The National Law Enforcement Memorial Fund has announced this year's "Will Always Remember" photo contest, which provides the winner a trip to National Police Week in D.C.
The initial photo tribute campaign to fallen officers, which was launched in late 2009, resulted in hundreds of photos submitted from supporters across the country.
The winning photo featured Cody Lasater, the son of Pittsburg (CA) Police Officer Larry Lasater, who was killed by a robbery suspect in April 2005 prior to Cody's birth. Cody and his mother, Jo Ann, joined 20,000 other members of the law enforcement family on May 13 at the annual candlelight vigil.
The "Will Always Remember" photo tribute campaign honors America's fallen law enforcement officers..
Follow these steps to enter:
- Visit WillAlwaysRemember.org to download a blank sign.
- Write your name in the space provided.
- Take your picture holding your completed sign. Be creative and feel free to personalize your photo. Look at photos from the prior year to inspire your creativity. Only photos that include a sign will be accepted.
- Upload your photo to WillAlwaysRemember.org.
- Tell your friends and family about your photo, and encourage them to upload photos of their own. Check back to view others' photos and find yours in the slideshow.
March 13 is the deadline for submitting photos. Voting opens the following day and ends March 31. The photo receiving the most votes wins a trip to D.C. for National Police Week 2011. The trip includes one round-trip ticket to D.C., lodging for two nights, and VIP seating at the vigil.
The winning photo will be announced April 5 at WillAlwaysRemember.org. You can view full contest rules here.
The second-in-command at the Jefferson County (Ky.) Sheriff's Office was found dead Monday...
A U.S. Department of Justice official pledged Monday to conduct a thorough, independent...
Ignoring the chants of protesters on the block where a police officer was killed and the...
Two bodies found at separate locations Tuesday are linked to the shooting of an El Paso...
An Alton, Mo., police officer who is also a firefighter died after a crash on Monday....