5.11 Tactical has announced 10 new additions to its product line. Unveiled in the company’s Fall/Winter 2014 catalog, the new products offer a head-to-toe outerwear solution for enhanced performance during a variety of duty- and adventure-driven activities. Consistent with 5.11 Tactical’s approach to product development, operator input and feedback was incorporated into the design and testing process behind each new piece.
"We engineered the Fall/Winter 2014 collection with every mission in mind," said David Hagler, vice president of merchandising at 5.11 Tactical. "Innovation, tactical features, quality materials and long-lasting durability have always been at the foundation of our product lines and a necessity to the world’s duty-driven professionals. Our newest line stays true to this foundation, while also addressing the growing trend and increased demand for tactical products that meet the day-to-day needs of those in- and out of uniform."
Throughout the design process, incorporating durability and flexibility features were paramount for 5.11 Tactical. Crafted with precision and purpose, each piece features functional details for enhanced performance. The newest additions to the 5.11 Tactical apparel collection include:
• Taclite M-65 Jacket—evolved from the M-65 Field Jacket, which was originally released in 1965 and worn on battlefields around the world, the Taclite M-65 Jacket is a lightweight option built from 5.11 Tactical’s own Taclite ripstop fabric for maximum durability. Its contemporary cut has a number of functional features, including: RapiDraw pass through pockets for quick and complete interior access, a Loop Patch ID Strip, functional shoulder lapels with prym snaps, dual hidden document pockets at the chest for secure storage and articulated elbows. Added details such as a two-way front YKK Zipper for quick access to concealed weapons and inside poly/cotton lining offer convenience and comfort through hours of wear ($159.99 MSRP; available in Black, TDU Khaki and Tundra)
• Sierra Softshell—a solid-yet-subtle shield from adverse conditions, the Sierra Softshell offers lightweight weather protection in a low-profile design. The 100 percent polyester stretch fabric is bonded to polyester microfleece for warmth, and covered by a durable, water-resistant (DWR) finish—creating another layer of protection during moderate showers The inside hem line can be adjusted to a custom fit by utilizing the elastic draw cords, and a two-way YKK Zipper pulls up to a chin guard ($129.99 MSRP; available in Black, Agave and Brick for women; Black, Steam, Realtree X-TRA and Battle Brown for men)
• Insulator Jacket and Vest—ready to tackle any condition, the new Insulator Jacket and Insulator Vest from 5.11 Tactical shield against the elements with a durable, water-resistant (DWR) finish. A flexible blend of Nylon and Polyester on the body is paired with a Polyester/Spandex combination on the sides for optimal flexibility and comfort. Both products feature 100 gm PrimaLoft Silver for an outstanding warmth-to-weight ratio and RAPIDraw pockets, allowing easy access to a concealed firearm (Insulator Jacket: $139.99 MSRP; Insulator Vest: $109.99 MSRP; both products available in Storm Grey and Sheriff Green)
• Rapid Response Quarter-Zip—inspired by 5.11 Tactical’s popular Rapid Assault Combat Shirt, the Rapid Response Quarter-Zip is engineered for optimum performance. A polyester and spandex mélange jersey knit on the body wicks away perspiration and provides maximum base layer comfort, while bi-stretch woven sleeves provide durability without sacrificing range of motion. Additional sleeve features—such as a loop platform and zipper pocket—minimize the need for bulky packs and wallets for added flexibility ($84.99 MSRP; available in Storm Grey, TDU Green, Regatta and Realtree X-TRA)
• Freedom Flex Long Sleeve—for freedom of movement and comfort in any climate, the Freedom Flex Long Sleeve Shirt is built with moisture-wicking mechanical stretch and a RAPIDraw placket for quick access to the 5.11 Tactical Holster Shirt or shoulder holster. Although a firearm is within easy reach, the long sleeve design of the Freedom Flex Shirt and its side gusset create a covert option that can be worn in the office, outdoors, at the range and everywhere in between ($69.99 MSRP; available in Black, Bosun and Sage Green)
• Covert Flannel—an ideal blend of casual and functional, 5.11 Tactical’s Covert Flannel features 4.5 ounce 100 percent brushed cotton twill for a comfortable yet heavy-duty performance. Unique, yet useful concealed carry features, such as a RAPIDraw pocket, give quick access to firearms, while patented hidden document pockets at the chest allow for easy and discrete storage. With six different color ways and two different plaid offerings, there are plenty of options to choose from ($74.99 MSRP; available in Ivory, Bark, Captain, Ox Blood, Steam and Regatta)
• Reversible High Vis Softshell—high visibility meets softshell technology in the 5.11 Tactical’s new Reversible High Vis Softshell, a product co-created based on feedback from 5.11 Tactical end users. Ideal for law enforcement and first responders, one side is a highly visible yellow with 3M Scotchlite reflective tape on the sleeves, chest and back. Ideal for off-duty hours, or situations where high visibility is unnecessary, a black, 100 percent laminated nylon serves as a durable, wind- and water-repellant outer shell for peak flexibility and comfort ($189.99 MSRP; ANSI/ISEA 107-2010 Level II, Class III Certification)
• Traverse Double Buckle Belt—a superior multi-purpose belt, the Traverse Double Buckle offers enhanced strength and durability in a comfortable low profile design. Ideal for casual or duty wear, the Traverse Double Buckle Belt easily supports a holster and sidearm without rolling or deforming, and features two-toned lightweight aluminum anodized buckles, ribbed weave nylon webbing and a reinforced signature 5.11 belt tip ($32.99 MSRP; available in Black, Storm, Battle Brown and Sandstone)
• TMT L2x and TMT L3x Flashlights—5.11 Tactical has extended its line of its virtually unbreakable TMT flashlights—which feature aerospace-grade aluminum bodies, regulated circuits for maximum output and an anti-roll design—with two new additions. With an output of 638 Lumens and up to 50 hours of runtime on the low setting, the TMT L2x is a mid-size option that packs a big punch ($109.99 MSRP). The L3x offers a powerful output of up to 860 lumens, powered by a Cree XM-L2 LED bulb. On the low setting, the L3x can last up to 29 hours ($129.99 MSRP)