Texas Deputy Shot, Killed Serving Warrant

December 19, 2013  |

A sheriff's deputy was killed Thursday after gunfire erupted while he was serving a warrant at a home in Central Texas, the Associated Press reports.

Sgt. Adam Sowders was part of a team of officers entering a rural residence east of the town of Somerville to serve a warrant, Burleson County Sheriff Dale Stroud said. He was shot as the team entered just before 6 a.m. and later died of his injuries. No other officers were injured. One suspect is in custody.

Tags: Officer Down, Warrant Service, Texas

GS5 @ 12/19/2013 3:20 PM

GOD SPEED BROTHER, MAY THE LORD BE YOUR NEW WATCH COMMANDER AND THE ANGELS WATCH OVER YOUR FAMILY LEFT BEHIND.

Trigger @ 12/19/2013 3:38 PM

Brother Adam may the Good Lord hold you and your family close. Thank you for your service.

HHH @ 12/19/2013 3:49 PM

"Blessed are the peacemakers...." We will thank you for your service in our prayers

Jim Davenport @ 12/19/2013 5:14 PM

Rest in peace brother.

mrcurry317 @ 12/19/2013 5:58 PM

Rest in peace brother, we got it from here

Carl Harrison @ 12/19/2013 6:11 PM

Our praries are with your family!

Carl Harrison @ 12/19/2013 6:12 PM

I have many good friends who are in law enforcement !!

Melvin Bond 12/19/2013 @ 12/19/2013 7:56 PM

You are now safely home. God Bless.

Deputy H. King @ 12/20/2013 5:42 AM

R.I.P. My brother, may God look after your family, friends, & co-workers.

AA Boone @ 12/20/2013 6:23 AM

MayGOD continue to bless your family,GODS speed.

Chief Cardell Hughes @ 12/20/2013 9:03 AM

I pray God bless this family doing this time of separation, and they stay true to God until they are reunited, God Speed my Blue Brother.

Jay @ 12/20/2013 10:14 PM

May you watch over your family from the heavens, God speed

Sheriff Bill Hollenbeck @ 12/21/2013 10:47 AM

I pray for God’s healing for the family of Sgt. Adams Sowders as well as for the men and women who served with him in the Burleson County Sheriff Department. I also pray for wisdom and leadership for Sheriff Stroud who is hurting also but must carry on and continue to support his troops. God Bless you all.

John @ Iowa retired @ 12/21/2013 1:15 PM

My prayers for SGT Sowders and his family. Be safe out there brothers and sisters.

S.S. @ 12/23/2013 9:02 AM

R.I.P. Deputy, My prayers go out to you, your family, and your brothers and sisters in blue. You are now in a better place than we are. God Bless.

Concerned @ 12/26/2013 6:01 AM

The article failed to mention that this was a "No knock" warrant. Too many officers have been killed or wounded by homeowners defending their families from an unknown threat.

S.S. @ 12/26/2013 8:32 AM

Looks like Police Magazine needs to keep a better eye on these p.o.s. like clint and lenny off the sight. C'mon guys!!! This is pathetic. Clint your a sack of sh** and I hope to God one day I run into you!!!!

editor @ 12/26/2013 11:46 AM

S.S.: Thanks for bringing this to my attention. These things were posted on Christmas, so I wasn't monitoring the site.

S.S. @ 12/27/2013 7:50 AM

Thank you editor. I love this sight and like reading the points of interest from other officers. These people just have no business on this sight. So thank you for having them removed. Happy Holidays.

Lenny @ 12/30/2013 11:08 PM

@S.S.
I'm still here, I was just away visiting family for the holidays.
Unlike you I follow the rules of the site and don't attack or insult people
simply because I don't agree with their opinions. Oh and as far as you being highly decorated and "officer of the year", when I'm asleep I'm a viking. Cool, right. There were 2 things that you pointed out that I definately agree with you are " a minority dumbass and you "don't care" that would look good on the side of your ride. That and I feared for my life. Also this sight is for anyone if you bothered to read the rules, not just those who agree with you. Perhaps you could try defending that incredible document(The Constitution), instead of wiping your butts with it when dealing withe public. There are literally thousands of examples I could cite. You should seek some help to deal with your anger issues. And in closing regarding you order for me to STAY OFF THE SIGHT, (it's site sweetheart) NO! I refuse to comply!

Lenny @ 12/30/2013 11:31 PM

To Editor all,
Please forgive me for my previous post on this thread.
It was inapropriate to do anything but offer condolences on this
story.

S.S. @ 1/2/2014 7:58 AM

Wow lenny I thought that you were still crying cause I hit one of your many soft spots. I'll put it this way lenny "No one wants you on this site!!!" You're a coward and have no future but to criticize myself and other officers who are brave enough to do what we do. As far as me mentioning myself as being a minority, I'm a hispanic officer, and there you were calling me a nazi, you're even more stupid than I thought. You have no idea what our Constitution entails, you're a canadian, who still lives with in his mommy's basement. lenny Im not gonna even ask what you do for a living cause well Im pretty sure it's nothing. BTW you do attack our profession and some of these officers on this site, and that's what I point out and tell you that you are a coward. You don't have the balls to do this job. Im not the only one either who thinks this. Ive lost count and Im sure you you've lost count also. Ask yourself one question would you're mother approve of you being such a coward?

S.S. @ 1/2/2014 8:07 AM

lenny Im sure you fear for your life on a daily basis, because of what a coward and chicken sh** you are. You fear police cause you cannot do what we do. Everything that I said I am is true. I am a highly decorated officer and was officer of the year in my career as a l.e.o. I'm proud of who and what I am and do. I wouldn't change my career for the world. The reason Im wasting my time sending this email is because of people like you who disrespect what we as LEO do. You haven't a clue. Instead you sit in your mommy's basement and think of ways that you criticize what we do. lenny I said it before and I'll say it again. You are merely a COWARD, and I truly mean that. You're parents didn't raise a man instead they raised a coward who is afraid of his own shadow. Til next time lenny the coward.