Tennessee Bill to Ban Gang Members from Public Spaces

April 08, 2014  |

Senators are slated to act this week on a bill that provides statutory guidance for courts using Tennessee’s public nuisance law to keep criminal gang members out of public areas like parks and neighborhoods, reports the Chattanooga Times Free Press.

The Community Safety Act builds on a 2009 change in the public nuisance law that brought criminal gangs and their members under its provisions.

Acting on requests by Nashville and Memphis officials, judges last year issued injunctions barring Kurdish Pride Gang members from gathering in a Nashville park and prevented the Riverside Rollin’ 90s Neighborhood Crips from congregating in a South Memphis neighborhood.

State Safety Commissioner Bill Gibbons said the goal of the Haslam administration bill is to encourage wider use of nuisance laws against criminal gangs by codifying the approach.

Tags: Crips, Gang Enforcement, Tennessee Laws, Tennessee

Lenny @ 4/8/2014 1:43 PM

It probably would have been easier(as this is Tennessee) to simply say those allowed to use the parks etc, must be:
WHITE
REPUBLICAN
Wealthy
Over forty
and WHITE

claywatson @ 4/8/2014 3:09 PM

Another choice for TN legislature is follow through on another pending bill to allow permit holders to be ready to protect themselves in parks, as is the case in MS. In TN, cities and counties can opt out of the state law which allows protection in any park.

AJ @ 4/8/2014 4:29 PM

I guess the Parks belong to the SEIU members, Illegal Aliens, Soros, Bank$ters, Kissinger, The Bush Klan, CFR, IMF, United Nations and the NWO. Man can fail and fall into corruption, God on the other hand in Incorruptible!

Please pray to God for Wisdom, and Integrity in these uncertain times! A men and women in Blue, are better than those in the SEUI ( Purple )!

Tenn is taking the right action to curb crime. But even if it passes, Holder and O will accuse others of Racism. Just like the Gun runners, trying to ban guns! They don't want Law Abiding citizens to protect themselves! They want everyone to Worship O and Government.

You can tell what NLP has done to some Obama Zealots! Don't get critical of their Demi G*d! They don't ask questions, and put all their misguided "FAITH" in Humanity. Instead of a Higher Power.

Obama is Half White over Forty, and Pretends to be Lincoln (R). Obama is also Wealthy too! Etc. Obama's Grandparents were white and kept him fed! 40+ yrs!

Capt. Crunch @ 4/8/2014 6:44 PM

Thank you Lenny, now I have more evidence of your racist remarks. I can make some money off your pink VW, in San Francisco.

Johnny Law @ 4/9/2014 10:09 AM

Lenny, Lenny, Lenny......back in mommy's basement you go!! No more racist remarks today young man. You can call Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson tomorrow and complain. You have all day right..........since you have no job and obviously no life!! LOL!!!!

Johnny Law @ 4/9/2014 10:09 AM

Johnny Law @ 4/9/2014 10:09 AM

BT Roberts @ 4/9/2014 12:58 PM

F--K you Lenny!

BT Roberts @ 4/9/2014 12:58 PM

F--K you Lenny!

Lenny @ 4/9/2014 5:26 PM

Capt, So let me see if I have this right, you're going to make money off of
my "racist" comments about the state of Tennessee. What state do you
live in, the state of intoxication? Jurisprudence is best served in rooms
without cieling fans.

Johnny, as I have said to others, your comments are barely worth reading
once certainly not 3 times. Write your comment, click post, and then hit
the refresh button in your browser. Problem solved OK sweetheart? Don't
keep frantically hitting the post button, it's not like firing a gun at someone.

BT Roberts, Clear, concise and not all in caps! Well done.
Yet as with most comments no point just rage.
Hope you're not on patrol.

Capt. Crunch @ 4/9/2014 6:03 PM

@ That's right Lenny, you are racist towards all white people in Tennessee and all white people in general specially police officers. I am also going to put a sexual harassment charge on you for calling me sweetheart I find that offensive and I am sure that Johnny Law also finds that offensive for you calling him sweetheart. Enjoy your can of tuna while you can.

Jelly @ 4/10/2014 3:56 AM

Lenny…your first post says a lot about who you are and why you post the way you do. You sir are clearly a racist and just assume that the people pushing the law fall under one the category of white, rich, Republican. Perhaps good law abiding families are just tired of their parks being taking over by certain individuals with ill intentions. Maybe some families white, black or otherwise are tired of kicking beer cans and dope bags to the side so they can lay their blanket on the ground. And maybe just maybe these families are fed up with every flat surface in the park being spray painted with gang tags. But no, all you see is the big bad white man coming down on everyone. I’m really surprised a self-proclaimed educated man like you would pull the race card so quickly. Have you ever taken the time to think that, this is being done because of the numerous complaints received about the gang’s activities? Probably not, because you’re a racist on only see the world that way.

