The Law Officer's Pocket Manual - Bloomberg BNA
This handy 4" x 6" spiral-bound manual offers examples showing how rules are...

Video: Arizona Motor Officer Killed in Hit-and-Run

October 31, 2014  |

VIDEO: Arizona Motor Officer Killed in Hit-and-Run

A Chandler, Ariz., motor officer was killed on duty in a wreck Friday morning, marking the second time in a week that the agency has lost an officer in a motorcycle collision.

Police said Officer David Payne, 37, was sitting on his police motorcycle at a red light at about 12:40 a.m. Friday when a car rear-ended him at the intersection of Chandler Boulevard and Pennington Drive.

Payne was taken to a hospital where he died less than an hour later, AZCentral.com reports.

Police arrested Tempe resident Brian Yazzie, 31, on suspicion of manslaughter and hit-and-run for his role in the collision, said Sgt. Joe Favazzo, a Chandler police spokesman.

Larry Romero @ 11/1/2014 8:23 AM

My prayers and thoughts for Officer Payne and his family at this time. Special prayers for the Chandler Police Department also at this time. God love all law enforcement as they go to work each day.

Larry Romero
Peer Support
Santa Clara Police Department
Santa Clara, Ca.

aj horting @ 11/1/2014 9:26 AM

As a former motors supervisor of 10 years I had pissed off the holy leaders repeatedly arguing for additional running lights on our HD Road Kings that would grab the attention of the idiot driving public. The motots need more LED running lights to grab the motoring public & But of course it didn't help. I'm glad to see HD is finally adding additional LED lighting to the rear of their new bikes.

TheRookie @ 11/1/2014 1:13 PM

R.I.P. Officer D. Payne. May your direct & departmental family find some peace of mind in the coming hours, days, weeks, & months.
Motor Officer stay safe out there. Saw to many Officers in Denver/Metro-Area hurt. The people at night can't see in front of their own nose let alone when they're drunk/stoned. Need to have lights all over the Motor Unit(s).

Bob Hollister @ 11/1/2014 3:19 PM

Not just the Police Motors, I just added more LEDs on the back of my personal Kawasaki Vulcan Cruiser for the same reason. It only had a single tail light before I added an LED light kit.

Sgt. BC @ 11/2/2014 4:25 AM

I was a motor officer for seven years, and agree with aj horting,, I went so far as to buy my own additional emergency lights and running lights. The biggest fear was always the rear-end. Anytime I stopped I always set up an escape to get out of the way. My thoughts are with Officer Payne's family.

azRider @ 11/2/2014 5:14 AM

Yet another painful tragedy for Law Enforcement. MR.I.POfficer Flynn. Our prayers to your family. I hope the court deals harshly with Mr. Yazzie.

Ima Leprechaun @ 11/3/2014 1:10 AM

Yazzie was driving DUI with a small child in the car and his license had been suspended in 2010, so he should never have been driving anyway. Rest in Peace, Officer Payne.

S.S. @ 11/5/2014 10:53 AM

May you r.i.p. Officer Payne.