If you're a D.A.R.E. officer, you probably know a D.A.R.E. student who inspires peers to stay drug free by example through integrity and life choices. Why not nominate this deserving student to win an exciting Montana Adventure trip sponsored by the 5.11 Light for Life Foundation? If your student wins, so do you!
A total of nine students (three per trip) and one parent or guardian will receive:
- Round-trip airfare, ground travel and a three-day, two-night stay in the luxurious 5.11 Tactical lodge outside of Billings, Mont., near the Big Horn River
- A visit to Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument, the site of Custer's Last Stand
- A guided fishing trip down the Big Horn River
- Wilderness adventures including a hike with 5.11's new Light for Life UC3.400 Flashlight
- Wonderful food, fun activities, and a chance to make new friends
A team of professional recreational specialists will host the families during their stay at the lodge. Student/parent trips will take place this summer, followed by trips for the officers. D.A.R.E. goals, guidelines, and curriculum will be followed throughout the trip.
The nine sponsoring officers (as one group) will be awarded:
- Round-trip airfare, ground travel, and a four-day, three-night stay in the five-star 5.11 Tactical lodge
- A shooting competition at the official 5.11 Tactical Montana Range Facility
- A full day of trout fishing, led by a professional guide, on the world-famous Big Horn River
- A tour of Little Bighorn Battlefield, the historic site of Custer's Last Stand, and other leisure activities
- Delicious food, relaxing five-star accommodations, great scenery, and a chance to meet peers from across the country
For complete submission details, visit www.lightforlifefoundation.org.
The police-officer-led D.A.R.E. program has become the largest and most comprehensive drug education and violence prevention program in the world—positively impacting millions of students from kindergarten through 12th grade. D.A.R.E. lessons are now taught in all 50 states and 43 countries around the world.
About 5.11 Tactical Series
Located in Modesto, Calif., 5.11 Tactical Series creates innovative, user-required products that enhance the safety, speed, and performance of law enforcement, military, and fire/EMS professionals. Built on a foundation of durability, quality, and value, 5.11 Tactical's team of more than 200 employees leads the industry in delivering functionally innovative gear, head to toe. The company was ranked #211 on the 2007 Inc. 500 list. Learn more about 5.11's best-selling tactical clothing, station wear, uniforms, outerwear, footwear, and accessories at www.511tactical.com.
Horry County (S.C.) Police officers discovered $1 million worth of cocaine, after pulling...
Norfolk (Va.) Police shot and killed the driver of a cream-colored Mercedes who struck an...
A 16-year veteran of the Harris County Sheriff's Office was killed by an alleged drunken...
A high-speed vehicle pursuit through rural Burke County, N.C., earlier this month ended...
Accidentally butt dialing someone is embarrassing or inconsequential to most, but for two...