Police-Killer Gang Threatened Conn. C.O.

August 27, 2013  |

Police arrested four people who threatened and attempted to rob a corrections officer from Hartford at a gas station early Monday, police said.

The officer was pumping gas at the Pride Gas Station on East Columbus Avenue when two vehicles pulled up. Three of five people in the vehicles told the corrections officer that they were members of a street gang that kills police officers, police said.

Read the full Hartford Courant story.

Tags: Corrections, Threats to Officers

Jay. @ 8/27/2013 2:11 PM

Why do you have the full article

John Carp @ 8/27/2013 3:45 PM

Stay armed 24/7. Who knows if would have made a difference, but at least the Officer would have had a fighting chance, had things gone another way.
God bless!
Just say'in

bob retired leo @ 8/27/2013 4:11 PM

All law officers need to be armed on duty(depending on their job) and off duty for their own personal protection for fear of retaliation or job related threats. In NY they have an idiotic system where you have unarmed Peace Officers both on and off duty. I know because I worked there and was a union rep. I left after making var stops and arrests and realizing I was an idiot for doing this. I served in NY and when I moved to Florida, they have a great system. All are called law enforcement officers, and all are armed no matter what their jobs is. NO unarmed Peace Officers because their agency doesnt want the expense of training or operating that way. Its freaking stupid and dangerous.

Leonard Mather @ 8/27/2013 8:07 PM

This group of losers takes the cake. Two almost 30 and two at age 32, without guns, imply they have guns and want LEO's sunglasses--then they leave without taking the sunglasses. They are one Stooge ahead of the 3 Stooges. When captured, the wisest act would be deportation to their own country, since they are a distinct detriment just by being alive. Los Stupidos.

FireCop @ 8/28/2013 4:28 AM

This is just the tip of the iceberg. It's getting crazier every day. Stay alert, and stay safe.

maddog 81 mm @ 8/28/2013 5:02 AM

In 1996 , I retired as an LEO, since then I've been a CCW holder ! During my tenure as an Leo, I was threatened a great number of times , I took the threats seriously , and yes , you never let your guard down! Sounds paranoid , I agree ! But I'm still here , and plan to be here awhile. I've experienced my past comming back at me in stores , and other places , but was prepared each time ! People you lock up, eventually are released , and some do carry out their threats , so I say to LEOs, always be prepared, there is no let up ! LEOs be safe !!!