Retired Cop Subdues Road-Raging Attorney

June 20, 2013  |

Screenshot via KTLA.
Screenshot via KTLA.
A retired LAPD officer took down an attorney on a Los Angeles street Monday morning after the attorney attacked him during a road-rage incident.

The officer, who told KTLA he prefers to remain nameless, used a chokehold and made a citizen's arrest of Randalf Kincaid. The scuffle was captured on cell phone video.

Kincaid had punched the retired officer after exiting his Volkswagen Beetle on Burbank Boulevard.

Tags: Retired Officers, LAPD, Road Rage

Duke Holtzman @ 6/20/2013 6:57 PM

Just because you are a retired LEO does not mean you forget your training!!! I have been retired from Baltimore City Police Dept., Maryland, since 1988 but I am still sharp, armed, and will result to my experience and training when needed!!!

Bob@Az. @ 6/20/2013 8:50 PM

Please please please tell me he was a criminal defense attorney!!!!! These are what every street cops dreams are of. Great take down Officer. Blues, Stay Safe & Sharp!

Mike @ 6/21/2013 12:01 AM

Congratulations! The attorney should have gotten that a LONG time ago

Robert Hillsman, M.D. @ 6/21/2013 12:18 AM

Sad part is the retired LEO will probably now have to hire ANOTHER ATTY. to defend him from he civil lawsuit soon to come from the "road raging atty". Hope lots of video exists to keep him safe!

Ptt @ 6/21/2013 5:00 AM

They both look like idiots. Next time: get the plate #, call 911 and provide a good statement.

TXLawman @ 6/21/2013 8:19 AM

The retired officer says he reverted back to his training? If that's what they teach in CA to jump up on someone's back that is taller, glad I wasn't trained there. Ended up on the ground underneath the suspect. Bad decision. You always bring the suspect down to your level. Grab shoulder or hair and knee strike to the back of his knee will place the suspect in a position to use the LVNR, which we can't use anymore here.

Rick @ 6/21/2013 8:36 AM

Incidents like this are on the rise here in CA; proof that citizens need CCW, but the governor instead outlawed the open carry of UNLOADED guns to make the state safer. I'm so glad the criminals obey the law.

JimB @ 6/21/2013 10:26 AM

I'm glad the woman who shot the video gave a good description of the attorney's action before the video started. It will help the retired LEO in any potential lawsuits.

I know it's in our instinct to take matters into our own hands but I'm not sure it was the wisest move on the part of the retired LEO. I'm not saying he didn't have cause to defend himself, but at the time that he took aggressive action, he wasn't being threatened. I'm also not sure what I think of his tactics. But all in all, I'm glad it worked out well for him.

Lastly, I will say this: He says he doesn't know what he did to set the other guy off but I have never seen a completely one sided road rage incident. Just sayin'.