Sheriff Joe: Obama's Birth Certificate Is Fake

March 01, 2012  |

Photo: POLICE file
Photo: POLICE file

Maricopa County (Ariz.) Sheriff Joe Arpaio said his investigators have uncovered evidence that President Obama's long-form birth certificate is a forgery during a press conference Thursday, reports Fox News.

Sheriff Arpaio saidt he "cold case posse" also believes that Obama's selective service card filed in Hawaii is a fake. Arpaio's announcement puts him in the "birthers" group who believe Obama was born in Kenya and shouldn't be eligible to be president.

"Based on all of the evidence, I cannot in good faith report to you these documents are authentic," Arpaio said at a press conference in Phoenix, adding that his "investigators believe that the long form birth certificate was manufactured electronically and that it did not originate in the paper format as presented by the White House."

Tags: Joe Arpaio, Barack Obama, Identity Theft

PB @ 3/1/2012 4:54 PM

I can't even put into words how disappointed I am that what I once thought was the premier law enforcement magazine in the country would even put this out on the internet. As a former staunch supporter of Sheriff Joe, I am now thinking the guy has a screw loose. I'm done with any support for this jerk if he has time to have his investigators look into such bogus crap.

DM - California @ 3/1/2012 5:56 PM

You've gotta be kidding! Police officers all over the country are being laid off as a result of cities and counties struggling budgets, and this pop-culture sheriff dispatches his resources to validate a worn-out argument of four years ago???? Come on, Police Magazine! How about featuring a contemporary story that benefits something other than the self-aggrandizing egos of those who dwell on the insignificant.

WLH @ 3/1/2012 6:05 PM

Sheriff Joe has been battling the gov't too long and now is grabbing at straws to defend himself. This is end of what good he has done for law enforcement, now he is on the crazy train.

Charlie @ 3/1/2012 6:19 PM

Doc @ 3/1/2012 6:43 PM

Charlie, you are pathetically uninformed. You should email Sheriff Joe and apply for a job before he is carted-off to the funny farm. However, I must add that it is disappointing to see a man with a very credible history as a law enforcement officer crash in such a pathetic manner.

Lead Farmer @ 3/1/2012 6:48 PM

I always did like Sheriff Joe,,,, now I know why, he's not afraid to tell it like he sees it. I deeply respect that. Before you just write off Sheriff Joes remarks, look into it. I wrote off the movement long ago until the evidence in Georgia came out, now, not so sure. One thing that I am sure of though, whether Obama is legally our president or not, we would have been better off with Hillary, and that's saying something.

TimFromLA @ 3/1/2012 6:49 PM

@Charlie @ 3/1/2012 6:19 PM

//There is nothing wrong with this magazine or with the people that has looked into Obama. If you have even followed any of this, you would have your doubts also. From the very beginning, Obama denied access to it and spent over 2 mill. to stop any access to it. Then, Hawaii denied access to it and after a long battle about it, POOF - it shows up. If you can find the one produced, you will see.//

Are you kidding me? While corporations are committing felonies: fraud and murder, and no one is getting arrested uder 18 USC Section 4, Misprision of Felony, and the chief law enforcement is not doing anything about the felony but is wasting taxpayer's money saying his birth certificate is fake, is bassackwards, isn't it? Or is our LEO just puppets for the Republican party?

Bob@Az. @ 3/1/2012 7:13 PM

Did anybody catch the phrase "volunteered" as to his posse delving into a matter that a group of American citizens had asked an elected official about? I know, no matter what, deny,deny, deny. And we're not even bring up his social security number being from some place other then Hawaii....

Jake @ 3/1/2012 7:44 PM

This man has spent far toooo much time in the sun! I also don't understand why this was published, was it a slow news day? This is not news, take his certification, you have lost it sir!

Go Joe!!! @ 3/1/2012 8:10 PM

Forget the fact that Obama quite possibly wasn't even born in Hawaii ( his birth certificate number isn't sequential with babies born either right before or after him, not even close), the fact is, his father was not an American citizen, ever. That fact alone (not to mention any of the other evidence such as misssing supporting docs to his birth, wrong ss number, photoshopped bc) makes him ineligible to be president. About the only argument Obama has is that anyone who questions him is a kook, not good enough in my book. Question everything!

TJ @ 3/1/2012 8:50 PM

Jesus.
I am a Democrat who in the past contributed to Arpaio and Gov Brewer because of their stance on illegal immigration.

By joining this group of Obama Haters who will embrace anything to discredit him I now will never see Arpaio in the same light again.

