Baltimore Police Say Gangs are Teaming Up to "Take Out" Officers

April 27, 2015  |

Baltimore Police say they have received a "credible threat" that rival gangs have teamed up to "take out" law enforcement officers.

Police said in a statement they have received information that members of "various gangs" — including the Black Guerrilla Family, the Bloods and the Crips — have "entered into a partnership" to harm police.

"Law enforcement agencies should take appropriate precautions to ensure the safety of their officers," police said.

Capt. Eric Kowalczyk, the agency's chief spokesman, told the Baltimore Sun he could not immediately elaborate on how the information was received or why police found it credible. He would not say whether it was believed connected to the ongoing demonstrations regarding the death of Freddie Gray.

Robert Kermit Cole @ 4/27/2015 11:39 AM

Not going to allow these groups to kill police. I live in Alabama and we will not put up with this disregard for peace.

Alfredo Arceo Jr @ 4/27/2015 4:07 PM

I hope this is just bad information. Violance will not solve any problems. It'll be just a bigger problem for ALL. I hope these issues are resolved Peacefully. I'll keep everyone involved in this problem in my prayers! Be safe.

Leonard Mather @ 4/27/2015 4:13 PM

Hatred is taught and learned. Fractured families are vulnerable when offspring join gangs as a result. Revenge instead of forgiveness and understanding begets wrathful responses because of Newton's 2nd Law: "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Education, family and love from the latter helps change society. All this requires a change in attitude and perception.

bob retired leo @ 4/27/2015 4:14 PM

I see the animals are out of their cages and stampeding in Baltimore. Robbing and looting their neighborhoods and injuring innocent businesses and officers with the excuse of the recent death. The family requested a peaceable two days. But instead this goes to show the dirtbags are only interested in themselves the destruction of the city and others property.

KevCopAz @ 4/27/2015 7:18 PM

Perhaps its time, let them come and lets end this

Tim @ 4/28/2015 7:43 PM

Well according to the LAPD, these threats were unfounded. Probably some pogue trying to cause trouble

krisnlc @ 4/29/2015 8:21 AM

I dont find myself agreeing with KevCopAz usually. But i think he is right...Sometimes the best way to deal with your enemy is face to face. My money is on the cops, better trained, smarter, and tatictally more intelligent. This confrontation would resolve the future gang issue of those gangs cause most of them would lose. No lost to our society, the unfortunate consequence is that some of our officers would also lose.

Brannon @ 5/3/2015 4:44 PM

I don't see why these animals think that by killing police, which help enforce the law, will make the law any better. This will just cause more chaos.

Bran0726 @ 5/3/2015 4:47 PM

I don't see what these animals think by killing police, which help enforce the law, will do to help the law. If anything, this will create for chaos. I agree with the others, though. We shall wait and see where this goes.