Johnny Law @ 4/10/2014 10:41 AM

HA HA Lenny you made me laugh again! You say my posts are only good to read once but guess what?? You read all three!! I did that sio you would get the message my little gay friend. I understand it upsets you that we ( LEOs) exist. Without us perverts like you could molest children, rob the little Ole lady with the pension check and smoke crack all day. But, that is not the case! We put trash like you in jail. The prison system is full of your friends and family. So whine on little man, we aren't going anywhere! Stay safe Blue!

Lenny @ 4/12/2014 2:46 AM

@ Capt.
So again, you are going to make money based on my comments about Tennessee? As far as your sexual harassment suit idea you should go back over some of the comments you have made about me, I did.
@ Jelly Your name says a lot about who you are and why you post the way you do. I imagine you are some sort of donut laden Leviathan who never gets out of his car. Your assertion that I a self-proclaimed educated man is untrue. I have never proclaimed that in any of my posts, it's just when people like yourself read them, I am by comparison a F---ing genious.
@ Johnny Law 1) I am not gay, 2) I am most certinly not your friend, 3) I am not child molester, thief or drug addict. That's 3 strikes and you're out, I do hope your career path isn't leading towards detective. If you tried to take me to jail little man you would lose. And just like all the other bad tempered, low IQ cops I see you have decided to attack my friends and family. Must be that higher standard you re held to.

Capt. Crunch @ 4/12/2014 9:19 AM

@ Lenny, Fortinos grocery store has a sale on tuna.

Jelly @ 4/12/2014 3:03 PM

Lenny….Well if that isn’t a textbook typical liberal response. Throw facts away, they don’t matter. Confuse them all with your bullshit emotion and anger. Waaa Waaa Waaaa! It sounds something like this, insult, cry, stomp your feet and try and make people believe that, no matter what, you’re right. Then if that doesn’t work cry to the government that the world is unfair so the corrupt politicians can coward to your needs simple to get your vote. Oh by the way, you have said in several of your old post how intelligent you are, simply by continuously denigrating police officers. That would be self-proclaimed.

Lenny @ 4/13/2014 12:52 AM

@Jelly
Funny??, that's exactly how I feel about most of the posts I see here from leos.
BTW I actually have ROE when I post, I never insult until insulted, and I have never cared whether any pinheads on here believe me. I also never cry to the government because I have no use for swivel servants particularly those with hats. As far as your final 2 sentences, 1 you make no sense at all. 2 I don't always denigrate leos. When I first visited this site I was very polite, courteous but I was curious. I began to ask some questions hoping for some explanation, clarification because I was disturbed by a trend of increased violence by the police. Some of the officers on here were helpful, some would POLITELY debate but most were like you, SS, KevCopAz, Capt Crunch, Johnny Law, Az Bob etc. Arrogant, unrepentant, and just plain nasty. You all shared 1 other characteristic any story, ANY STORY you immediately take the side of the cops without checking any other info. And then the justifying begins

Jelly @ 4/13/2014 5:08 AM

Lenny….Another textbook response, move to plan B. Always respond by saying, “but wait I’m the victim here”. Lenny you have NEVER posted unless it was an article about police officers being shown in “bad Light”. You have NEVER posted anything, but insults directed at police officers. Worse of all, you do it on a site designed for police officers. I’m done with you! Please don’t respond because I won’t by responding to anymore of your trash talk. I deal with people like you every day on the street. I don’t need any more of your Cop Bashing crap. Especially from someone that doesn’t even live in this country

Lenny @ 4/13/2014 11:57 AM

@ Jelly "Confuse them all with your bullshit emotion and anger. Waaa Waaa Waaaa! It sounds something like this, insult, cry, stomp your feet and try and make people believe that, no matter what, you’re right".
HMMM

S.S. @ 4/18/2014 10:56 AM

Guys it shouldn't even matter please remember that lenny is a canadian,(THANK GOD) which means that her comments don't even matter. Shes just completely hopeless and clueless. Just disregard any of her comments.

Lenny @ 4/18/2014 2:00 PM

@ S.S.
Another of your well thought out, whiny and meaningless comments.
Why DO you bother little man?

Ima Leprechaun @ 4/21/2014 8:40 PM

Slowly this site degrades into the CB radio of the 21st century.