Weapons

Glock 30S Arriving Soon

The Glock 30S offers a slimmer slide and double-stack magazine.

January 09, 2013  |  by - Also by this author

Photo via The Firearm Blog.
Photo via The Firearm Blog.

Glock plans to introduce a new pistol called the Glock 30S, a .45-caliber hybrid of the company's Glock 30 and Glock 36, a prominent gun blog is reporting ahead of SHOT Show.

The Glock 30S would arrive with the double-stack magazine of the Glock 30 and the slim slide of the Glock 36, reports The Firearm Blog.

Glock fans may have driven the introduction, when they discovered that the Glock 36 slide could be made to work on the Glock 30.

Give us your thoughts. Does this pistol have a place in law enforcement? Would you consider carrying it as a back-up gun or off-duty weapon? Add your comment below.

Tags: Glock, .45 ACP, Backup Guns

Dianne Tritschler @ 1/9/2013 7:22 PM

I like

William322 @ 1/10/2013 8:47 PM

I like Glock Gen 4's and I will get the .45 when available for my off duty Peace Keeper.

Roger @ 1/14/2013 6:53 PM

Being retired law enforcement I would definitely buy and carry this. Was going to buy G36.

oneill45 @ 1/14/2013 7:44 PM

working in law enforcement, I currently carry the glock 30 off duty, as well as my back up. I love this gun and will continue to carry it

JANET AIELLO @ 1/16/2013 11:37 AM

Would definitely consider this weapon for spring/summer concealed carry. Smaller than my present Colt .45 Defender.

Fred Starr @ 1/22/2013 2:35 PM

Where and how soon can i get one of the 30s 45s wow the field test i veiwed was really impressive.

Hector David @ 1/28/2013 12:42 PM

It took them long enough to finally made the glock 30, the right way

A Armijo @ 1/31/2013 10:27 AM

I currently carry a taurus PT 145 a compact 45, I would welcome the 30S.

Tom @ 1/31/2013 10:53 AM

I carry a 30 as my service weapon and a Springfield XDs as a backup. I am eager to see this 30s and if it feels good, will get one.

Ed @ 1/31/2013 10:54 AM

Glock, please listen to the rest of us and make a 9/40 single stack about the same height as a G26/27. I love my G27 but it is just...fat. S&W kind of already beat you to it with the Shield, but there's still time.

Rick H. @ 1/31/2013 10:54 AM

I appreciate all the Glock products. I am very interested in this new 30S in .45 acp.
However, with encroaching age and R.A. in my hands, I miss the feel of my favorite .45, the 1911.
I'd like to see GLOCK introduce a .45 with a factory "slim grip frame".
Rick H.
Texas

Rick Hochmann @ 1/31/2013 11:24 AM

Like all the other L.E. Glocks, good looking. I look forward to shooting one and then buying one as my concealed carry. I hope to see more specs on this pistol.
Ogre Cop

Chief P @ 1/31/2013 11:42 AM

Since they offer the Glock 36 as a sub-compact handgun and the Glock 19/23/32 are offered as a compact version they should have designed a compact version of the 36 (4" barrel), a duty size (same size as Glock 17/22/31) and a full size (same size as a Glock 34/35). These weapons might turn the market on its ear! I did like that they did something as it is better than nothing. I will give it a try.

Fed Cop @ 1/31/2013 11:45 AM

It looks good, but I need something that's small and easily concealed. I just bought the Ruger LC9 for my off-duty CC. I know it's not a substitute for the .45 ACP, but it's great for the 9mm crowd.

Daryl Allen @ 1/31/2013 1:45 PM

I would love to try this weapon out for concealed carry. It looks like it would be just right especially in .45.

Driverx @ 1/31/2013 4:52 PM

So when will Glock make a similar package in 10mm? a True midsize .45 and 10mm would be nice, especially if they could keep the size the same as the 19/23/32. I just wish Glock would offer a better trigger, maybe switch the actual trigger to aluminum and not the spongy plastic.

Rod @ 2/2/2013 9:28 AM

Having owned both a 30 & 36 in the past I would not hesitate to carry the 30s off duty. A slimmer 10 shot would be easier to conceal and would still be large enough to control. Now if they would add the ambi mag release I have on my 21SF!

Fox @ 2/4/2013 7:22 AM

Rickh, I have a .45 slim frame from Glock. It's much easier to grip. Have you checked it out?

SGT.D @ 2/4/2013 8:28 AM

Not one to buy the newest/latest/most bitchin' Gun Of the Month, I retired my S&W Model 25-5 for a Glock 21 (1st Gen.) some years ago. It's been fault-free in the interim (33 years).
The Glock 36 is another excellent example of the original concept, so I bought one as a backup/off-duty.
That said, this new 30S will be my next off-duty gun. With a double-stack that fits my duty weapon (retirement is boring), it's the best beast for the buck.
Sgt.D

gregorio @ 10/17/2013 6:45 AM

For a back up use no maybe a smith&wesson 640 pro series .357 magnum or a MP 9 sheild