Dynamic Plaques - FVT Plaques
FVT Plaques is introducing new dynamic plaques to recognize police and sheriff's...

Security Policy and the Cloud

Ask The Expert

Mark Rivera

FBI-CJIS Security Policy Compliance Officer

Mark Rivera, Customer Retention Manager and CJIS Security Compliance Officer with Vigilant Solutions, served for sixteen years with the Maryland State Police, retiring at the rank of First Sergeant with thirteen of those years at the supervisory and command level. He holds a Master of Science Degree in Management from The Johns Hopkins University and Secret clearance through the FBI, Baltimore.

American Officer Held in India on Arms Charge

April 07, 2014  |

A lawyer representing a New York City police officer detained in India says the weapons arrest should not be linked to an Indian diplomat's earlier arrest in the U.S.

Officer Manny Encarnacion was arrested last month when three bullets were found in his luggage by Indian authorities, the Associated Press reports. He has been barred from leaving that country until the case is resolved. Encarnacion says the bullets were accidentally left in his bag.

kevcopaz @ 4/7/2014 6:09 PM

Really, the arrest of the officer for 3 ring bullets" in his bag would not be a retaliation for the arrest of the Indian Diplomat, heavens no, who would ever think that of that 3rd world dump that India is.

[email protected] @ 4/7/2014 9:10 PM

Look on the bright side, it could have happened in Washington, DC! Then he would be facing life in prison or maybe a public flogging. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail. Blues, Stay Safe.

[email protected] @ 4/7/2014 9:10 PM

[email protected] @ 4/7/2014 9:10 PM

TheRookie @ 4/7/2014 9:25 PM

That's the reason I've never strayed out of the U.S. other than 2 times as a youngster into Estevan, Canada. Regardless of official or civilian travel people in other countries just do not like American what-so-ever. Facts are Facts!!!

TheRookie @ 4/7/2014 9:25 PM

TheRookie @ 4/7/2014 9:26 PM

TheRookie @ 4/7/2014 9:31 PM

That's the reason I've never strayed any further than Estevan, Canada when I was a youngster. Whether on a official or personal trip out of the U.S. people in other countries just do not like Americans what-so-ever. FACTS are FACTS!!!

TherRookie @ 4/7/2014 9:33 PM

Ooops. Hit the button way to much. Damn beer.

Capt. Crunch @ 4/7/2014 9:49 PM

You have to wonder why weren't the bullets found here in the USA.

Capt. Crunch @ 4/7/2014 9:50 PM

You have to wonder why weren't the bullets found here in the USA.

Capt. Crunch @ 4/7/2014 9:50 PM

You have to wonder why weren't the bullets found here in the USA.

Lenny @ 4/7/2014 10:38 PM

What is with the on line stuttering problems with you guys?

tedb @ 4/8/2014 11:18 AM

Lenny: I have noticed for the past couple of days that the website comment section has been haywire and repeating messages. Stuttering is a good term. Webmaster: Are you aware of this?

Lenny @ 4/8/2014 5:38 PM

Type your message.
Hit post button ONCE, and then hit refresh page.

NJmotorcop @ 4/10/2014 12:40 PM

"has been barred from leaving that country"

I wonder if the Indian government is covering his hotel and meal expenses while he's being held prisoner.

Ima Leprechaun @ 4/13/2014 3:41 PM

Three bullets and no gun and they didn't fire all by themselves when they came in on his luggage. There is no doubt this is linked to the previous political mess concerning their diplomat in the USA. It's important to remember India is not nor have they ever been an ally of ours so he is in the middle of one heck of a nightmare. I wish him well.