Dorner Supporters Protest at LAPD HQ

February 18, 2013  |

Several days after Christopher Dorner's death ended his standoff with authorities, some sympathizers have been expressing support for him online and on the street.

Dorner—accused of the slayings of four people—has gained some supporters on the Web who have read his alleged manifesto and believe its claims that he was unfairly fired by the Los Angeles Police Department and was a victim of racism.

Dozens of protesters gathered outside LAPD headquarters in downtown L.A. on Saturday afternoon in an event they said was organized through a Facebook page called "I support Christopher Jordan Dorner." The post announcing the protest advised attendees to "keep it PEACEFUL" and to bring recording equipment.

The Facebook page states: "This is not a page about supporting the killing of innocent people. It's supporting fighting back against corrupt cops and bringing to light what they do."

Read the full Los Angeles Times story.

Tags: LAPD, Protests, Chris Dorner

SP50 @ 2/18/2013 10:32 PM

How does an idiot psycho killer bring people to the conclusion that an entire police department is corrupt?

Dennis @ 2/18/2013 10:32 PM

It would appear that some of the sheep we protect really are scum. Isn't it wonderful to live in a country with freedom of speach...but I guess that's one of the things we swore to uphold.

Old Dawg @ 2/18/2013 10:48 PM

POS murdered 4 people and idiots want to "clear his name"?

PD @ 2/18/2013 10:51 PM

Why am I not surprised. Surprised Villaraigosa isn't out there chanting away with them.

Doc @ 2/18/2013 10:51 PM

They must have been Racists, to support a murderer, because there is no other reason. It's funny how the racists come out, when they don't know what they are talking about. I'm sick of the race card being played and used as an excuse for everything.
This is just like how the racists didn't waste any time, when George Zimmerman was called "white" by the news media, but they got that wrong too.
People like dorner will Never be a hero and I'm glad he is burning.

tomconlin @ 2/18/2013 11:14 PM

Doc, I sure hope, but can't swear, that he is burning... BUT, at least we can certainly prove that he quit smoking last Wednesday.

DaveSAM25G @ 2/19/2013 12:32 AM

(Officers-1st amendment-counter-protest the group peacefully- lawfully)...Reminds me of piece I pulled up in my old email files had two officer's behind a patrol unit in full riot gear while bottles and bricks are bounching off the unit one says to the other "Be very careful one of them may have a video camera...

Bring yours and show up to a hold a memorial for the officer's who lost their lives (Warriors) protecting the community!!!...silence is not always the right way to express held in feeling!

Jim A @ 2/19/2013 1:12 AM

No matter whether he was unjustly fired or not, he is a murderer. For every murderer, there are idiots that justify their murderous actions. They call them POS liberals.

G. F. Macher Jr. @ 2/19/2013 3:43 AM

It is distrubing on several fronts this whole issue with a rampage and the innocent deaths as result of a job action. In keeping this in focus and reviewing the facts, frankly LAPD's annoucement to the world this was going to be reviewed after he murder the daughter of a staff officer was unbelievable to begin with. Idiots, protesting in support of Donner is just further evidence that there are major issues in what persons think and care about. It's disgraceful....Combined with LAPD's (touchy feely) handling of this its a wonder that persons protesting just don't get thier way in htis matter and throw out the whole policy and procedure manual. Shame on you Chief.. stand by the process and what has already occured. The public you service demands backbone and to know that right is right and wrong is still wrong. The press release of Donner in LAPD uniform pisses me off to....I am sure the rank and file are tired of seeing him in the uniform of honorable and descent officers. Hang tough LAPD I beleive that is a very special department and at the top of thier game.

ern @ 2/19/2013 4:37 AM

If people want to come together over something corrupt, how about they come together over this current government in Washington D.C. that is running our country into the ground. It starts at the top.

Mike @ 2/19/2013 4:55 AM

I cannot even believe that this KILLER has a following. the C.O.P. announced that he was re-opening the initial fireing case of this idiot, and he continued to KILL INNOCENT people.

Frank Deal @ 2/19/2013 5:23 AM

Why re-open his case. He is dead. He was a murderer. We are better off without him. Even if there are questions about his firing, he had absolutely no right to kill. And the protestors, they have got to be idiots.God be with the innocent people who died by his evil hands. To the families of the innocents, find out if he had anything and if he does, Get an attorney and get everything he had.

vincenzino @ 2/19/2013 5:26 AM

A number of years ago, I saw a tee shirt in one of my catalogues that
read, "A Society That Makes War on its Police Had Better Learn to Make
Friends With its Criminals"... citizens, arm yourselves and prepare to take care of your own!!

William322 @ 2/19/2013 5:30 AM

Dorner is a Victim ?..... he was a cold calculating murderer. Society is better off without one less psychopath in full bloom.

Jasper100 @ 2/19/2013 5:52 AM

Sadly, had any one of these protesters had Dorner barricaded in the house next door, they would have been the first demanding police protection. It starts with one person getting a crazy idea of supporting a murderer, the rest.....lemmings!

Dan B @ 2/19/2013 6:30 AM

That is one of the reasons I'm glad I will be out of this profession at the end of March after 30 years! You can talk about their 1st Amendment rights all you want, but I don't have to like what they say.

Will @ 2/19/2013 6:33 AM

another example of what is wrong with our country. There are rules and they apply to everyone.

Random @ 2/19/2013 6:37 AM

DaveSAM25G, Thank you! That was funny on so many levels.

Michael @ 2/19/2013 8:24 AM

This is the only country where you are free...TO BE AN IDIOT!!!

