Obama's Uncle Questions Cop's Driving Record After DUI

January 12, 2012  |

A lawyer for President Barack Obama's uncle, an illegal immigrant who is charged with drunken driving, said Wednesday that he will ask prosecutors to turn over the driving record of the police officer who stopped him.

Onyango Obama, 67, the half brother of the president's late father, was charged with drunken driving in Framingham in August, reports the Associated Press.

In a written police report, Officer Val Krishtal said he stopped Obama after Obama rolled through a stop sign and nearly caused his police cruiser to strike Obama's SUV. Obama failed several sobriety tests and blew a 0.14 percent on a blood-alcohol test.

After being booked at the station, Obama was asked whether he wanted to make a telephone call to arrange for bail. "I think I will call the White House," he stated.

Tags: Barack Obama, Drunk Driving, Illegal Immigration

Brandon kear @ 1/12/2012 7:45 PM

Sounds like hes trying to get out of the charge

Jesse Leal @ 1/12/2012 7:52 PM

Sounds like the loser is looking for lieniency from the President which is totally unacceptable. Deport this idiot before he kills someone on our roads. This behavior might be acceptable in his country, but not in our!

Lt. Robert Tester @ 1/12/2012 8:11 PM

This is old, old news. You guys in the media department can't find anything better to report? This was all over the news back in August when this happened. That was 2011 guys! Come on. Suprise us with some better reporting for 2012.

Bob@Az. @ 1/12/2012 8:12 PM

So, He's illegal, drunk, driving a "SUV". Drivers license? Employed? Whos paying the lawyer? And where does this this idiot lawyer (my apologies to idiots in general) get the nerve to ask that? The Officer isn't the one on trial, in this country illegally or drunk. Whose name is on the title of that vehical? Bottom feeders both.

Eve @ 1/12/2012 8:21 PM

Throw the book at him. He should and better NOT get any special priv. He did wrong and should be held at a higher standard than everyone else cause of who is nephew IS....

Tim @ 1/12/2012 8:25 PM

He can ask all he wants. It doesn't mean he's allowed to have it.

Kyle @ 1/12/2012 8:48 PM

It may be old news, but the trial is upcoming news. He is here illegally, so should be sent back, doubly so since he was drunk and could have killed a U.S. citizen. <><

bgj222 @ 1/12/2012 8:49 PM

Lt. Lester, old news? The arrest was old, but the request for the officers record was very recent....Boot this illegal!!!

Thompson @ 1/13/2012 1:57 AM

DEPORT!

joe cop @ 1/13/2012 4:28 AM

Laura @ 1/13/2012 4:42 AM

Hum! So he is assuming that her having a prior departmental accident is going to get him off the hook for his bad driving. I guess now he'll be granted asylum like his sister was on 2010 and start living off our welfare system. What a wonderful family! I bet their family reunions are filled with conversations on how to rip off the American Government.

MotorSgt43 @ 1/13/2012 4:55 AM

@ Joe cop: The man is illegally in the country, the man is driving drunk and almost crashes into a fellow cop so legit questions are asked and your response is "U bunch of hypocrates! When ur teenagers get pulled over or locked up with a joint, u are the first to call the cop and ask for professional courtesy! If ur uncle was the most powerful man in the world, wouldn't u try to get a break? And how many of u walk home after all those "cop" bbq's, union meetings, softball games? Give me a break! Keep it real! And yes, I am a COP! So I know what I am talking about, and I am not black either."

Really???? I really like the "and I am not black either" comment! Lol!

"If" you are a cop I'm betting you're not a very good one!

cb @ 1/13/2012 5:26 AM

bull crap, he needs to be in jail.

Bill @ 1/13/2012 5:27 AM

This is really a disgusting use of a Police mag. The timing stinks, gee during presidential primaries? Would it be printed if the uncle had a last name like say maybe, Romney, Gingrich, or any of the other candidates? Sounds to me like this magazines leaders are tied in with the Republicans.

TallTee50 @ 1/13/2012 6:04 AM

joe cop, I agree with you. There are alot of illegal immigrants in this country, committing felonies and no one here says anything like the comments made. I don't agree with the request for the Officer's driving record. And, you are totally right about Officers contacting other Officers when family members are arrested (U.S. Citizens) and attempt to use their authority. I guess people on this page are not Obama fans. And, to hear Officers make such "stupid" comments, makes us all look like the idiots the public think we are. Don't get me wrong. If he's wrong, he should be punished like anyone else, no matter who his family is. But, just remember when your family is caught commiting a crime, think back to your comments on this page. Right is right and wrong is wrong. Don't throw stones if your house/family is not in order.

Dan Birdsley @ 1/13/2012 6:18 AM

Since when did color come into this, Joe Cop? Not one of the blogs before mentioned color. Does that matter? If this was an illegal in our area of the country, he would be deported.

Jason @ 1/13/2012 6:38 AM

Taser the man.

Chief @ 1/13/2012 7:11 AM

Not to play devils advocate here, but I do not remember seeing anything about anybody asking the President for anything. The media simply made a connection for paper sales. We are not about dropping names, but about getting a potential killer off the street. The officer is not on trial, his driving record not part of the case and as a Chief, I would tell the attorney to keep trying and then pat the officer on the back for keeping my family, your family and all others safe.

Mike Leggiardro @ 1/13/2012 7:31 AM

The way things are now.............he will most likely get off!!!! Is this right "no" but look at what the elected officials do in DC. (they get off).

IrishCrusher @ 1/13/2012 8:12 AM

What does the Officers driving history have to do with anything. He's not the one on trail here. If any Judge allows this motion to go forward they should be hung. What a joke this Country has been becoming because we allow liberal pieces of shit such as this guys attorney to even raise such issues as in focussing on the officer instead of the offense at hand.

goodee @ 1/13/2012 8:36 AM

I work with a couple of 'joe cops'. Yeah you guessed it they are not well liked..........