And to those who agree with this right wing nonsense I defy any of you to obtain the "original" copy of your birth certificate from 1960.

Over the years I have requested copies of my birth certificate on a few occasions and received completely different color/size certificates as well as ones with info that other ones did not have, I guess I really wasn't born in the USA after all.

Lee @ 3/1/2012 10:15 PM

With President Obama's term almost to its completion, isn't it a little mediocre to have department resources working on something that we will never be able to change? Let alone the fact that departments having such hard times in todays economy, do not have resources to spend time chasing such things. At least that's what I see...He is President, his term is almost over. Americans will most likely not vote him back into office. What's done is done...May I read an interesting article now?

Ima Leprechaun @ 3/2/2012 1:00 AM

Sheriff Joe is a disgrace

Frank @ 3/2/2012 3:39 AM

I thing Joe retained the Three Stooges to do his investigative work. So he's a fake!What are we going to do about it? Nothing! So where's the hospital staff that delivered Obama? Where's the newspaper column with Births for that day? What kind of investigative work is this? Disappointed in the outcome but still what will be done? Nothing! This will be labeled a conspiracy theory. The people of this country especially the news media is reluctant to cross the line due to is ethnic background.

M.Conner @ 3/2/2012 4:34 AM

Why after 4 years is this birth certificate still an issue. I also believe that something is really fishy about the whole thing, but really! Don't you think by now it would have been proven a fake.

FireCop @ 3/2/2012 6:05 AM

Plus the 'certificate' lists him as a type of status that wasn't even used on birth certificates in the year he was born. This subject is OLD but very interesting. Like some other issues from Chicago, we may never find out the true answers. The right way to deal with this whole matter is coming in November....VOTE. And be safe.

Kgb @ 3/2/2012 6:27 AM

Some of you guys must be paid democrat lackies that are posting on here. First of all, the good Sheriff pursued an investigation that was requested by his constituents. Is that not his job? Second of all, instead of using department resources, he used a "posse" of volunteers to investigate it (hence the fact he established a 501 (c) 3 to fund the investigation. They were not paid out of the county budget. Where there is smoke there is fire, and it would seem to me that to ignore all the signs that something is fishy about this guys creds is irresponsible.

mnwizard @ 3/2/2012 7:42 AM

I'm reserving judgement until I see what he does next. If his evidence is used in a legal process and is backed up by a legit lab and the courts, I'll thank him for a job no one else was capable of doing.

If it goes no where, I'll write it off as a publicity stunt.

Rob in FL @ 3/2/2012 8:01 AM

It's seems pretty apparent that on the subject of Obama's birthplace people are going to believe what they want to believe, at least until some absolutely irrefutable evidence is discovered. The comments posted for this article clearly do not reflect facts grounded in reality as much as they reflect the political positions of the writers. Thus far, I have not found the evidence presented thus far regarding Obama's birthplace to be absolutely irrefutable, but that doesn't mean that Obama wasn't born in Hawaii, just as he claims. The jury is still out on this issue.

A Chief who loves his cou @ 3/2/2012 8:16 AM

We as investigators know "where there's smoke, there's fire." Don't disregard the "birther" argument or Sheriff Arpaio so quickly. This has significant meaning for us all. If an ineligible person with "facilitated" credentials--including graduating from Columbia and Harvard law--can be swept into power in America simply because he's African-American--and we ALL KNOW that's why he was elected--then our country is in deep trouble. His associations with Bill Ayers alone would cause him to fail an FBI BI so he couldn't become an agent...so why in hell is he qualified to be POTUS and sit and listen to top secret daily CIA briefs? And he keeps his own Blackberry--the only US president to EVER do so? Wake up colleagues: no matter what you think about Obama there is serious mischief going on at the highest levels, and we as "lesser magistrates" may be the last line of defense for our constituents and our Republic in the onslaught against it. You ALL swore an oath to "uphold and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic..." or similar words. Remember that. Let's not be used by those who wish to "fundamentally transform" our blessed Republic into a failing "worker's paradise" by playing the part of useful idiots. We know better.

jon law @ 3/2/2012 8:55 AM

i went to the website the whitehouse presented the longform the day they did and it was almost fake looking to just the nacked eye. having then put it in enlarge and it just did'nt look right. other sherriffs may want to look into it as well. forensic science will prove if they are real. if forensic science can conden a man to death, surely it can expose a fraudulent election.

