The Law Officer's Pocket Manual - Bloomberg BNA
This handy 4" x 6" spiral-bound manual offers examples showing how rules are...

New Jersey Officer Charged with Shooting Patrol Car

November 21, 2014  |

A Winslow Township, N.J., police officer has been charged for allegedly shooting his own patrol car, authorities in Camden County announced Friday.

Da'Shaun Carr, 23, of Clayton, was charged Nov. 17 with false public alarm in the incident that occurred Oct. 3 at 8 p.m. at New Brooklyn Park in Winslow.

According to prosecutors, Carr activated an emergency button in his patrol car and indicated over police radio that it had been fired upon, according to prosecutors.

Officers with the Winslow Township Police Department, New Jersey State Police, Camden County Sheriff's Office and Camden County Prosecutor's Office responded to the incident, authorities say.

Investigators believe Carr used a personal handgun to shoot the vehicle from the outside, prosecutors say, and ballistic testing results are pending.

Capt. Crunch @ 11/22/2014 10:53 PM

Back in the 1980's I use to patrol with a Dodge Diplomat and believe me I felt like shooting it.

HRPufnstuf @ 11/23/2014 12:47 PM

A Dodge Diplomat? Ahahahaha! Can't blame you there!

Ima Leprechaun @ 11/23/2014 5:23 PM

The best car I ever drove was a 1977 Chevy Impala. Fast, safe and easy to handle. But then came the cheap Chrysler's, Dodges and Fords. Chrysler used to be the worst with serious brake heating problems. Heat them up in a pursuit and they go bye-bye. Or the Dodges that had a bad tendency to go straight when you turned the steering wheel, that can be a big surprise at a "T" intersection. I suspect though this guy shot his car to "fake" an attack on him for some personal glory reason. So sad for him.

mike @ 11/24/2014 7:28 AM

Anyone remember the Chevy Novas???? Even taxi cab companies wouldn't drive them!!!!!

Dave Lain @ 11/25/2014 8:26 AM

HR and Ima... I have you BOTH beat. When I worked for a municipal PD, one BRILLIANT idea in the 80's was to equip us with Chrysler K cars! (You don't remember them? There are many reasons you don't see them anymore.)

Ima Leprechaun @ 11/26/2014 10:51 AM

I drove K cars too. I didn't mention them because thankfully we only had them for six months, they were such crap. One of the best urban police cars we had was the Chevy Malibu. It was fast but the rear end was very light so you had to factor that in while you were driving but it was the only car that can make a u-turn on a two lane road without backing up. The Malibu was our designated Sergeant's car. I have driven at lot of crappy dangerous police cars but I loved my 1977 Chevy Impala. We had a gumball machine on top of the Impala and when you hit the breaks and backed up, the light would stop and rotate backwards too. You don't have to be crazy to be a cop but it helps.