Video: Pa. Chief's Profanity-Laced Video Goes Viral

July 24, 2013  |

VIDEO: Pa. Chief's Profane Tirade

Gilberton (Pa.) Police Chief Mark Kessler has made several profanity-laced videos showing him cursing and firing fully automatic weapons that have raised questions about the chief's off-duty behavior.

Kessler's latest video came earlier this month, when he pretended to apologize for "hurting feelings" before blasting "libtards," c***suckers, and others who were offended by his earlier video. Chief Kessler interspersed his remarks with footage of him firing fully automatic AK-47 and M-16 rifles and a fully automatic pistol with drum magazines.

When contacted by WNEP, Chief Kessler defended his videos and said he refuses to apologize for his pro-gun stance.

"I chose to use profanity to get someone’s attention in that video," he told WNEP. "To wake people up and say 'hey, if you don't stand up for your rights, you're going lose them.'"

Gilberton Mayor Marylou Hannon said she supports the chief's free-speech rights.

Chief Kessler has claimed he's a member of Oath Keepers. In an email to PoliceMag.com, Oath Keepers Board Member Elias Alias said the group has no record of Kessler paying dues or applying for membership.

Kessler has formed 38 chapters of an armed group calling itself the Constitutional Security Force that pledges to defend "our constitution ... from tyranny only if needed," reports Salon.

Tags: Off-Duty Life, First Amendment, Second Amendment, Gun Rights Advocacy, Police Chiefs, Oath Keepers

Bob@Az. @ 7/24/2013 11:58 AM

Hot damn! A Mayor who backs her Chief. I may not agree with his methods of getting the word out about our shrinking freedoms but I sure appreciate those that remember their Oath to our Flag and Country. Blues, Stay Safe.

Lenny @ 7/24/2013 10:31 PM

That is utter bat shit crazy. Usually reserved for Texas and Florida.

Grog @ 7/25/2013 6:05 PM

I appreciate his pro-gun stance, and his message is a good one. Freedom. I love freedom. I am all for freedom. But... He needs to be careful because some people will look at his videos as evidence that he has a few screws loose. (see below post...)

I am all for the Constitution, and for what it stands for. But... One needs to have at least some modicum of restraint. I was always professional as a LEO. I am retired now, but still maintain my professionalism. I think the chief really needs some lessons on being "professional".

PoPo@Five-O @ 7/26/2013 6:44 AM

Ok I get the freedom of speech thing and the "pry it out of my cold dead hands" thing that made this country so great. But I wonder why he has this need to act tough, talk crap and think it he deserves respect. I wonder if one of his officers spoke to him like that if he would shake their hand and say good job, keep it up. Or would he fire the officer for insubordination? What a waste of good ammunition. I hope it wasn't the city's ammunition he was shooting. As far as the Mayor, she must be as backwoods as the Chief. They deserve each other. I see nothing positive here.

Brian Brachel @ 7/26/2013 3:06 PM

I think that most LEO'S would stand beside the Chief in solidarity of the 2nd Amendment. Some may view the video and say this guy is nuts.... But, I will say most all of us who swore The Oath, have had passing thoughts of saying these exact same things. Most of us are very frustrated by the lack of respect for the Constitution and the blatant lies and cover ups coming out of our nations highest office. The only difference I think between the Chief and those of us concerned, is that he decided to make a powerful statement. Maybe all of us need to get off of our asses and get into the trenches too. Just my opinion.

Sherry @ 7/27/2013 5:52 PM

I say "same to you Chief of disrespect" Some one needs to drug test this fool. Drug test all officer twice a week. That should be a law.

mikew @ 7/29/2013 8:35 AM

He is one crazy "dude"!!!

Lee @ 7/29/2013 11:23 PM

Hi. My family lived in PA for several generations and I'm planning to move there myself. I look forward to moving somewhere in the "backwoods" where people still cling to their God, their Bible, and their guns. Since I am not allowed to use profanity, I will simply say that those who oppose our White Christian heritage or our Constitution are -- how shall I say this nicely? -- underestimating the resolve of the true core American people to fight for their heritage.