Rick @ 3/2/2012 11:55 AM

I can't believe how many on this form are against Sheriff Joe. This man had the guts to honor his constituents requests about an investigation and his experts found what the American people already found; that the birth certificate is illegal and a fraud. Too bad the investigation didn't cover Obama's phony SS number that was issued in CT, but he never worked or lived there.

Templedog2 @ 3/2/2012 4:08 PM

Hear! Hear! The Sheriff is right! There is also the fact that under International Law BOTH

Templedog2 @ 3/2/2012 4:11 PM

Hear! Hear! The Sheriff is right! Also, under International Law BOTH PARENTS must be a citizen of a country for the baby (Obama) to be a legal citizen of that country (USA)! And, again, Obama is on record stating that his father is a Foreigner!!

madShark @ 3/2/2012 5:35 PM

Obama is a "turtle on a fence post"... someone put him there..he's clueless! Sheriff Joe for President!

SD @ 3/2/2012 7:08 PM

I have been following and researching this issue since it started in 2008. I have viewed it from the perspective of 31 years in law enforcement. If my fellow officers would look into it in the same fashion, and look at ALL the evidence like an objective crimininal investigator (leaving political beliefs aside), you would have to come to the same conclusion: Obama could not protect himself because he would not pass the background check to be a Secret Service agent! We, as law enforcement officers, have taken an oath to uphold the Constitution, so why would it be wrong for any of us to question the eligibility of ANY person (white, black, male, female, Republican, Democrat, Independent) attempting to become President of the U.S. if there is ANY hint of Constitutional ineligibility to serve in that capacity? Just something to ponder.....

gp cobb @ 3/2/2012 10:43 PM

I agree Go Joe, & Hilliary I will take, any day........

Hollis Hatten @ 3/3/2012 12:09 AM

My father, and his brothers and sisters were not born in a hospital, but by a mid wife. My father and my uncles servered and fought in WWII. Since they do not have a birth certificate are they any less of a citizen because they only have a verification of birth issued by a mid wife. This arguement over President Obama's birth certificate is childish and wrong. Since this issue has been kicked out of every federal court for lack of real evidence. Sheriff Joe has provided no proof, only conjecture. This is a very unprofessional thing for Sheriff Joe to do. If he had real evidence he should turn it over to the FBI.

chris @ 3/3/2012 11:22 AM

Lets get him out of office now, that fraud

Jack Betz @ 3/4/2012 5:44 PM

IF you have proof, and I do not mean internet bullshit, take it to the appropriate grand jury and make your case. Until then, THE HORSE IS DEAD! STOP BEATING IT FOR THE LOVE OF THE ALMIGHTY!

Jason Barnes @ 3/15/2012 4:57 PM

Sheriff "Joe" is correct that Obama is foreign born, and that the "birth certificate" produced by Obama is an electronically-created forgery. However, the real arguments are why those agencies with the responsibility for acting on Obama's fraud have not acted. And there is a lesser question of whether the Obama fraud is really something that Sheriff Joe should be taking responsibility for.

James Flynn @ 3/16/2012 8:59 AM

Obama surrounds himself domestic terrorists (Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn) crooked Chicago thugs (Tony Rezco and Blagovich) and other assorted criminal scum. In addition, there is an abundance of evidence that Obama's alleged birth certificate is a forgery.
Perhaps you all have spent too much time out in the sun.

Richard @ 3/16/2012 9:06 AM

How pathetic all the brainwashed people are. I feel sorry for the people accept authority as the truth instead of truth as the authority. Also I must point out not all people who post are not brainwashed, some agent provocateurs. For the record, the released long form is not even a good fake!

Mitch @ 3/16/2012 9:17 AM

Is this a law enforcement website? Because I dont see anyone actually talking about the actual evidence that was posted on WhiteHouse.gov that was able to be broken into 9 different layers which would be impossible to do if it was a scanned document. I dont know if Obama was born in Hawaii but the document was clearly manufactured, why arent we talking about objective evidence?

Malcolm Mundy @ 3/16/2012 9:25 AM

IF OBAMA'S BIRTH CERTIFICATE IS REAL, THEN HOW COME NOBODY FROM KAP'OLANI MEDICAL CENTER WILL COME FORWARD AND VERIFY IT AS REAL, OR THAT HIS MOTHER EVER WENT THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE? It's all about "trust me, I was born there."

xopher @ 3/16/2012 10:24 AM

I can't believe what I am hearing. This man proves what 1,000's of IT professionals already know. And you think this is small news. I have q sneaking suspicion all the negative posts are from illegals, blind democrats, and idiots . If this wad a trial the courts would not allow his birth certificate to be admitted as evidence. So why you all so scared to have the charges read in a court. If he is wrong punish him accordingly, but if not. Well then the Kenyan has some explaining to do.