TO @ 2/19/2013 9:15 AM

I unfortunately had to work with this murdering idiot Dorner for about 3 months. Even back then he had a chip on his shoulder that he knew everything and could get away with anything. He boasted about being the nephew of another moron retired and current councilmen Bernard Parks. Dorner never treated the citizens with any respect or dignity. Surprising they want to support him. I knew he was crazy then and it was a much needed and better day when he was fired. Everyone knew of his craziness and feared he would go nuts that's why it took 5 supervisors to relieve him. My thoughts & prayers go out to all the families of the fallen & thank you for your service. We at the LAPD and the world are better off but too many people sympathize with false stories and show support for what they do not know. Hopefully, one day or society again will have faith & trust. Stay safe & strong out there.

Jim VG @ 2/19/2013 9:26 AM

It's sad that the media has focused on the fact he was a disgraced police officer for a very short time. The truly scary fact is that he was a commissioned officer in the US Navy and served there for years. At least LAPD saw he was a problem and dealt with it accordingly. The Navy did not and allowed him to be in a position of authority for an extended period of time. I also noticed the Navy is not taking any heat for this at all.

Red @ 2/19/2013 9:48 AM

Supporters? Really? How sad is that!

tim @ 2/19/2013 10:11 AM

All these supporters should be rounded up and thrown in a prison camp until they can learn right from wrong.

Capt. Crunch @ 2/19/2013 11:14 AM

Supporters for Dorner, I wonder if he (Dorner) were to kill one of their(supporters) family members if they would still support him. I know there are a lot of stupid people in the world but I did not know there were this many.

westcoastleo @ 2/19/2013 1:51 PM

100% of you have stated what I've wanted to say so, I won't have to type my comments. I agree with all of you.

LASD
33 yrs
Still Active

gatorhater @ 2/19/2013 3:43 PM

I will never understand the thoughts of folks that want to push a plain maniac thug murderer up to the rank of marter . my thoughts go to the family both blue and real of the fallen officers.. Some people need a story to tell and it does not set well for most black folks around the country. Want a cause, bring home all our troops!!! march on that!!!!

J706 @ 2/19/2013 5:23 PM

Wow what a bunch of tools!! Just as I would expect from that city.

James @ 2/19/2013 6:27 PM

I'm just curious the news and police say Christopher Dorner is a murder. They about his reign of terror he caused. The victims name. I have not once heard the evidence they had to convict him of any of those murders. Some man in orange county killed 3people randomly and himself this morning. No shots fired from pd and he killed himself after his police pursuit. He managed to kill more people during his pursuit than Dorner did. oh shoot I forgot the people he killed were not cops so who cares right?

Foster @ 2/19/2013 7:31 PM

@ ERNE You couldn't have said it better. You know something is terribly wrong when the criminal has become the hero.

John @ 2/19/2013 11:05 PM

The following statements were taken from the Christopher Dorner appreciation society page. Yolanda Trolle is directing a comment towards Carol Evans Peterson. Yolanda said, "Why don't educated you sell better, before you open you mouth. You calling him murderer, what you call the corruptive police,who kill the man who had syndrome??? This man was give is live, for justice."

Yes folks, this is the type of retarded bitch who feels sorry for the death of a low life who kills innocent civilians.

Lou T @ 2/20/2013 5:21 AM

This sick, twisted idiot kills a woman and then calls her dad to taunt him about her death? He kills her fiance, a Public Safety Officer and 2 Police Officers (may they all RIP) and these POS's support him? I can only think that they hate PO's because they are criminals. I just thought of a use for those drones they are pulling out of the Middle East!

S.S. @ 2/20/2013 5:38 AM

F**k all of you Dorner supporters!!!

Frank @ 2/20/2013 11:23 AM

I would have been some what understanding of Dorner's position since the LAPD did have some issues back in the 70's and 80's but once he started his killing spree my atitude changed. A LEO who kills people is no better than the POS's that roam the streets of our country. These shootings are troublesome and ther Justice system needst enforce the laws with the death sentence. Sorry by I have no problem taking a life that thinks murdering and mayhem is the way of life in the 21st century. The Justice system and our law makers need to wake the hell up.

Jeff @ 2/20/2013 1:18 PM

John, thank you for that, that was hilarious. but James. your an idiot.

tim @ 2/21/2013 9:30 AM

John, your post was one of the funnier ones I've read in a while. Unfortunately there's many more Yolandas out there.

Frank @ 2/21/2013 12:28 PM

To: Dorner Supporters,

We all know that the weapon on our hip is just another tool to do a thankless job that usually deals with the biggest scumbags in society. The weapon is to used to protect our life and any innocent civilians life. The weapon is not used to shoot people indirectly or directly involved in the removal of Dorner from the LAPD. Dorner in the end, deserves what he got no matter what the supporter may think.
This in not the Willd West, Afganistan or any other third world ****hole.

Fel @ 2/23/2013 11:44 AM

Wow. I should know better after 18 years on the job in public & private sector...people are just out of their minds. But really? Being off the streets now for 14 months and in grad school full time I have started to have more clarity than I did on the job, I have determined that my previous thoughts that most humans are losers was very limited...the reality is that it has expanded to most humans are worthless and stupid. Watching the Dorner incident unfold, worried non-stop for my baby brother (and LAPD cop), and feeling so sad for the downed officers....just another reason for me to ride the PUT again. I have to shake my head in disbelief. Which in itself is so dumb, as in, why would I be so naive as to not expect such stupidity. Whether or not Dorner was a victim of racial bias or not, which very well could have been the case and maybe he was treated unjustly and had a real case...he didn't chose to handle it correctly...that's the bottom line. He chose to go 10-81 and mess up a ton of people's lives. He made his bed & now he lies in it. Just want to yell out "Hey, you, protestors..dumb people, GO HOME, put your energies into something productive and helpful for the good of the world!" WTF! Whew, that felt good, now I don't have to yell at my teenagers.