcement each day. This is a tragic circumstance and hope this person rots in hell for what he has done to those two officers... saying that, all the LEO's that can only respond by saying silly things like "the gloves are off" and are related stuff, might be the reason why this is going in the direction it is developing into. For those officers who remain in uniform, stay level headed, stay alert, be safe, keep yourself and your partners alive, but dont blame the american way or liberal politicians, but decide if this is the job you wish to do even in the face of liberal change and bumpy roads...if not get out now, you have that choice, or keep on protecting and serve!