Roger Over @ 3/16/2012 10:43 AM

Fools, listen up.
The investigation posse is all volunteer.
The birth certificate and active duty service card are proven fakes here

It is pathetic to judge before investigating. Check it out and make an informed decision.

All of the negative posts here give any REASON for their positions. As if just saying something is a certain way is proof!

Look it up, Obama's first act as President was to permanently seal up access to his birth records. His SIN has two names attached to it. Obama used to go by another name.

His father was born in Kenya which THAT ALONE DISQUALIFIES HIM FROM BEING PRESIDENT because the constitution says you have to be a NATURAL BORN Usa citizen.

Natural born means BOTH parents being born in the USA. The founding fathers quite reasonably determined that the president must not have allegiance to any other state. President with Russian or Taliban parents? See. It is illegal in the constitution to have the president's father a British citizen born in Kenya.

In addition there is proof that He was not born in Hawaii, but in Kenya. Lots of proof. Just look for it, it is everywhere.

Concerned Citizen @ 3/16/2012 11:14 AM

Commenting on the comments. I am assuming some police are posting their words, so I'll just say that this is disheartening. It is essential in preserving this country to expose fraud. The police, especially sheriffs, are here to protect and serve citizens and have a higher power than military or federal agents. Keep that in mind. I am seeing too many take advantage of good people and working with the military at checkpoints or in drills. Preserve Posse Comitatus Act and the Law Enforcement Oath of Honor.

My point is this is definately a prolific time in World history and all good people need to stick together and help each other. Greed has obviously taken over, and so has corruption. We rely on law enforcement to uphold the law and keep criminals, on any level, from infringing upon or harming our liberties or rights, and breaking the law but being found not guilty or even being "above" the law and not brought to justice. Arpaio is doing the right thing. Not saying he isn't after some sort of gain -- I don't know him.

Take care. Infowars.com for real news and facts.

David @ 3/16/2012 12:15 PM

Well, all I have to say about this is that "when" (not if) Sheriff Joe finds all of the evidence to prove that Barack Hussein Obama aka "Barry Soetoro" is indeed a fraud, he and all who knew about it and covered it up should go to prison and all that he has done to destroy this country should be nullified.

Earl @ 3/16/2012 12:56 PM

The people who think that sheriff Joe has lost it, I am sorry, but they themselves have lost it. They have not been following what is going on. These people are pathetic and sad, they do not see all the damage that this "piece of crap" who is distroying everything this country stood for. It is plain to see that Obama is not an American citizen, because a true American would not destroy the basic foundations of this country. The Constitution!!!

NATURAL BORN PERSON @ 3/16/2012 6:57 PM

your all a bunch of fkn idiots. You believe whatever is told to you by mainstream media. Your either all puppets or socialists or both. I cant even believe this country has created so many pathetic morons...

TimCrowe @ 3/16/2012 8:36 PM

Thanks for the information police magazine. the rest of these sheep have no clue what is relevant to today's society.

xman1776 @ 3/16/2012 11:14 PM

I agree with comments of Charlie, Sheriff Joe Arpaio is an upstanding law man and is doing his job! Obama has spent millions of dollars to cover up his real birth certificate and for what reason? The document that was finally released was a certificate of live birth which is not a Birth Certificate. Anyone that attacks Sheriff Joe Arpaio for questioning the issues about the faked certificate of live birth should be ashamed of themselves. Dissent is the Highest Form of Patriotism!

Alan Meland @ 3/16/2012 11:25 PM

sherriff joe is a true patriot for his efforts obama is a liar a fraud and a muslim who is waging a holy war against america by running the country into the ground and hes doing it with the help of the police,fema,dhs and military and it is all in violation of the constitution of this country and in case you all forgot you took an oath to uphold the constitution but you blindly do their bidding by detaining and harrassing instead of protecting and serving YOU ARE THE REAL TERRORISTS AND SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES FOR WHAT YOUVE BECOME AND WHAT YOU HAVE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN AND WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!!!!!, any real policemen and women can show their colors at oathtakers.com dont forget your oath and what it stands for!!!

