The Campus Safety Conference Emergency Management Best Practices Panel discussion will include three university officials who will provide case studies on how their individual institutions are approaching emergency management. The workshop will take place April 27, 10:15 a.m. to noon and will feature the following experts:
* Dr. Dennie Templeton, Executive Director of Distance Education and Emergency Preparedness at Radford University
* Bob Roberts, Chief of Police, West Virginia University
* Gerald Robert Harkins, Associate Vice President, Campus Safety and Security, the University of Texas at Austin
Templeton will specifically address how Radford University handled a nearby shooting that occurred April 2, and how the drills his university had recently conducted helped improve the institution’s response.
The panel, which will be moderated by Campus Safety Magazine's Executive Editor Robin Hattersley Gray, will also cover:
* Working with outside agencies
* Facility-specific emergency planning
* Creating an emergency planning unit from scratch
* Developing plans for business continuity, infectious diseases and severe weather
View the full program schedule.
More information can be found at www.CampusSafetyConference.com or by calling (800) 576-8788.
The U.S. Justice Department announced late Wednesday that it will not file criminal...
Dep. John Mennen of the Greenlee County Sheriff's Office and Clifton Police Sgt. Jason...
Maha Aldhalimi of Wayne County said that a police officer arrested her on Sept. 15, 2004,...
Stockton police say that one of its dogs died Tuesday when the air conditioner on the...
Inkster, Mich., police officer Phillip (Chuck) Randazzo, 44, is suing his employer after...