Linda @ 1/13/2012 8:37 AM

Everyone is on the TAKE.....INCLUDING THAT GUY WE CALL PRESIDENT.

Steve Pass @ 1/13/2012 8:45 AM

I somewhat agree with Lt Tester, this is old news, having said that I also Bob @az. The Officer is not on trial this Idiot is, I hope the judge denies his request. As much as I dislike Obama and hope he is a one term President, its not his fault his Uncle is a MORON.

Sheriff John @ 1/13/2012 9:09 AM

Lt. Lester is an Obamaite. Obama is another illegal that should be kick out of te country.

Sheriff John @ 1/13/2012 9:20 AM

Joe Cop is another Obamaite. Sad that his type is so brainwashed.
I am retired detective sgt. L.A. Sheriff's Dept. and I know what I'm talking about also!

copland @ 1/13/2012 9:27 AM

I think whoever posted that cops use their athority to get their family off the hook is a complete idiot along with Obamas uncle... Maybe in the are he suposedly protects its common practice for officers to drive drunk and abuse their power however where I am from we hold ourselves to ethical standards and so should Obamas uncle. The is no wrong doing here other than another idiot getting in the drivers seat drunk... period.... and also in my area if you commit a crime you can and will be deported if you are here illegally and as for you cops out there who jump to such bold conclusions over a hundred word article maybe you should re evaluate your decion making skills... as the saying goes you werent there so you dont know what happened... just a thought....

Jim @ 1/13/2012 10:21 AM

Nobody, no family, no officer, and NO PRESIDENT has a perfect family. I don't. I am not an Obama fan, but he certainly has no control over the actions of his uncle. With that said, I wonder. Will he have any control over the sentencing of his uncle?

DUI is a reckless act, endangering the lives of the citizens. But which of us would not ask for a little softer treatment of our relatives on smaller issues, like traffic tickets - or at least accept it if it came our way? Just a thought.

Jim

janet @ 1/13/2012 10:57 AM

Old new right! Let's treat him as a person that has broken the law and move on. Don't beat a dead horse to death!

Dan Birdsley @ 1/13/2012 11:31 AM

Just curious, I have sent in comments on 3 or 4 stories in the last couple of weeks and none of them ever appeared in the "Join the Discussion" section. Why?

joe cop supporter @ 1/13/2012 11:38 AM

true dat

J. Hoch @ 1/13/2012 1:00 PM

As to asking for professional courtesy, The last time I checked, I was not in the country ILLEGALLY, nor is my son....

Besides, are you comparing me and my son to Obama and his "half" uncle? Not even close. It' funny he leaves his "half" brother hanging but he sure got intimately involved with that professor in Massachusetts. I'm wondering, was that professional courtesy?

J. Hoch @ 1/13/2012 1:06 PM

sorry I meant "half uncle" There are so many "halfs" floating around the president I got confused

starrman69 @ 1/13/2012 1:33 PM

I recall the old internal affairs credo;
"Admit Nothing"
"Deny Everything"
"Demand Proof"
and what we called the D******* Amendment (name of oft violator)
"Make Counter Accusations"

Nothing to see here, keep moving...

Leonard Mather @ 1/13/2012 1:39 PM

An adage often referred to is: "We live in an imperfect world." A Baptist hymn refers to: "We live in a Sin sick world." These do explain Onyango's presence in America. With White House connections, both adages are given credence and relevance to all those people who elect doing nothing about illegal immigrants who flagrantly flout their condition. Some even vote in those who want to continue doing nothing.

Woodrow Weitzeil @ 1/13/2012 2:22 PM

I beleave the constitution only applies to american citizens. I beleave this person has no right to the driving record and should be booted out of the US no matter who he is related to. Maybe both should be booted.

Durabo @ 1/13/2012 3:20 PM

This is not the first DUI for Onyango. What about Aunt Zeituni Onyango, who is living on taxpayers' money? These Kenyans, including their nephew, are a disgrace!

joe Sh#t the rag man @ 1/13/2012 5:36 PM

Dear Joe Cop,

This was Obama's illegal immigrant UNCLE, not his nephew... not that it matters since he is related anyway. Besides that, why is it that you assume that EVERY cop asks for "professional courtesy"? I, as well as many others I know, do not flip out the badge if we are stopped for something. Also, although I'm sure what you're saying about the police bbq's, etc happens, there are a lot of police officers who actually DO respect the law. There are 3 officers in my department who do not drink at all... not a drop. So please don't be so quick to jump to the conclusion that just because someone is an officer that means they drive drunk and use their badge to get out of obeying the rules. Why does it seem that you are defending an illegal immigrant who was caught driving drunk? This man was wrong on every level, and now he wants to try and accuse the OFFICER of something wrong? Just like his nephew Barry. Maybe he will staple up some protest flyers, blame his debt on everyone else, and apologize to all the terrorists. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Obama makes him a Liquor Czar or something.

john rimmer @ 1/14/2012 6:00 AM

This is a no story story-can only endorse joe the cop and lt. lester.

Rob @ 1/15/2012 6:53 AM

How many cops do you know with bad driving records that still have a job?

jeff @ 1/15/2012 9:44 AM

No No breaks for this guy, send him back where they don't use drivers licenses. Where was his license ,where was his prrof of insurance,and the registration to the vehicle.Why is it the cops for pulling over this moron that caught this guy. Good job officer.

JT @ 1/20/2012 1:33 PM

I work in a jail and have seen other immigrants deported for the same charge. His ass should not be given any special treatment! The Law is the Law, follow the rules already established and DEPORT HIM!