okctruth @ 3/17/2012 1:17 AM

I support the efforts of Sheriff Arpaio and his VOLUNTEER Cold Case Posse. As a filmmaker and veteran of the film and television industry for over thirty years, I've worked with some of the BEST..make that PREMIERE film researchers and writers in the business. The first rule in researching for a feature length documentary is to base the screenplay on fact vs. fiction and solid documentation vs. hearsay and conjecture. Several of my colleagues who hold to the same rules have done their own research into the fraud, the fake, the bad actor - BHO. And their first litmus test of credibility was to find ANYTHING that would support the fact that he was indeed eligible to serve as our president. They found Nothing. Worse yet, (4) highly qualified attorneys from Orange County, CA who were asked to join the DNC legal team headed up by the senior partner in a Seattle law firm to shut down nearly three dozen lawsuits filed by private citizens up and down the west coast who simply wanted to see any bonafide birth document of BHO decided to recuse themselves from the litigation. And that same senior partner followed suit a mere three months later. Why? Because HE knew he would be called on the carpet by the Washington state bar assn. for the illegal and unethical conduct which would risk his license to practice and his lucrative partnership within this law firm if HE continued to represent the interests of the DNC and BHO. To all the skeptics on this case. YOU do the research that Sheriff Joe and his cold case team have completed. Emotion and blind faith in a fraud / bad actor that has soiled the reputation of the office of the POTUS have no place in this matter. Either you put up or shut up.

André @ 3/17/2012 8:48 AM

It is because of people like PB, DM and WLH that America is in the serious trouble it is. Just because you don't WANT to see the truth, doesn't mean something is not the truth. I downloaded his "birth certificate" on the very day Obama made it public, and as a graphic designer, it took me 2 minutes flat to pull that "birth certificate" apart. That is including the software loading time! WHAT A FRAUD! America needs a hell of a lot more people like Sherrif Arpaio, people with backbone and integrity. The only thing Obama did with the release of that piece of fake document, is to show the whole of America the middle finger and say, there, it's a fake, what are you going to do about it? He did not even bother to get a proffesional to get the job done, it's that bad! But then again, Obama knows very well America is full of spineless, blind people like PB, DM and WLH, so what is there to worry about?

Jeff @ 3/17/2012 10:57 AM

Word of advice: any time you see an article refer to somebody who questions any official story or concept, into a group, like "Birther", or "Conspiracy theorist", it means it is an attempt to marginalize such people or make their beliefs look incredible. To label somebody who believes Obama's certificate is a fake, a "birther" is to attach negative connotations to that person or their beliefs; by associating he/she into a group. For example: If you believe Lee Harvey Oswald did not act alone, you are a "Conspiracy Theorist". This method of masking the truth by lumping people who can think independently into a negatively connotative group, is being exposed by everybody who is still able to think for themselves, and this method will not work for those who seek to suspend the mass-hoaxes that are projected onto our free society. Police officers everywhere are aware of this. They are sharp and they are interested in defending freedom by protecting our rights. Officers, please know that when you see such labels applied to people who might choose to think independently, it is because those beliefs are dangerous to the criminals who seek to further undermine our great country.

charles clark @ 3/17/2012 6:42 PM

every person thats heard of old pink panty joe knows hes as big a nut case as trump

erin walton @ 3/19/2012 6:27 AM

i cannot believe everyone is talking bad about the sheriff. he is just telling it like it is, i saw obamas brith certificate being looked at by photo shop experts and wow what a crappy job whoever made it did! we need to look at who is our president & i believe he was born in kenya and shold not be our president! he should be impeached before he does anymore damage!!

Ivan @ 3/28/2012 9:08 PM

DON't EVER QUESTION ANYTHING. PEOPLE ARE SO DUMBED DOWN . EVERYTHING SHOULD BE QUESTIONED.

Will @ 4/10/2012 12:23 PM

Thanks Police Magazine for publishing this story. It is obvious from some of the comments that corporate media informed people cannot handle the truth. Even so thank you for publishing the truth.

Ken @ 9/25/2012 2:35 PM

I can see there are a lot of people on here who have not done any research and just believe what they are told by the lame stream media which is biased beyond belief. Joe is right if you would look at is evidence you would know the truth too, but brain-washing is hard to overcome

Jason @ 2/19/2013 4:58 PM

The hospital was not renamed Queens Medical Center until 1967. Look at the fake that is the name on it.

Barbara Holmes @ 2/19/2013 8:36 PM

CORRUPTION has been allowing a Self CLAIMED Kenyan SOCIALIST be in control of the greatest Free COUNTRY in the world. When somebody comes up with the proof to stop the destruction why would you condemn him or even be disappointed? Do you want to live under a dictator? Mr OBAMA is really an anti American who dismisses the CONSTITUTION of the UNITED STATES that is what keeps us FREE, WAKE UP AMERICANS.