Zebra Technologies Corp., a global leader in specialty printing and automatic identification solutions, has announced the addition of the laminator feature, capable of laminating both sides of a cards simultaneously, to the award-winning ZXP Series 8 retransfer card printer. The new laminator option will provide an extra layer of protection and security which is essential security element for federal credentialing, state driver's licensing, and for organizations with high security requirements.
The ZXP Series 8 laminator offers lowest total cost of ownership with its patented, waste-free laminates. This model also provides increased durability and prolonged card life by preventing image fading and dye migration that can occur with normal card use. Secure lamination is ideal for:
- Driver's Licenses
- Government & Military ID Cards
- High Security Access Control ID Cards
- Law Enforcement and Correctional Facility ID Cards
- Airport Personnel ID Cards
- Applications requiring secure issuance of long-lasting, tamper-evident IDs
"Advanced credentialing continues to be a top priority for today's government, education, and corporate security professionals," said Chris Nichter, vice president of Marquis ID. "Zebra has been a leader in this space for years and we are looking forward to the added security features to the ZXP Series 8 printer."
"The addition of laminator will make the ZXP Series 8 retransfer card printer the perfect solution for high-volume, high-security I.D. applications," said Ram Ramaprasad, director of product management for Zebra Technologies. "Now secure and durable lamination can be added to the unparalleled print speeds and photo-like image quality the ZXP Series 8 printer delivers."
Unlike traditional dye sublimation card printers, which use a printhead that prints through a ribbon directly onto the card, retransfer printers print onto a flexible, transparent film that is then thermally bonded to the card. In general, benefits of retransfer printing include:
- Higher image quality and print resolution
- The ability to print on uneven card surfaces such as smart cards
- True edge-to-edge printing (via over-the-edge printing). Traditional card printers must leave a white border because printing out to the edge would damage the printhead.
- The ability to print on non-PVC cards. Dye sublimation requires a porous surface available only through PVC cards.
- More durable and abrasion-resistant cards
- Fraud protection, since the film is inherently tamper-evident
Available in all regions, the ZXP Series 8 is sold through Zebra's vast network of channel partners. For more information, please call +1 800 452 4056 or visit www.zebra.com/zxpseries8.
A Miami-Dade Police officer was in the fight of his life when he received a devastating...
Off-duty East Point, GA, Officer Alan Hulet pulled over when he saw blue lights in his...
Police officers and firefighters in Greenwood, AR, lent a helping hand to the school...
All across Michigan, a shortage of police officers has arisen silently, and if it doesn't...
Two Commerce City, CO, Police field training officers have been suspended from training...