Three Colleges to Present Emergency Management Case Studies at Campus Safety Conference
April 14, 2009
The Campus Safety Conference Emergency Management Best Practices Panel discussion will include three university officials who will provide case studies on how their individual institutions are approaching emergency management. The workshop will take place April 27, 10:15 a.m. to noon and will feature the following experts:
* Dr. Dennie Templeton, Executive Director of Distance Education and Emergency Preparedness at Radford University
* Bob Roberts, Chief of Police, West Virginia University
* Gerald Robert Harkins, Associate Vice President, Campus Safety and Security, the University of Texas at Austin
Templeton will specifically address how Radford University handled a nearby shooting that occurred April 2, and how the drills his university had recently conducted helped improve the institution’s response.
The panel, which will be moderated by Campus Safety Magazine's Executive Editor Robin Hattersley Gray, will also cover:
* Working with outside agencies
* Facility-specific emergency planning
* Creating an emergency planning unit from scratch
* Developing plans for business continuity, infectious diseases and severe weather
View the full program schedule.
More information can be found at www.CampusSafetyConference.com or by calling (800) 576-8788.
Request more info about this product / service / company
Be the first to comment on this story
Other Recent News
Streamlight Inc. has introduced the Double Clutch USB, a compact, low-profile LED headlamp...
Peters, a 52-year-old military veteran, is charged with attempted murder and aggravated...
A shooting spree stretched across three Snohomish County, Wash., cities Wednesday evening,...
Officers chased the man and tackled him to the ground, according to Chicago police. While...
The death will be investigated by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement but according...